Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Survivors can revive themselves from incapacitation, ledge grabs, and special infected attacks
    Old 05-16-2022 , 17:26   [L4D & L4D2] Self Revive Revamped
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin is simply chinagreenelvis' old self revive plugin but I cannibalized and used the code from his newer autohelp plugin to make self revive respect survivor_max_incapacitated_count and use the normal formula for calculating total health after a ledge self revive.

ALL CREDIT TO PANXIAOHAI FOR ORIGINAL CONCEPT AND CHINAGREENELVIS FOR THE CODE
    I merely took and rewrote a few lines of code from autohelp into the original selfhelp and I barely know what I'm doing.

Installation
    Place .smx files in the sourcemod/plugins directory, .txt files into the sourcemod/gamedata folder.

CVARS
    l4d_2_selfrevive_hint_delay "4.0", "Self revive hint delay"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_delay "0.0", "Self revive delay"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_delay_ledge "0.0", "Self revive delay"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_delay_incap "0.0", "Self revive delay for incapacitation"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_duration "3.0", "Self revive selfreviveDuration[victim]"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_duration_ledge "4.5", "Self revive duration for ledge grab, setting higher than 5 will disable animation"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_duration_incap "5.0", "Self revive duration for incapacitation, setting higher than 5 will disable animation"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_health_ledge "40.0", "How much health you have after reviving yourself from a ledge grab."
    l4d_2_selfrevive_health_incap "40.0", "How much health you have after reviving yourself from incapacitation."
    l4d_2_selfrevive_ledge "1", "Self revive for ledge grabs, 0:Disable, 1:Enable"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_incap "1", "Self revive for incapacitation, 0:Disable, 1:Enable"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_grab "1", "Self revive for smoker grab, 0:Disable, 1:Enable"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_pounce "1", "Self revive for hunter pounce, 0:Disable, 1:Enable"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_ride "1", " Self revive for jockey ride, 0:Disable, 1:Enable"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_pummel "1", "Self revive for charger pummel , 0:Disable, 1:Enable"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_kill "0", "0: Do not kill special infected when breaking free; 1: Kill special infected when breaking free"
    l4d_2_selfrevive_versus "0", "0: Disable in versus, 1: Enable in versus"

Known Bugs
    • Ledge Revive Health - upon first use of the plugin self reviving from a ledge gave me 1hp on revive, every time after it has used the proper equation.
    • Pinned Incap Bug - turning off self revive for pins still allows for self helping once you become down, reviving with 1hp but the game still considering you incaped. (i.e. playing incap music and can't pull out non weapon items.) fixed on next down but still annoying

UPDATES
    • 1.4.2 - Initial release
    Attached Files
    File Type: txt l4d_2_selfrevive.txt (627 Bytes, 675 views)
    File Type: smx l4d_2_selfrevive.smx (15.6 KB, 470 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_2_selfrevive.sp - 692 views - 33.6 KB)

Last edited by Danky_Bong; 05-25-2022 at 02:12. Reason: improper update
    thewintersoldier97
    Old 05-17-2022 , 07:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Self Revive Revamped
    Reply With Quote #2

Nice work Danky! Is it possible that you make it so survivors have to use pill or adrenaline for self-help? At the moment look like the plugin provide a huge benefit without some actual risk.
    Edit: Also you should post the source file, I think that was one of the forum rules

Looking for some fun!

Last edited by thewintersoldier97; 05-17-2022 at 07:17.
    Danky_Bong
    Old 05-17-2022 , 23:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Self Revive Revamped
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post
    Nice work Danky! Is it possible that you make it so survivors have to use pill or adrenaline for self-help? At the moment look like the plugin provide a huge benefit without some actual risk.
    Edit: Also you should post the source file, I think that was one of the forum rules
    Thanks for the tip, the source file is up now. it is totally possible to have temp health items required to stand up but I'm not sure how to do it yet. I'm still barely learning sourcepawn syntax and I was only able to make this by copy pasting and replacing a few lines but once I figure out how to do it I will eventually add a version of the mod that requires use of pills of adrenaline. In the meantime try using Self-Help (Reloaded) from cravenge, might be exactly what you're looking for but I've personally not used it. I personally like the ability to get up with no item requirements because I play on my listen server with a huge increase to common and special limits/abilities.
    thewintersoldier97
    Old 05-18-2022 , 01:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Self Revive Revamped
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Danky_Bong View Post
    Thanks for the tip, the source file is up now. it is totally possible to have temp health items required to stand up but I'm not sure how to do it yet. I'm still barely learning sourcepawn syntax and I was only able to make this by copy pasting and replacing a few lines but once I figure out how to do it I will eventually add a version of the mod that requires use of pills of adrenaline. In the meantime try using Self-Help (Reloaded) from cravenge, might be exactly what you're looking for but I've personally not used it. I personally like the ability to get up with no item requirements because I play on my listen server with a huge increase to common and special limits/abilities.
    I've tried cravenge's version, but it was old and there's some bugs which seem like the author was not that active and willing to fix. So I'm still looking for a better alternative.

Thank you for even consider adding the feature I suggested though. Stay awesome Danky!

Looking for some fun!
    arclightarchery
    Old 05-22-2022 , 10:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Self Revive Revamped
    Reply With Quote #5

I wonder if you can add more features like sacrificing some health to get out, or get out with difficulty, the lower your health the harder to get out
    knifeeeee
    Old 08-06-2022 , 08:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Self Revive Revamped
    Reply With Quote #6

Is there a way for the ai computer to save itself? I mean, most of the time the computer gets swallowed up by monsters
    Franco20
    Old 05-13-2023 , 16:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Self Revive Revamped
    Reply With Quote #7

Does anyone know the name of the plugin to pick someone up when they are on the ground without interruptions, that is, you can pick up your partner while taking damage from the incapacitated
    little_froy
    Old 05-14-2023 , 02:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Self Revive Revamped
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Franco20 View Post
    Does anyone know the name of the plugin to pick someone up when they are on the ground without interruptions, that is, you can pick up your partner while taking damage from the incapacitated
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2669487
    Franco20
    Old 05-16-2023 , 11:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Self Revive Revamped
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by little_froy View Post
    Thanks, but I combined it with auto-revive and it breaks. It doesn't work when taking damage, the survivor can't get up on their own due to damage from acid or zombies. I hope the creator takes that into account and fixes it: C

Last edited by Franco20; 05-16-2023 at 12:01.
    Jasonex
    Old 09-04-2023 , 10:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Self Revive Revamped
    Reply With Quote #10

September 4 2023 -

L 09/04/2023 - 22:11:12: [SM] Exception reported: Invalid timer handle df700f42 (error 3)
    L 09/04/2023 - 22:11:12: [SM] Blaming: l4d_2_selfrevive.smx
    L 09/04/2023 - 22:11:12: [SM] Call stack trace:
    L 09/04/2023 - 22:11:12: [SM] [0] KillTimer
    L 09/04/2023 - 22:11:12: [SM] [1] Line 606