[L4D] Survivor Upgrades

Post New Thread Reply   

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 06-23-2009 , 18:22   Re: Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrith View Post
You can already do laser sight only: Just set all the cvars listed in config except for surup_always_laser to 0.

I'll look into adding the ability to disable specific upgrades - it shouldn't be too difficult.
Thanks! Lasers are very fun ingame. Only one thing: When someone disables his laser, theres always this "#Upgrade Expired" thing in chat. Can that be turned off? I looked at the Source but didnt exactly find it
Jerrith
Old 06-23-2009 , 19:05   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #12

#L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_expire? Yes, I'll go ahead and filter that out for the next version.
n0limit
Old 06-23-2009 , 20:23   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #13

For those like me wondering which upgrades are available:
Quote:
"Kevlar Body Armor - (Reduce Damage)";
"This body armor helps you stay alive when attacked by infected.";

"Raincoat - (Ignore Boomer Vomit) [Single Use]";
"This raincoat stops boomer vomit from hitting you, however it is ruined in the process and only good for one use.";

"Climbing Chalk - (Self Ledge Save) [Single Use]";
"This chalk allows you to get a good enough grip to pull yourself up from a ledge without help, however there's only enough to do it once.";

"Second Wind - (Self Revive) [Single Use]";
"This allows you to attempt to stand up by yourself, once, after being incapacitated. Damage taken while getting up may cause the attempt to fail.";

"Goggles - (See through Boomer Vomit)";
"This allows you to still see clearly after being vomited on. Does not prevent infected from swarming!";

"Hot Meal - (Health Bonus) [Immediate Effect]";
"Don't you feel better after a good hot meal? Raises your health to 150.";

"Laser Sight - (Bright Red Beam)";
"The laser helps you aim more accurately at your targets.";

"Combat Sling - (Reduced Recoil)";
"This reduces the effects of recoil when firing your weapons.";

"Large Clip - (Increase ammo clip capacity)";
"This provides an increase in the number of shots you can take before having to reload.";

"Hollow Point Ammo - (Increased bullet damage)";
"This ammo allows you to deal more damage to the infected you shoot at. Common infected die in an explosion of blood.";

"Knife - (Escape Hunter or Smoker restraint) [Single Use]";
"This knife allows you to escape from a hunter or smoker that has trapped you, however it is ruined in the process.";

"Smelling Salts - (Fast Revive of other players)";
"These smelling salts allow you to revive another player faster than normal.";

"Ointment - (Increased Run Speed when injured)";
"This ointment increases your run speed while you are injured.";

"Reloader - (Fast Reload)";
"This reloader allows you to reload your weapons much faster than normal.";
Jerrith
Old 06-23-2009 , 21:53   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #14

Version 1.1 is now available from the first post in the thread. You can now disable specific upgrades (they won't be give out randomly), that laser expire message is gone, there are verbosity options (more / less text) and a potential fix for the bot problem. Enjoy!
Jerrith
Old 06-23-2009 , 22:29   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #15

Here's a picture of the survivors with laser sights.

Full size at http://jerrith.com/images/L4DSurUp.png
n0limit
Old 06-24-2009 , 02:32   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #16

Cool plugin man. We've had a lot of fun on the server, but here's some of the observations I gathered while player vanilla versus:

-Too many upgrades are given out (this is configurable)
-Certain upgrades make players RAGE. "Gayest plugin ever" was used more than once. Basically, any plugin that alters an infected attack people hated. Knife/Raincoat/Second Wind were big problem causers (also now configurable w/ 1.1 and/or cvar)
-More achievement-based upgrades would be great. Like, highest damage given to tank gets an upgrade.
-A round announcement about turning laser on/off might be cool. Almost everyone loves it, but there's always someone who complains.
-Explanations on how to use knife/second wind might help others (left click)
-People get 2x upgrades on double-team switches
-People get upgrades when dead
-Tank spawn upgrades seem to happen twice (tank_spawn event firing twice?)
-You may want to remove the config dependency, it causes problems if people want to persist a cvar change across rounds. Also, is there a reason vs_max_team_switches is 9999?
I really like it though. It makes survivor interesting again.

Last edited by n0limit; 06-24-2009 at 12:12.
Naow
Old 06-24-2009 , 11:48   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #17

Thanks to have integrated this feature in your plugin
Here is my feedback :
Quote:
Filtered out #L4D_Upgrade_laser_sight_expire text broadcast when turning off a laser.
Not fixed , am I the only one ?
Jerrith
Old 06-24-2009 , 13:01   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naow View Post
Thanks to have integrated this feature in your plugin
Not fixed , am I the only one ?
I'll check this tonight. The code looks right to me, and I thought I'd tested it, but perhaps I missed something.
Number Six
Old 06-24-2009 , 14:48   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0limit View Post
Cool plugin man. We've had a lot of fun on the server, but here's some of the observations I gathered while player vanilla versus:

-Too many upgrades are given out (this is configurable)
-Certain upgrades make players RAGE. "Gayest plugin ever" was used more than once. Basically, any plugin that alters an infected attack people hated. Knife/Raincoat/Second Wind were big problem causers (also now configurable w/ 1.1 and/or cvar)
-More achievement-based upgrades would be great. Like, highest damage given to tank gets an upgrade.
-A round announcement about turning laser on/off might be cool. Almost everyone loves it, but there's always someone who complains.
-Explanations on how to use knife/second wind might help others (left click)
-People get 2x upgrades on double-team switches
-People get upgrades when dead
-Tank spawn upgrades seem to happen twice (tank_spawn event firing twice?)
-You may want to remove the config dependency, it causes problems if people want to persist a cvar change across rounds. Also, is there a reason vs_max_team_switches is 9999?
I really like it though. It makes survivor interesting again.
On a simple versus server , i think this mod/plugin certainly ruined the game , BUT on a modded versus (increased hordes zombies , hunter attack leapfrog etc etc etc .....) this plugin extremly appréciate !
Last night playing with v1.0 all night , and all people return good sensation and feeling , but my hordes composed with 60 zombies faster and harder , 8 infecteds playing (evil smokers and hunters) with a badly santa boomer +super Tank .
And with 1 or 2 upgrades no change considerably the conditions , just a little help .

n0limit
Old 06-24-2009 , 21:05   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
On a simple versus server , i think this mod/plugin certainly ruined the game , BUT on a modded versus (increased hordes zombies , hunter attack leapfrog etc etc etc .....) this plugin extremly appréciate !
Last night playing with v1.0 all night , and all people return good sensation and feeling , but my hordes composed with 60 zombies faster and harder , 8 infecteds playing (evil smokers and hunters) with a badly santa boomer +super Tank .
And with 1 or 2 upgrades no change considerably the conditions , just a little help .
Oh yeah, I agree. Modded servers this really shines on, but I wanted to use it to brighten survivors up on an otherwise standard server.