Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions

Post New Thread Reply   

OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2017 , 10:22   Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions
Reply With Quote #1

I suggest adding a "ReHLDS" tag in the AMXX plugin sections the same way there is a "Solved" tag in the help sections.

PS: I know there are game and type categories, but I'm pretty sure nobody will notice it there.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 04-30-2017 at 10:24.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-30-2017 , 10:31   Re: Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions
Reply With Quote #2

You should not make plugins only for regamedll/rehlds in the first place. IMO, a plugin has to also support the default hlds.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 04-30-2017 at 10:32.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2017 , 10:33   Re: Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Since ReHLDS is officially supported now, I don't think sharing ReHLDS plugins should be a problem.
Or make a separate section for ReHLDS. Sharing a plugin won't hurt anyone.
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-30-2017 , 10:39   Re: Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions
Reply With Quote #4

People should not be forced to switch to rehlds to use a plugin. As I said, it's fine to release rehlds plugins, but I think they should also work in the valve's hlds. I talked some time ago about that with Bailopan.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 04-30-2017 at 10:46.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2017 , 13:20   Re: Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions
Reply With Quote #5

Nobody's forcing them. If they are already using rehlds, they can use the plugin, if they aren't, I doubt they will switch to it just to use one plugin. If they really need to use rehlds, they will do it anyways. Actually, you are trying to force me to use orpheu, when I chose to write the plugin with reapi. There's no point in supporting rehlds if it's not allowed to post plugins that can be used only with rehlds.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 04-30-2017 at 13:21.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
PartialCloning
Old 04-30-2017 , 15:13   Re: Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions
Reply With Quote #6

The main point in adding reHLDS support.

Quote:
Last, probably the most important and decisive point which has motivated me to do something. Someone created a fork of AMXX (based on old dev), named ReAmxModx by adding Re* support and supposedly adding improvements and fixes, but it's closed source. Quite absurd, isn't?
I tried to talk as maintainer to the author to see if we could work together and he refused. For some reasons he doesn't want to share the source code, even the bug found. This makes no sense, AMXX being a public and open-source project, and the end this is to help the community.
This can't be helped to find such behavior quite suspicious (cf the latest news, right), even though it's probably not the case here, but still, we have no way to verify what's happening inside.
This is even more worrying because of admins being redirecting to this fork (which doesn't seem to be updated often too) due to the lack of support in the original version. Just this point would be an enough reason to provide a support for Re* API to avoid people being stuck to use some shady fo
However I agree, reAPI plugins should be allowed. reHLDS and reGameDLL are as easy as replacing two files. In fact it's easier to add rehlds, regamedll and reapi to a server than to attempt to get signatures for orpheu.

1.8.3 should include either Orpheu or a fixed Okapi if supporting the HLDS becomes a requirement.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2017 , 09:37   Re: Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions
Reply With Quote #7

If you want to publish plugins that are not for the official HLDS (the only version that is officially supported by the community for the same reason that non-Steam is not supported) then you should post them on a website that is dedicated to non-official HLDS software.

Until Bailopan agrees to officially support questionably legal alternatives, it should not be posted here.

IMO
Old 05-03-2017 , 10:12   Re: Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
If you want to publish plugins that are not for the official HLDS (the only version that is officially supported by the community for the same reason that non-Steam is not supported) then you should post them on a website that is dedicated to non-official HLDS software.

Until Bailopan agrees to officially support questionably legal alternatives, it should not be posted here.

IMO
...isn't HLDS/SRCDS/SDK... etc. a FREE software? Then why you're talking about "questionably legal alternatives"?
Old 05-03-2017 , 15:32   Re: Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions
Reply With Quote #9

fysiks, official HLDS is not supported for many years and contain many unfixed bugs, including security problems.
Using your logic we can also say that Orpheu and Okapi are illegal.
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-03-2017 , 15:53   Re: Adding a "ReHLDS" tag in plugin submissions
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrO View Post
...isn't HLDS/SRCDS/SDK... etc. a FREE software? Then why you're talking about "questionably legal alternatives"?
No, they aren't free software. What you are thinking of is freeware.

Last edited by klippy; 05-03-2017 at 15:55.