Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmeat View Post
why do you need the beam ?
Don't get what you mean X_X

dutchmeat
Old 01-26-2007 , 09:08   Re: Beam Help.
Reply With Quote #22

what are you going to do with the beam ? why do you want it ?
Old 01-26-2007 , 09:12   Re: Beam Help.
Reply With Quote #23

I'm going to add on to the code, fine the orignal creator ask him if I can, then edit it so it flashes different colors, is bigger produces sounds, and make it hurt people, and it lasts till you say /off and ill make it so you need to say /on to put it on. And it can act like a tracer. It would make a good plugin. =)

Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2007 , 13:26   Re: Beam Help.
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackops7799 View Post
It really doesn't matter what it's called. I could call it DERKADERKA and it would still work...
It's funny, because of a couple of things.

1) If this version was just made why is it "1.1"?
2) He asked you to make a beam, nothing else really. I'm almost certain that you just took this code out of some random plugin you searched for. Unless you really did make it yourself.

edit
Quote:
EDIT Code removed

I know its not my code, he just wanted something that works.
So you critize him for not being able to make it work, then you go and steal someone elses code, put your name on it and claim you made it? Wow, just go away. You FAIL.

Last edited by Zenith77; 01-26-2007 at 13:32.
blackops7799
Old 01-26-2007 , 16:49   Re: Beam Help.
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
Blackops, Eiyh man; Why you take karma from me while asking this question...

EDIT: On top of that calling me a n00b, I'd like to see you make a Beam Plugin go for it, you got 1 day. Starting NOW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith77 View Post
So you critize him for not being able to make it work, then you go and steal someone elses code, put your name on it and claim you made it? Wow, just go away. You FAIL.

1. Next time Dutchie, check who took away your karma, and what made you think i called you a "n00b"?

2. I never criticized him for not being able to make the code.

3. Is this better..

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> new beamsprite new beamto[33][3] new Float:beamtotaldis[33] new beamon[33] public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Beam Me", "1.1" , "GHW_Chronic")     register_clcmd("say /beamme","beam") } public plugin_precache() {     beamsprite = precache_model("sprites/dot.spr") } public beam(id) {     //stops the function     if(beamon[id] == 1)     {         return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }     else     {     // used this code from GHW_Chronics (Grab + Hook + Rope)         static origin1[3]         get_user_origin(id,origin1)             static Float:origin1_F[3]         origin1_F[0] = float(origin1[0])         origin1_F[1] = float(origin1[1])         origin1_F[2] = float(origin1[2])         static origin2[3]         get_user_origin(id,origin2,3)         beamto[id][0]=origin2[0]         beamto[id][1]=origin2[1]         beamto[id][2]=origin2[2]         static Float:origin2_F[3]         origin2_F[0] = float(origin2[0])         origin2_F[1] = float(origin2[1])         origin2_F[2] = float(origin2[2])         static Float:distance[3]         distance[0] = floatabs(origin1_F[0] - origin2_F[0])         distance[1] = floatabs(origin1_F[1] - origin2_F[1])         distance[2] = floatabs(origin1_F[2] - origin2_F[2])         beamtotaldis[id] = floatsqroot(distance[0]*distance[0] + distance[1]*distance[1] + distance[2]*distance[2])     //dutchmeat supplied the message         message_begin(MSG_BROADCAST,SVC_TEMPENTITY)         write_byte(1)         write_short(id)         write_coord(beamto[id][0])         write_coord(beamto[id][1])         write_coord(beamto[id][2])         write_short(beamsprite)         write_byte(1)         write_byte(1)         write_byte(01)         write_byte(5)         write_byte(0)         write_byte(255)    // red         write_byte(0)      // green         write_byte(0)      // blue         write_byte(1000)   // brightness         write_byte(0)         message_end()     //I made this part..         set_task(0.01,"testbeam",id)    // used so it will update where you are aiming.         set_task(5.0,"stopbeam",id) // used to stop the beam (requested)         set_task(5.1,"resetbeam",id)    // make it so you can do it again...         return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }     return PLUGIN_HANDLED } // I also made this stuff public stopbeam(id) {     beamon[id] = 1     return PLUGIN_HANDLED } public resetbeam(id) {     beamon[id] = 0     return PLUGIN_HANDLED }

Now, Is everyone happy?

If not go ahead and ban me, i just don't care anymore.
dutchmeat
Old 01-26-2007 , 17:32   Re: Beam Help.
Reply With Quote #26

you should all stop acting like assholes...
This forum is about scripting HELP, not whining help...

Code:
new beamsprite public plugin_init() {  register_plugin("beamexample", "1.0" , "dutchmeat")  register_clcmd("test","beam") } public plugin_precache() {  beamsprite = precache_model("sprites/dot.spr") } public beam(id) {  new endloc[3]  //No, it's not static  get_user_origin(id,endloc) //Save the players(id) origin in the array 'endloc'.  startlock[0] = endloc[0] //forward/backward  startlock[1] = endloc[1] //sideway  startlock[2] = endloc[1] + 100 //begin the beam 100 units UPWARDS  message_begin( MSG_BROADCAST, SVC_TEMPENTITY)  write_byte(0) // TE_BEAMPOINTS  write_coord(startloc[0]) //x  start location  write_coord(startloc[1]) //y  write_coord(startloc[2]) //z  write_coord(endloc[0]) //x end location  write_coord(endloc[1]) //y  write_coord(endloc[2]) //z  write_short(beamsprite) // spritename  write_byte(0) // start frame  write_byte(1) // framerate  write_byte(50) // life in 0.1s (50 = 5 seconds)  write_byte(5) // line width  write_byte(10) // amplitude  write_byte(255) //red  write_byte(255) //blue  write_byte(255) //green  write_byte(255) // brightness (255 = full brightness)  write_byte(10) // speed  message_end () }