RuneTF gamemode

Post New Thread Reply   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 07-06-2013 , 13:09   Re: RuneTF gamemode
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatercrisp View Post
This looks promising gonna try this out on our test server. Ive been running war3source on tf2 for a long time our players have been wanting a new server with something different.

[05] <FAILED> file "runetf.ext.so": Extension version is too new to load (6, max is 5)
The extension was compiled against a newer version of SM than the one that you're running.

Side note: mod looks cool.

Last edited by psychonic; 07-06-2013 at 13:09.
tatercrisp
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-06-2013 , 14:37   Re: RuneTF gamemode
Reply With Quote #12

Happ has updated the op all is working fine now. Although there was a crash no error logs but i did catch this in console. I will disable that plugin for now and see.
http://pastebin.com/xmVf5Kp8

@DJ Where is this windows ext?
happs
Old 07-14-2013 , 12:11   Re: RuneTF gamemode
Reply With Quote #13

I've added spawn generators for the new stock map cp_standin_final.

@friagram Thanks for your input. I agree that one of the biggest hurdles for new players is my use of +use. I'll take a look at in_attack3. I didn't want to use a combination of in_attack, in_attack2 because I wanted a clear mechanism for activation for players that use both frequently.

I decided against dynamic/random spawn locations because I didn't want to couple the rune to the players' movement history. I want them to spawn away from common hot-zones because I think of them as like an optional objective with a high-risk/reward. If they spawned everywhere you were; then what becomes the difference between picking up a rune and typing !rtd? I'm not against adding such a thing, but it's not a priority of mine right now.

W.r.t the original quake runes; I more or less included toned down versions of those runes. I felt that doing a straight port of them would be too strong and lead to many lop-sided games. That being said; I plan to incorporate a weight to each rune so the more powerful runes will show up less frequently. I'll revisit adding more powerful versions of them when that is done.

Adding a rune is pretty straight forward.

Code:
OnPluginStart() { my_rune_id_unique = AddRune( "RuneName", PickupCallBackFunc, DropCallBackFunc, rune_id); }
public RunePluginStart() { }
public RunePluginStop() { }
The extension handles calling the pickup function when the player touches a rune, and the drop function when the player dies/leaves, etc.

The callback has the following signature; where runeid is the unique_id returned from AddRune, and ref is the number of players that have a rune from this plugin.

Code:
funcenum RuneTFPickup
{
   public(client),
   public(client,runeid),
   public(client,runeid,ref)
}
runeid is used to differentiate runes having a common callback for example see rune_recall.sp

ref should be used to setup and tear-down hooks that should only exist when needed; for example see rune_rage.sp.

A few guidelines that I followed when creating the runes included;
  • A player's skill-level should still matter. No God-mode runes.
  • Try to incorporate teammates when designing rune effects.
  • Anything that increases damage/survivability should have a negative to balance.
  • Don't create runes that are only usable by specific classes.

If anyone has a snippet that would make a good rune, I'd be happy to add/credit the author.

@Skyrider
Certain runes, like rune of blink, require the player to have a key bound to +use. The server must have the cvar tf_allow_player_use set to 1.

Runes are dropping on the floor because I rushed adding spawn points to most maps. I spent way more time making the !menu_rune user-friendly then I did actually using it.

If anyone takes the time to re-do any of my maps, or create one for a custom map; pm me, and I'll add it.

@tatercrisp
I don't know why it is crashing for you when you pickup the rune of repulsion. I haven't been able to replicate it on my end. I added more sanity checks that should help it from crashing hard.

@rowedahelicon @DJ
If someone can compile the extension on windows for me; I'll add it.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2013 , 10:08   Re: RuneTF gamemode
Reply With Quote #14

I fired this up yesterday and fooled around with some bots. Pretty cool concept. One thing I found was the runes are a little hard to see ..as I am getting old. Perhaps add a " glow " effect to them or something.

And on that note before someone posts don't forget to either whitelist this plugins " stuff " or pure 0.
Delfy
Old 09-22-2013 , 15:25   Re: RuneTF gamemode
Reply With Quote #15

Oh god, very very hard to put this on server.
Hard to understand for me, what to do with Generator...
At stock maps it can work without "Spawn Generator" settings?

Last edited by Delfy; 09-22-2013 at 15:26.
MineProLike
Old 09-09-2016 , 12:04   Plugins doesn't load
Reply With Quote #16

I can't run this plugin because console type that -

Code:
[SM] Unable to load plugin "rune_ammo.smx": Required ex
tension "runetf" file("runetf.ext") not running
I put all files from master winrar, but I don't know, why this isn't working.
Send a message via Skype™ to MineProLike
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2016 , 18:56   Re: RuneTF gamemode
Reply With Quote #17

I have a friend fixing this plugin. I will put it on here once he is done working on it.
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 09-15-2017 , 15:14   Re: RuneTF gamemode
Reply With Quote #18

did anyone get this working? the friend that was going to fix it never did ;(
happs
Old 09-24-2017 , 16:31   Re: RuneTF gamemode
Reply With Quote #19

@RavensBro

I managed to revive it:

Name:  rune_revival.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  54.2 KB

I'm going to make the installation easier. I'll post again after I have a turn-key Linux server setup.
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2017 , 16:42   Re: RuneTF gamemode
Reply With Quote #20

thanks