Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-31-2011 , 19:29   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.5 (Updated 5/29/2011)
Reply With Quote #1201

Once the admin menu module is completed, I think the next feature I'm going to work on is admin flag requirements for several features. This was requested by a few people and I think it's a nifty thing to have control over.

Right now, I'm planning on having admin flags control access to the following:
  • Ability to nominate
  • Ability to participate in a vote (for each module that supports voting)
  • Ability to enter RTV
  • Ability to see certain vote warnings.

If you guys have any other requests or would like to see this implemented a certain way, please sound off.
Old 05-31-2011 , 20:39   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.5 (Updated 5/29/2011)
Reply With Quote #1202

Actually ,
Its the Best and we love this plugin .. I have only one problem or request and its not your fault...

I got rig of Mani Mod and replacing all the things I used with SM plugs ..
I use Adverts .... now if the advert ends up when the esc tab for voting shows up ya cant vote and it over writes the esc .. now if you can either detect the Advert message at the upper left hand corner and block it or make an Advert plugin with all the features "color text , ability of center or say area just like the Mani Mod did or the one im using now in SM it would rock
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2011 , 21:08   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.5 (Updated 5/29/2011)
Reply With Quote #1203

Those changes on the admin menu sound fine. I will test the beta soon and let you know. btw last night i noticed something i used the admin menu to change the map and chose the option to change it at the end of the round but instead of doing that it changed the map instantly.
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-31-2011 , 22:37   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.5 (Updated 5/29/2011)
Reply With Quote #1204

Attached is the beta UMC Admin Menu module. If you want to test this, please delete the old umc-adminmenu.cfg (if it exists) from your cfg/sourcemod directory.

Right now I've done enough testing to ensure the module is at least usable. There will probably be bugs, please report any you find.

The only thing which I know for a fact isn't working correctly is the Manual Population of votes. It kind of works but unfortunately it is not perfect yet.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (umc-adminmenu.sp - 163 views - 58.1 KB)
File Type: smx umc-adminmenu.smx (23.0 KB, 161 views)
Old 05-31-2011 , 22:41   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.5 (Updated 5/29/2011)
Reply With Quote #1205

btw is the mapcycle.cfg update next in line after the admin menu is working?

I am still excited over how quickly updates and bugs fixes are being pushed out, keep up the good work!
Old 05-31-2011 , 23:13   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.5 (Updated 5/29/2011)
Reply With Quote #1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
btw is the mapcycle.cfg update next in line after the admin menu is working?
See post #1205.

Also, I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to, but if it's the Simple Lists feature (use maplists.cfg in addons/sourcemod/configs to get an appropriate standard maplist), then I have to say that it's fairly low on my priority list.

The reason for this is because it's merely a convenience feature that requires a LOT of extra coding on my end (for minimal benefit), as well as there not really being a clean way to implement it without having duplicate modules of everything that currently uses the "complicated" mapcycle.

To be quite honest, there is a very simple way to to turn a standard maplist into one that works with UMC. I may write a little tool that does just that, since it's a lot less effort.

In fact, here's a simple script I just wrote in Python in 2mins:
Code:
import sys
print("\"umc_mapcycle\"\n{\n\t\"ARBITRARY\"\n\t{\n\t\t\"maps_invote\" \"ENTER A VALUE\"\n\n" + "\n".join(("\t\t\"" + line + '"' + " {}" for line in map(str.strip, sys.stdin.readlines()) if len(line) > 0 and not line.startswith('//'))) + "\n\t}\n}")
Which you can use like so from any command line on a system with python installed (where "umc-script.py" is a file with the code above as its contents and "mapcycle.txt" is your mapcycle with 1 map per line and "umc_mapcycle.txt" is the output):
Code:
python umc-script.py < mapcycle.txt > umc_mapcycle.txt

On an unrelated note, you have no idea how much I would kill to see the ability to script for SM in Python.

Last edited by Steell; 05-31-2011 at 23:31.
petro_f
Old 06-01-2011 , 04:35   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.5 (Updated 5/29/2011)
Reply With Quote #1207

Dear Styeell, and Do you plan to translate the admin menu? Or does it have to do yourself?

P.S. Today put and test your new module. The previous version I have does not work (not work out the vote) and by the way please add the option of voting for calling card - the same parameters "sm_umc_mapvote <0 | 1 | 2>"

Уважаемый Styeell, а планируешь ли ты сделать перевод админского меню? Или же это придётся делать самому?

P.S. Сегодня поставлю и протестирую твой новый модуль. Предыдущая версия у меня не заработала (не вышло голосование) и кстати прошу добавить выбор вызова голосования за карту - аналогично параметрам "sm_umc_mapvote <0|1|2>"
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-01-2011 , 11:11   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.5 (Updated 5/29/2011)
Reply With Quote #1208

Translations will be coming to the final version of the admin menu.
Old 06-01-2011 , 17:42   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.5 (Updated 5/29/2011)
Reply With Quote #1209

Thanks Steel for your guidance on upgrading

btw, if I set next map using the mapchooser admin menu, will it take manually set maps into account for the 'previous maps to ignore from votes' ? I had the problem before where I manually set the next map to de_nightfever (for example) and then de_nightfever appeared in the end of map vote at the end of nightfever....
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-01-2011 , 18:56   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.5 (Updated 5/29/2011)
Reply With Quote #1210

If you use the admin menu, then yes it will be taken into account. If you use "sm_setnextmap" (or "!setnextmap" in chat) then it will not be taken into account.