[CS:GO] NEED help with sv_tags

Post New Thread Reply   

wakedb
Old 04-23-2020 , 09:15   Re: [CS:GO] NEED help with sv_tags
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
if you run server as casual mode: game_type 0; game_mode 0
cs:go use Valve's game mode settings: gamemode_casual.cfg
If you want make changes to Valve's settings, you use override file, which is: gamemode_casual_server.cfg
Well, that's exactly what I did. I'm not sure what you're trying to explain to me.
I'm running a CS:GO server with game_type 0 and game_mode 0, so it casual. I put that extension _hns to my gamemode_casual_ so I know that's the one I need when I want to change anything in there.
Quote:
In CSGO, to override Valve's game mode setting, you use override config files.
For example ...cfg/gamemode_casual_server.cfg
I do change settings in gamemode_casual_myserver.cfg instead of gamemode_casual.cfg cause I know it overrides it.
As I said - hns comes from Hide N Seek. That's the name of the main plugin on my server. My server has to run a gamemode which is casual. I never change anything that can be found gamemode_server.txt.
Old 04-24-2020 , 00:48   Re: [CS:GO] NEED help with sv_tags
Reply With Quote #12

I'm wondering if the problem is the formatting of your tags.

Try removing or changing the tags that have spaces in them such as: non steam, steam on, no lag, no ping, !quake sounds, hide n seek, new maps

Either remove them or change the spaces to an underscore. In fact, you can remove ALL spaces if you want.

Example: sv_tags "tag1,tag2,tag3"

Link to Valve info on sv_tags: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Sv_tags
wolvez04
Old 04-24-2020 , 03:48   Re: [CS:GO] NEED help with sv_tags
Reply With Quote #13

Also for your information, I am pretty sure the max amount of tags is 20, and using anymore will just use 20 which could lose your more important ones.

wakedb
Old 04-26-2020 , 11:14   Re: [CS:GO] NEED help with sv_tags
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvez04 View Post
Also for your information, I am pretty sure the max amount of tags is 20, and using anymore will just use 20 which could lose your more important ones.
I'll keep that in mind as well. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
I'm wondering if the problem is the formatting of your tags.

Try removing or changing the tags that have spaces in them such as: non steam, steam on, no lag, no ping, !quake sounds, hide n seek, new maps

Either remove them or change the spaces to an underscore. In fact, you can remove ALL spaces if you want.

Example: sv_tags "tag1,tag2,tag3"

Link to Valve info on sv_tags: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Sv_tags
Hi! I've done it and still after restart the tags poof, vanished! Srry for the late reply.

EDIT: I added, deleted, changed, and so on with the tags. I believe somehow I've sorted it out.
Quote:
Conclusion:
Yes, you're right with this one. Whatever tag comes after the 20th it's kinda useless because the server won't show up in search if you type one of those tags. I've tried it.

I believe there are some particular tags that will make your server not to show up in the search anymore. Doesn't matter if you put 20 or more tags. I've tried it as well. I just didn't have the patience to find which ones are.

For others who find themselves in the same situation as this one, just choose your tags wisely because there is no point in putting too many in there.

Thanks for your help guys!

Last edited by wakedb; 04-29-2020 at 09:54.