Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved [L4D/L4D2] Is there a way to check what game modes a server has installed?

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 04-15-2018 , 07:37   [L4D/L4D2] Is there a way to check what game modes a server has installed?
Reply With Quote #1

I'd like to know if there's a function that can detect what game modes are available on a server? Something similar to how ReadMapList() works.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 05-15-2018 at 02:52. Reason: Marked as [Solved]
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 04-15-2018 , 15:19   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Is there a way to check what game modes a server has installed?
Reply With Quote #2

I'm not sure I fully understand. Game modes can be set from lobbies or from root access. Other servers could be running a versus/coop only server, (by preventing mp_gamemode overriding in a plugin or server.cfg).

In general, a game server can support all of the game modes, that's why you probably can't predict what "game modes" a server has installed.

You could however make a query on the sv_gametypes+mp_gamemode value, still that doesn't guarantee anything in my opinion.

Last edited by Visual77; 04-15-2018 at 15:21.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2018 , 02:49   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Is there a way to check what game modes a server has installed?
Reply With Quote #3

Solution:

PHP Code:
g_cvASSGameMode FindConVar("mp_gamemode");
g_cvASSGameType FindConVar("sv_gametypes");

char sModeName[64];
g_cvASSGameMode.GetString(sModeNamesizeof(sModeName)); // Gets the size of the "mp_gamemode" string
if (StrEqual(sModeName"coop"false)) // If the string equals "coop" mode
{

// Do stuff here
}
char sGameType[2049]; // Holds the amount of characters within a string (If for whatever reason a server owner wants to filter so many game modes through "sv_gametypes")
g_cvASSGameType.GetString(sGameTypesizeof(sGameType)); // Gets the size of the "sv_gametypes" string
char sTypes[64][32]; // First index = How many game modes buffer can hold, Second index = How many characters allowed for each game mode
ExplodeString(sGameType","sTypessizeof(sTypes), sizeof(sTypes[])); // Separate game modes and stores them inside individual arrays
for (int iMode 0iMode sizeof(sTypes); iMode++)
{
    if (
StrContains(sGameTypesTypes[iMode], false) != -&& sTypes[iMode][0] != '\0'// If one of the arrays contains a game mode and it's not an empty array

{

// Do stuff here

}

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 05-21-2018 at 13:09.