Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.

Post New Thread Reply   

step
Old 10-16-2010 , 21:51   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #21

I'm just trying to get the client cvarlist including hidden ones. Wow, I'm so cheater.
You guys are ridiculous. Seriously. So, I'm using -insecure in my client, and sourcemod is supposed to work with that. But you accuse me of being a cheater because I'm trying to this by the rules? Typical noob attitude. "Oh, he's doing something I never tried. He must be a cheater"
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 10-16-2010 , 23:05   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by step View Post
I'm just trying to get the client cvarlist including hidden ones. Wow, I'm so cheater.
You guys are ridiculous. Seriously. So, I'm using -insecure in my client, and sourcemod is supposed to work with that. But you accuse me of being a cheater because I'm trying to this by the rules? Typical noob attitude. "Oh, he's doing something I never tried. He must be a cheater"
hmm... you make a good point. Afronanny and Asherkin are total noobs. What action would you recommend be taken? ban maybe?
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 10-16-2010 , 23:10   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #23

I don't think there are any hidden clientside cvars.

Last edited by Dragonshadow; 10-16-2010 at 23:23.
step
Old 10-17-2010 , 00:17   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
hmm... you make a good point. Afronanny and Asherkin are total noobs. What action would you recommend be taken? ban maybe?
No, that's not my point. My point is what is written before that. Did you read it? And I only commented on their attitude.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-17-2010 , 04:29   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Typical noob attitude. "Oh, he's doing something I never tried. He must be a cheater"
I never accused you of cheating.

Quote:
I'm just trying to get the client cvarlist including hidden ones.
And hey, look, I made you a plugin that will print all hidden the cvars and commands.

Instructions:
  1. Save the attached DLL into ...\Steam\steamapps\<account>\<game>\<mod>\
  2. Launch game with the -insecure option
  3. Type "plugin_load clist" in the console
  4. Use the command "derp" to list all hidden the commands and cvars.

Legend:
  • FCVAR_DEVELOPMENTONLY Commands. - No error, but can't seem to get a response, assuming not working.
  • FCVAR_DEVELOPMENTONLY Cvars. - Can NOT be changed
  • FCVAR_HIDDEN Commands - Can be called
  • FCVAR_HIDDEN Cvars - Can be changed

Format:
Cvars: <name> - "<help>" = "<value>"
Commands: <name> - "<help>"

<help> doesn't exist for everything, in that case it will just show as "".

Have fun.

EDIT:
Just noticed the list is way too long and scrolls off the top of the console, so I've updated the attached plugin with a derp_hidden command.

EDIT 2:
OK, the concommand system is totally fucked, yet another rewrite. Only hidden stuff listed at all now.
Attached Files
File Type: dll clist.dll (123.5 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by asherkin; 10-17-2010 at 05:19.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 10-17-2010 , 08:36   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #26

I can host a listen server in L4D with the latest snapshots (MM/SM). However, not in L4D2.
Old 10-17-2010 , 15:23   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I never accused you of cheating.

And hey, look, I made you a plugin that will print all hidden the cvars and commands.

Instructions:
  1. Save the attached DLL into ...\Steam\steamapps\<account>\<game>\<mod>\
  2. Launch game with the -insecure option
  3. Type "plugin_load clist" in the console
  4. Use the command "derp" to list all hidden the commands and cvars.

Legend:
  • FCVAR_DEVELOPMENTONLY Commands. - No error, but can't seem to get a response, assuming not working.
  • FCVAR_DEVELOPMENTONLY Cvars. - Can NOT be changed
  • FCVAR_HIDDEN Commands - Can be called
  • FCVAR_HIDDEN Cvars - Can be changed

Format:
Cvars: <name> - "<help>" = "<value>"
Commands: <name> - "<help>"

<help> doesn't exist for everything, in that case it will just show as "".

Have fun.

EDIT:
Just noticed the list is way too long and scrolls off the top of the console, so I've updated the attached plugin with a derp_hidden command.

EDIT 2:
OK, the concommand system is totally fucked, yet another rewrite. Only hidden stuff listed at all now.
Thanks, but I have already made a sm plugin to get the cvars.

Anyway, it's obvious that it's possible to load addons in CS:S with -insecure, so I assume Metamod not working is something intentional?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I can host a listen server in L4D with the latest snapshots (MM/SM). However, not in L4D2.
It works fine on my L4D2. This only affects Orange Box engine games, but L4D2 will probably be affected too in the future.

Last edited by step; 10-17-2010 at 15:29.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-17-2010 , 15:31   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Thanks, but I have already made a sm plugin to get the cvars.
The reason I made it is due to MM:S / SM not working....
i.e. it solves your problems.

I highly doubt getting SM working on listen servers again is anything over very low priority, so I'll only get done if you do the work and submit patches.

Also, no, it isn't intentional.
Old 10-17-2010 , 15:49   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
The reason I made it is due to MM:S / SM not working....
i.e. it solves your problems.

I highly doubt getting SM working on listen servers again is anything over very low priority, so I'll only get done if you do the work and submit patches.

Also, no, it isn't intentional.
Yes, I understood why you made it, and I appreciate it. Also, could you share the source?

I suspected that, but wanted a confirmation, because it could be simply broken for all addons.
It's good to finally get a answer after 18 posts. Thanks
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-17-2010 , 15:57   Re: Metamod:Source / SourceMod stopped working after last update for listen servers.
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Also, could you share the source?
No, sorry. My client plugin framework includes a lot of work put into it.
This alone should be fine in a regular server plugin project though, just make sure to connect Tier1 and maybe Tier2, whichever has the g_pCVar extern.

I'll give you the code for the list command though:
PHP Code:
/**
 * This software is in the public domain, furnished "as is", without technical
 * support, and with no warranty, express or implied, as to its usefulness for
 * any purpose.
 */
CON_COMMAND(derp"") {

ConCommandBase *pNextCommand g_pCVar->GetCommands();
    do {
        if (
pNextCommand->IsCommand()) {
            if (
pNextCommand->IsFlagSet(FCVAR_HIDDEN))

g_pCVar->ConsoleColorPrintf(Color(2553232255), "%s - \"%s\"\n"pNextCommand->GetName(), pNextCommand->GetHelpText());
            if (
pNextCommand->IsFlagSet(FCVAR_DEVELOPMENTONLY))

g_pCVar->ConsoleColorPrintf(Color(25525532255), "%s - \"%s\"\n"pNextCommand->GetName(), pNextCommand->GetHelpText());
        } else {
            if (
pNextCommand->IsFlagSet(FCVAR_HIDDEN))

g_pCVar->ConsoleColorPrintf(Color(3232255255), "%s - \"%s\" = \"%s\"\n"pNextCommand->GetName(), pNextCommand->GetHelpText(), ((ConVar *)pNextCommand)->GetString());
            if (
pNextCommand->IsFlagSet(FCVAR_DEVELOPMENTONLY))

g_pCVar->ConsoleColorPrintf(Color(3225532255), "%s - \"%s\" = \"%s\"\n"pNextCommand->GetName(), pNextCommand->GetHelpText(), ((ConVar *)pNextCommand)->GetString());
        }
    } while ((
pNextCommand pNextCommand->GetNext()) != NULL);

Last edited by asherkin; 10-17-2010 at 15:59.