Raised This Month: $99 Target: $400
 24% 

[CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ejziponken
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Apr 2008
Old 07-09-2019 , 03:31   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)
Reply With Quote #2481

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8guawong View Post
then i'm going to ask here again why is it better than using execute configs?
Well I responded in the other thread. I can say again.

Execute configs runs comands based on "timeleft". This one runs every X seconds.
So if you have a server running like a 1-5 hours per map, using Execute configs you would have to map out all that time in the config and even more lines of config if your server dont switch maps at all..
With this new one, you dont have to do all that.

Also this new one dont require .cfg files. You can just add the commands directly in the plugin.

Last edited by Ejziponken; 07-09-2019 at 03:33.
Ejziponken is online now
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BlackMarke7
Old 07-10-2019 , 02:11   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)
Reply With Quote #2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejziponken View Post
Well I responded in the other thread. I can say again.

Execute configs runs comands based on "timeleft". This one runs every X seconds.
So if you have a server running like a 1-5 hours per map, using Execute configs you would have to map out all that time in the config and even more lines of config if your server dont switch maps at all..
With this new one, you dont have to do all that.

Also this new one dont require .cfg files. You can just add the commands directly in the plugin.
thx for the explanation!
__________________
8guawong is offline
cyborgz
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2019
Old 08-14-2019 , 18:24   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)
Reply With Quote #2483

how do I increase the spawn distance? I already set:
"dm_spawn_median_distance_ratio" "0.80"
"dm_spawn_min_team_distance_ratio" "0.80"

but people are spawning next to each other? Also what do these values mean is 0.80 low or high or what? I changed these cvars on both deathmatch.ini and deathmatch_simple.ini

also do I need dhooks for these values to be changed?
cyborgz is offline
h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Nov 2013
Old 08-15-2019 , 04:18   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)
Reply With Quote #2484

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgz View Post
how do I increase the spawn distance? I already set:
"dm_spawn_median_distance_ratio" "0.80"
"dm_spawn_min_team_distance_ratio" "0.80"

but people are spawning next to each other? Also what do these values mean is 0.80 low or high or what? I changed these cvars on both deathmatch.ini and deathmatch_simple.ini
Yes its very high, it means that the plugin will try to spawn players at 80% of the map size from each other, which is impossible in most cases.
Also, you can reduce min distance between teamates a lot "dm_spawn_min_team_distance_ratio".

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgz View Post
also do I need dhooks for these values to be changed?
Yes, and correct offsets.
h3bus is offline
cyborgz
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2019
Old 08-15-2019 , 07:39   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)
Reply With Quote #2485

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3bus View Post
Also, you can reduce min distance between teamates a lot "dm_spawn_min_team_distance_ratio".
But in ffa every1 is an enemy so how does this apply? Do ts spawn next to cts only ? or does it apply to every1 in the ffa ? it confused me from the begining .-.


Quote:
Originally Posted by h3bus View Post
Yes, and correct offsets.
my english isnt perfect so can you tell me what you mean by correct offsets?

Last edited by cyborgz; 08-15-2019 at 07:40.
cyborgz is offline
h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Nov 2013
Old 08-15-2019 , 11:43   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)
Reply With Quote #2486

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgz View Post
But in ffa every1 is an enemy so how does this apply? Do ts spawn next to cts only ? or does it apply to every1 in the ffa ? it confused me from the begining .-.
Indeed, it does not matter in FFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgz View Post
my english isnt perfect so can you tell me what you mean by correct offsets?
Offset may change with CS:GO updates. They are located in gamedata/deathmatch.games.txt
I think someone shared updated offsets a while ago, but as I no longer have any servers, I can't confirm them.
h3bus is offline
UntitledMcC
Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Old 08-15-2019 , 15:42   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)
Reply With Quote #2487

Brain fart here.. how does one change the weapon name found in the gun menu?
UntitledMcC is offline
h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Nov 2013
Old 08-15-2019 , 17:33   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)
Reply With Quote #2488

Change the display name by adding this in deathmatch.ini, section Configs->Options Default:
Code:
            "DefineWeapon"
            {
                "ClassName" "weapon_ak47"
                "DisplayName" "Whatever you want"
            }
You'll need one DefineWeapon section per weapon.
You'll find the class names at the end of this thread's second post.
h3bus is offline
cyborgz
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2019
Old 08-17-2019 , 07:01   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)
Reply With Quote #2489

I'm having a problem with Dhook. After installing the files, as soon as someone joins, the server crashes without any errors. You said something about updated offsets. I'm not sure if that's the fix but I couldn't find any updated offsets anywhere.
cyborgz is offline
cyborgz
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2019
Old 08-17-2019 , 09:19   Re: [CS:GO] Deathmatch Goes Advanced (v0.13.8, 23/01/2016)
Reply With Quote #2490

nevermind I fixed the issue by downloading the latest gamedata file on the first page and replacing it.
cyborgz is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 16:49.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode