Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

daveyboye
Old 03-01-2013 , 11:26   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)
Reply With Quote #141

Alright, having an issue with this plugin since the latest Orangebox updates. Here is my server version:

Protocol version 24
Exe version 1.0.0.42 (hl2dm)
Exe build: 10:14:22 Feb 21 2013 (5220) (320)

Here is my S&K plugin info:

"Spawn & kill protection" (1.4.0) by Berni, Chanz, ph

The problem is that some people are remaining transparent even after spawn. They can move around, shoot, and be shot/killed...but remain transparent. Any help provided is appreciated!
Electric Warrior
Old 04-08-2013 , 06:57   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)
Reply With Quote #142

Hope you can help. On my HL2DM servers in the UK the plugin shows on screen in German all the time and not in English. The first time I ran it, the messages were in English, but ever since they only show in German. Is there anything I can do to change this please?

Last edited by Electric Warrior; 04-08-2013 at 06:58.
Send a message via ICQ to Electric Warrior Send a message via AIM to Electric Warrior Send a message via MSN to Electric Warrior Send a message via Yahoo to Electric Warrior Send a message via Skype™ to Electric Warrior
cREANy0
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-08-2013 , 07:05   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)
Reply With Quote #143

You can set the language in sm. Normally its english
Old 04-08-2013 , 13:08   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by cREANy0 View Post
You can set the language in sm. Normally its english
...and where would this be done please?

My server language is set at English, but this plugin still displays in German.

Last edited by Electric Warrior; 04-08-2013 at 13:20.
Send a message via ICQ to Electric Warrior Send a message via AIM to Electric Warrior Send a message via MSN to Electric Warrior Send a message via Yahoo to Electric Warrior Send a message via Skype™ to Electric Warrior
foo bar
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-04-2013 , 15:56   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)
Reply With Quote #145

Hello,

Great plugin, thank you!

I've made some changes (https://github.com/foobarhl/spawnand...lprotection.sp
  1. Fixed an issue where the Maximum spawn protection time, Disable time, and key press ignore time would be "0" if on hl2dm in non team mode.
  2. Added a cvar (sakp_disableweapondamage) to set damage to 0 for damage inflicted by a spawn protected player (to help avoid reverse spawn problems)
  3. Timer_DisableSpawnProtection was being passed a client but expected a userid in Timer_Checkwall. I changed both Timer_DisableSpawnProtection and Timer_EnableSpawnProtection to take a client variable
  4. Removed IN_SPEED from KILLPROTECTION_DISABLE_BUTTONS. A player pressing shift (such as shift-tab to bring up the steam overlay) shouldn't lose spawn protection. If they are running out of spawn IN_RUN should pick them up.
  5. Changed the plugin to set "m_CollisionGroup" of a protected player instead of using SDKHooks collide callback. I was finding when noblock was enabled, damage to the protected player would not be detected thus sakp_punishmode would not work
  6. Fixed an issue with the noblock cvar not being set correctly from the config file, and with HookConVarChange on the noblock cvar

Pull request sent.

Last edited by foo bar; 05-04-2013 at 18:18. Reason: broken url; new issue fixed.
daveyboye
Old 05-19-2013 , 23:59   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)
Reply With Quote #146

It appears this plugin is now broke either with the latest engine updates and/or latest 1.5 build of sourcemod. Actually stopped working after the 5/17 source engine update. (I've tested with disabling all plugins and one by one enabling and debugging). This along with advanced hl2 movements, and infinite sprint and breathing plugins. It appears any plugin that has to do with movement (only tested on my hl2dm server). I am running latest snapshot of metamod and latest stable snapshot of sourcemod. Any assistance is appreciated !!!
TUSK3N1337
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-17-2014 , 08:47   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)
Reply With Quote #147

Im using this in cs:go and its working but sometimes a player appears to have spawn protection permanent and sometimes gets slayed alot idk whats causing this!
Old 10-17-2014 , 17:35   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)
Reply With Quote #148

well this is good spawn protect if you dont use it with Bots ... at one time years ago it did .
In Hl2dm with HRC Bots the Bots will continue to attack you since they rely on seeing a health setting of 500 or more to ignore human players but Im sure this wont be addressed like most good plugins left out of the loop , no one seems to have the time...

updated ....

Well thank god for friends , one had time to fix it for me

Last edited by TheLaser; 10-18-2014 at 11:32. Reason: update info
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2015 , 00:12   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)
Reply With Quote #149

this plugin is way bugged by now

running sourcemod 1.6.3 on linux and here is my cfg

first, this maximum protection time = 7, if a player shots or moves it doesn't disable the spawn protection. if i put it 0 it stayed on forever and i had to mapchange. (this goes for player alpha aswell it stayed on forever even after spawn protection so that was also useless, and then some color fading on the screen (just why) and then all the ohter cvars mao
all i needed was like 5-10 seconds protection for all the players who has not been shoting / moving and then auto remove when a player moves / shots wich the plugin is supposed to do. please take a look at my cfg if i did anything wrong.

changing disable time to 0 to see if that helps.

Spoiler

Last edited by Robin955; 06-14-2015 at 00:15.
Hefal
Old 09-15-2015 , 14:26   Re: Spawn & Kill Protection v1.4.0 (updated 09.12.2012)
Reply With Quote #150

Heya,

plugin works well for TF2 but for some reason it enables team collision? I can disable it entirely but thats not what im after since im running bumper cars. I still like to be able to collide with the enemy team. Any suggestions on why this happens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo bar View Post
[*]Changed the plugin to set "m_CollisionGroup" of a protected player instead of using SDKHooks collide callback. I was finding when noblock was enabled, damage to the protected player would not be detected thus sakp_punishmode would not work
Did this perhaps have anything to do with my problem above?
I could not compile it however