Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D Game crash on local server

Post New Thread Reply   

Negan56
Old 11-16-2023 , 09:44   L4D Game crash on local server
Reply With Quote #1

When I install clean sourcemod and metamod and i just add flashlight plugin. Then I start local server i play maybe 5 minuts and game just crash (close) no error, no nothing. When I run just with sourcemod and metamod without plugins game does not crash ...
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-17-2023 , 06:46   Re: L4D Game crash on local server
Reply With Quote #2

lack of information to get help, would be nice sharing the plugin list, map that crashed, and if you are using any extension lile stripper

Last edited by Marttt; 11-17-2023 at 06:47.
Negan56
Old 11-18-2023 , 04:14   Re: L4D Game crash on local server
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
lack of information to get help, would be nice sharing the plugin list, map that crashed, and if you are using any extension lile stripper
When I put flashlight plugin game crash, first map no mercy. I have tried sourcemod 1.9 and 1.10 same. This never happened to me its look like something is changed and plugins dont even work on singlplayer and local server
Negan56
Old 11-18-2023 , 04:18   Re: L4D Game crash on local server
Reply With Quote #4

And if I take it and put another one game dont crash, but when i enter safe room and wait for new round game crash in loading
Uncle Jessie
Old 11-18-2023 , 04:18   Re: L4D Game crash on local server
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negan56 View Post
When I put flashlight plugin game crash, first map no mercy. I have tried sourcemod 1.9 and 1.10 same. This never happened to me its look like something is changed and plugins dont even work on singlplayer and local server
Then why are you using a local server
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2023 , 06:31   Re: L4D Game crash on local server
Reply With Quote #6

sourcemod 1.10 is kinda old, install 1.11 at least
Old 11-18-2023 , 21:13   Re: L4D Game crash on local server
Reply With Quote #7

Local servers were never officially fully supported by SourceMod anyway. There are known issues of things that do not work on local servers. Due to this stance SourceMod has taken I also do not fully support listen servers. If someone else wants to figure out what's wrong, correct the issue and notify of the changes then I'll fix the issue, but I'm not going to setup a listen server with sourcemod just to try and debug the issue, if it even would happen (different OS etc cause different results most often in these cases). I'm sure there are plenty other listen servers running the plugin without issue, considering how many servers have the plugin, or just none of them have reported the issue, which goes lengths to show how the community is. I say that because there have seen various known bugs go unreported for years, which are surely affecting more than just the person reporting it.