What This Does:
- The latest "Helms Deep" map updates added various (mostly blank) SourceMod and Valve configuration files, overwriting their functionality.
- Malicious scripting attempts from a megalomaniac (SeriouS_Samurai) who wants to remove SourceMod and MetaMod from running with his map.
- Thanks to Valve the .cfg files do not work (obviously he didn't know): "February 21, 2017: Configuration files are no longer loaded from addon vpks. These configuration values were sometimes used for malicious purposes".
- This plugin fixes various files he's attempted to overwrite, restoring BaseBans plugin and other things. I've included the .cfg files anyway just in case.
- Each time the server is started it will generate and create new VPKs allowing for any changes to your configs. The maximum size for each file added is 32 KB, to increase change MAX_FILE_SIZE and recompile.
- I chose this method to learn VPK creation via SourceMod. It also prevents modifying the maps VPK and any legal infringements. Couldn't detour functions to block overwriting files.
- Recommend Plugin: VScript File Replacer to fix more stuff with Helms Deep.
- Modifies AddonList.txt to load the VPKs. This is required otherwise only some of the restored files are loaded.
- Creates two identical VPK addons (sm_helms_patch1.vpk and sm_helms_patch2.vpk) with the following files.
- Requires "z" - ADMFLAG_ROOT flag
sm_vpk // Unloads all VPK addons, creates the Helms Deep Patch VPKs and reloads VPK addons.
sm_vpkb // Prints the valve file system and local file system versions of sourcemod/configs/banreasons.txt.
sm_vpks // Shows the VPK addon load order. Shorter wrapper command to show_addon_load_order.
// Helms Deep Patch plugin version.
- Added "cfg/banned_user.cfg" to list of fixes.
- Converted source to use MethodMaps.
- Added "host.txt" and "motd.txt" to list of fixes. Thanks to "Xanaguy" for reporting.
- Initial release.
- This plugin is only required if your server has "Helms Deep" map installed.
- Click "Get Plugin" and put the .smx file into your servers \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
- Refresh your plugins to generate the VPKs and restart the server to load the patch. Or restart your server twice.
- Delete the plugin from your servers \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
- Delete sm_helms_patch1.vpk and sm_helms_patch2.vpk from your servers \addons\ folder.
- Restart the server.