Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries

Post New Thread Reply   

Kempus
Old 08-08-2016 , 17:32   MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,
Which one is better for servers with low CPM countries players?

MotdGD has a http://motdgd.com/rates.php site, where we can check CPM for diffirent countries.
Does Pinion has something like this?
Puppetmaster
Old 08-09-2016 , 21:06   Re: MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempus View Post
Hi,

MotdGD has a http://motdgd.com/rates.php site, where we can check CPM for diffirent countries.

Very interesting question, Ill ask arthur to take a look here ;)

GZS Servers
LambdaLambda
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-09-2016 , 21:10   Re: MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempus View Post
Hi,

http://vppgamingnetwork.com/rates/rates.html

Thats what i found on VPPs website.

@VPP
Seriously dudes, cant you link it on your main post?

Last edited by LambdaLambda; 08-09-2016 at 21:11.
thenumb3rguy
Old 08-10-2016 , 01:36   Re: MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries
Reply With Quote #4

motdgd in general has poor inventory.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/botarnold
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 08-10-2016 , 14:41   Re: MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries
Reply With Quote #5

I'll chime in here with my 2c, obviously I'm biased towards our model and how I believe it's best as will MOTDGD and VPP. It's about choosing which you believe is best, consistent all year or high and low peaks. Pinion rates are more or less static but there is a major point of difference in US, UK and AU which changes the effective CPM greatly above and beyond because we pay you regardless if it's blank or filled.

For example at the moment US fill is pretty sub par, add in the whole demand for HTML5 inventory vs flash thing (with very very very few clients being flash compatible) so perfect fill is more or less a unicorn. Lets assume there's 50% fill in US, UK or AU, with us we'd pay you for all your inventory. Meaning if you factor in fill elsewhere, it means we're actually paying a $6 CPM for the ads that fill effectively. Here's a less drastic example imagine 100,000 ad slots with a 70% fill rate and a CPM of US$3.00. Pinion will pay US$300.00 (which is an eCPM of US$4.23).

Fill more or less is seasonal and industry based, so everyone more or less has the same demand and fill at all times.

But to get down to the basics of what we offer.

Tier 1 (Guaranteed regions) - United States, Australia and United Kingdom:
US$3.00 CPM - Pinion will purchase all of your inventory irrespective of any fill. If it's blank, no matter, we pay for it.

Tier 2 (Non-guaranteed regions) - Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, New Zealand and Norway:
US3.00 CPM on impression basis

Tier 3 (Rest of World):
US$2.20 CPM on impression basis

We also have automatic trigger levels to boost CPMs based on clickthrough rates for the traffic these vary month to month (currently 10% - 15% for between 1-2% overall CTR).

Last edited by Arthur.PinionGG; 08-10-2016 at 14:44.
rICE
Old 03-08-2017 , 14:02   Re: MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries
Reply With Quote #6

I have recently been trying out the different options out there, so I thought I would share my experience.

In terms of support and instructions, Pinion is the one I am most pleased with.

The installation process is explained well on both sites, though Pinion provides a direct download from their website, and the config Pinion provides does not need any form of editing as it detects your "community id" and gives you a pre-configured .cfg file to upload to your server.
With motdgd you have to manually configure your .cfg file to match your userID - though this is not hard, it is something that Pinion does better, and makes for an easier installation process for anyone new to installing plugins.

Pinion's user interface is far superior to Motdgd in terms of design imo.
Functionality wise they are pretty much the same, though Pinion's is marginally faster, and easier to navigate.

Now on to ad revenue.
This is were Pinion for me is way ahead of everything else I have tested so far.
This is location based, but with my target audience (Scandinavia) pinion generate way more revenue than any of their competition.

The issues I have with pinion is that the ad plays through sometimes even though the MOTD is not on the client's screen. - This is something that is really bad, its super annoying and you will see players disconnect as soon as they connect to your server because of this.
Another issue I have with the ingame ads delivered by pinion, is the lack of a volume bar.
Motdgd allows the user to mute the ad, or if they close the MOTD the ad will stop playing immediately.

If I were to rate both providers I would give Pinion.gg 7/10 and Motdg 6/10.
If Pinion fixes the issues aforementioned, I will bump that rating up to 10/10.

Any questions you might have I am happy to answer.

Might be a little cluttered and heavy to read - I'm Norwegian so my English is not that great.
cikavuve
Old 03-08-2017 , 15:00   Re: MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries
Reply With Quote #7

I had a problem with pinion where i'm not able to choose team unless i type joingame in console. Maybe someone can help me with the fix, while motdgd is pretty straight forward with only thing is you have to change user id in .cfg as mentioned previously by rICE.

Last edited by cikavuve; 03-08-2017 at 15:00.
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 03-08-2017 , 16:45   Re: MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries
Reply With Quote #8

Interesting.

I'm AU and motdgd and vpp hadnt been worth anything because there is no fill.

I've turned away from ads due to flash ads breaking the chrome browser used by Valve. This in turn breaks my internal plugins that require the browser.

Does pinion allow me to disable flash ads? as I'm not interested otherwise.
Old 03-09-2017 , 04:36   Re: MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cikavuve View Post
I had a problem with pinion where i'm not able to choose team unless i type joingame in console. Maybe someone can help me with the fix, while motdgd is pretty straight forward with only thing is you have to change user id in .cfg as mentioned previously by rICE.
Just after writing my post yesterday I started having the same issue as you, cant join any team unless i first choose spectate!
rICE
Old 03-09-2017 , 04:42   Re: MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Interesting.

I'm AU and motdgd and vpp hadnt been worth anything because there is no fill.

I've turned away from ads due to flash ads breaking the chrome browser used by Valve. This in turn breaks my internal plugins that require the browser.

Does pinion allow me to disable flash ads? as I'm not interested otherwise.

I believe they use HTML5 by default.