Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

DODGuard

Post New Thread Reply   

anthonyb
Old 03-29-2005 , 02:45   DODGuard
Reply With Quote #1

Competetive DOD is starting to require this now, but as far as I'm aware it only runs on AMX. Anyone know if we can use it on an amxmodx run server or if theres a conversion in the pipeline. For those of you who dont know, its a program which checks client files for custom stuff, scopes etc and kicks them if they dont remove it. Its also checks all client rates and kicks them if they dont meet ED rules (or whichever league you're in).

Anyone got any ideas?
NeoKiKi
Old 05-02-2005 , 09:50  
Reply With Quote #2

Hi,

Up

Same thing for me ...
Dodguard is a plugin for amx (just a zip with a .amx file)
I searched on the web if it was possible to decompile or to convert the .amx (into .sma or .amxx) but I didn't found anything

Help please

Thanks by advance, sorry for my english ;)
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 05-02-2005 , 11:45  
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
For those of you who dont know, its a program which checks client files for custom stuff, scopes etc and kicks them if they dont remove it. Its also checks all client rates and kicks them if they dont meet ED rules (or whichever league you're in).
ok.

Quote:
DoDGuard is at the moment a serversided anticheat, which blocks illegal cvars, checks dod related files, has a rate enforcer and which is able to take automated screenshots. The purpose of random screenshots is that you don't know when they will be taken, and therefore the chance that you get caught cheating is very high. A basic client of DoDGuard is being developed right now.
1) Blocking illegal cvars = alias blocked kickme. If you use the blocked cvar, it kicks you. Easy as hell.
2) Rate enforcer: sv_maxrate, sv_minrate
3) Random screenshots: Useless. It's possible for most cheats to detect when the screenshot command is used, and disable itself for the screenshot.
4) Checking the related files, scope, etc: inconsistent_file ( id,const filename[], reason[64] )

It would be possible to re-code it.. but I don't see a point. 1 can be accomplished with HLGuard, 2 is simple cvar changes, 3 is useless, 4 is a simple plugin, or there's already something that does it.

I'm going to guess that he won't give up the source so it can be converted to amxx.
Old 05-02-2005 , 13:14  
Reply With Quote #4

wait for the next core release (amx_mm.dll/so), then you will be able to use dodguard.amx plugin.