Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Suggestion] Amxmodx: New functions for cstrike module.

Post New Thread Reply   

yokomo
Surprise Ascot!
Old 10-09-2015 , 23:08   Re: [Suggestion] Amxmodx: New functions for cstrike module.
Reply With Quote #21

It's hard to explained. Please consider this as useless and stupid suggestion. Only nihilant can get my idea.
✅ MultiMod -- 103.179.44.152:27016
✅ Zombie Plague -- 103.179.44.152:27015
✅ Zombie Escape -- 103.179.44.152:27017
✅ Klassik Kombat -- 103.179.44.152:27018
✅ Boss-Battle -- 103.179.44.152:27019

Last edited by yokomo; 10-09-2015 at 23:09.
Depresie
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2015 , 14:30   Re: [Suggestion] Amxmodx: New functions for cstrike module.
Reply With Quote #22

It is of good use on more advanced mods like zombie plague, for example in some rounds player may recieve multiple weapons along with their actual ones either from a round game mode or from an extra item, and in order to remove only those items, an option to strip only certain items would be very welcome

This would be good in this kind of situations for increasing FPS, we all know ZP has a problem with that...
having 10x 30 players items on the ground would be alot of EPoly...

Also, maybe the items recieved on that game mode might be forbiden for the other rounds, and if you just use drop function, players would be able to pick them back up...

So i think it is a good ideea to be able to strip only certain items

Last edited by Depresie; 10-10-2015 at 14:31.
NiHiLaNTh
Way Past Expiration
Old 10-10-2015 , 15:08   Re: [Suggestion] Amxmodx: New functions for cstrike module.
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
In your example, this is a context where you need to remove anything except knife, this current way would be safer since it resets all as it should.
I dont understand you. If I dont use ham_strip_user_gun, player who was a zombie spawns on the next round with free grenade(-s). Its much safer loop through alll zombies or any human classes that possess unique weapons and strip only them, instead of stripping everything and give a knife.
And why this is badly designed plugin? There's no point of giving rare OP weapons for free and than not taking them away at round end.
I don't know, maybe there are other situations, but I cant think of them atm.

Send a message via Skype™ to NiHiLaNTh
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-10-2015 , 15:37   Re: [Suggestion] Amxmodx: New functions for cstrike module.
Reply With Quote #24

Hold your horses, I'm trying to understand, and I don't play anymore nor never played anything related to zombie. Your example was bad, or at least not fully explained ; I understand now from Depresie post a context where it's useful. Considering it uses virtual functions and we can't use virtual functions in cstrike module atm, that it's quite generic and not something you're using often, it might be a good idea to promote the stock as official in ham_stocks.inc or something.

Last edited by Arkshine; 10-10-2015 at 15:37.
NiHiLaNTh
Way Past Expiration
Old 10-10-2015 , 16:20   Re: [Suggestion] Amxmodx: New functions for cstrike module.
Reply With Quote #25

Sorry, my post wasn't intended to be offensive at any sort, I just didn't knew how to explain where it might be useful.

Send a message via Skype™ to NiHiLaNTh