Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

No Block

Post New Thread Reply   

chumly
Old 07-16-2007 , 12:15   Re: No Block
Reply With Quote #21

How about a per user option that changes the block mode if they pull out their knives? noblock in a knife fight is something players don't seem to like. ( although it is funny! ) and allowing the users to switch to their knives, and then being able to jump on each other for boosting, etc. would solve alot of issues.

Thanks!
Chumly
DataMatrix
Old 07-25-2007 , 23:05   Re: No Block
Reply With Quote #22

There is a problem with this in Zombie Master (possibly other mods too).

When the plugin is enabled sometimes players get stuck in the floor and weapons an ammo fall through the floor.
Send a message via MSN to DataMatrix
Rebell
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2007 , 10:03   Re: No Block
Reply With Quote #23

Is it possible to mak no block only for each team (T/CT) ?

cya
Old 08-21-2007 , 20:17   Re: No Block
Reply With Quote #24

How about an option to limit the time the plugin is active. I like the plugin, but only want it to not block for 30 seconds or so, just to allow players to get out of spawn quickly.
hubington
Old 09-03-2007 , 11:30   Re: No Block
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doulos View Post
How about an option to limit the time the plugin is active. I like the plugin, but only want it to not block for 30 seconds or so, just to allow players to get out of spawn quickly.
I had that idea, and it could be done quite easily just create a timer that occurs x seconds after the start of the round to run the enable blocking command. The only problem is that if you then have 2 players who are passing through eachother just as the blocking becomes active again they will get stuck inside eachother and start using colourful language.

Might be able to get round it with a count down telling people when blocking will be re-enabled so they can make sure they are not sharing space with another player but then you will always get someone who will think its funny to TRY and get someone else stuck with them.
Old 11-26-2007 , 19:00   Re: No Block
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataMatrix View Post
There is a problem with this in Zombie Master (possibly other mods too).

When the plugin is enabled sometimes players get stuck in the floor and weapons an ammo fall through the floor.
Just wanted to bring this back up, guns fall through the floors after a few rounds of No Block on.

=\

Happens on the 3rd Party Mod called 'Zombie Master'

I'm thinking that its confusing the Player Props with Object Props such as weapons/ammo.

Only items on the ground fall though, not if its on an box.

Any idea on how to fix?
BarkerJr
Old 12-23-2007 , 14:39   Re: No Block
Reply With Quote #27

Doesn't seem to work on Synergy using sm r1649. I know it's enabled, cause typing sm_noblock in the console says it's 1. But, I still can't walk through people. Any ideas?

Edit: sm r1827 still doesn't work

Last edited by BarkerJr; 12-24-2007 at 10:02.
Send a message via Skype™ to BarkerJr
SirCole
Old 06-06-2008 , 08:30   Re: No Block
Reply With Quote #28

It has been a while since anyone has posted in here, and a very long while since the creator posted in here too.

As a simple featureless to the point plugin this plugins is beautiful..

but everyone has pointed out the fact that sometimes you need to be a solid to complete objectives..

would it not be possible to add in the function so that people can switch noblock on or off?

even better would be a timelimit for how long block or noblock would last before it reverted back to a default that is selected ie block..

I know this is really a post for the feature request forum, but sslice it is your plugin and that would imply that half teh work is already done..

I guess if noone replys I will have to post about it elsewhere to try and get some attention about this

Cole
Sgt-Mess
Old 06-09-2008 , 19:35   Re: No Block
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCole View Post
It has been a while since anyone has posted in here, and a very long while since the creator posted in here too.

As a simple featureless to the point plugin this plugins is beautiful..

but everyone has pointed out the fact that sometimes you need to be a solid to complete objectives..

would it not be possible to add in the function so that people can switch noblock on or off?

even better would be a timelimit for how long block or noblock would last before it reverted back to a default that is selected ie block..

I know this is really a post for the feature request forum, but sslice it is your plugin and that would imply that half teh work is already done..

I guess if noone replys I will have to post about it elsewhere to try and get some attention about this

Cole
If you use the Map and Maps prefix's plugin you can accomplish turning on and off noblocking using the following cvars in your config file.

If you want to have noblock off all the time but only on certain maps then add sm_noblock 0 to your server.cfg. And sm_noblock 1 to a Map And Maps prefix config.

And I'm not sure about a noblock enable time.

Hope this helps.
Send a message via AIM to Sgt-Mess
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2008 , 19:44   Re: No Block
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt-Mess View Post
If you use the Map and Maps prefix's plugin you can accomplish turning on and off noblocking using the following cvars in your config file.

If you want to have noblock off all the time but only on certain maps then add sm_noblock 0 to your server.cfg. And sm_noblock 1 to a Map And Maps prefix config.

And I'm not sure about a noblock enable time.

Hope this helps.
I think it is much better if you unload the plugin if you don't need it.
And you can do this too via map configs.