Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

SPCode - Fork of SPEdit

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2020 , 06:25   Re: SPCode - Fork of SPEdit
Reply With Quote #11

Why don't we port this to .NET Core ? That way, it would work on Linux and Mac OS !
Old 11-18-2020 , 16:53   Re: SPCode - Fork of SPEdit
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
Why don't we port this to .NET Core ? That way, it would work on Linux and Mac OS !
Is it possible without too much trouble?
EDIT: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/porting/

Last edited by ratawar; 11-18-2020 at 16:54.
Send a message via ICQ to ratawar Send a message via AIM to ratawar Send a message via Yahoo to ratawar Send a message via Skype™ to ratawar
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 11-19-2020 , 03:08   Re: SPCode - Fork of SPEdit
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratawar View Post
Is it possible without too much trouble?
EDIT: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/porting/
Yeah, I did it. I still have like 16 errors to fix. But yeah, it's definitly possible with Core 3.0 / 3.1. All dependencies support Core too.

EDIT: It's fixed now.

EDIT2: Also, I am a retard. The whole interface has to be written using Maui or Avalonia. WPF (Windows Presentation Framework) does not work on anything else than... Windows. But at least, it compiles in .NET Core (3.1) now..

Last edited by Arkarr; 11-19-2020 at 04:17.
ratawar
BANNED
Old 12-02-2020 , 09:16   Re: SPCode - Fork of SPEdit
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
Yeah, I did it. I still have like 16 errors to fix. But yeah, it's definitly possible with Core 3.0 / 3.1. All dependencies support Core too.

EDIT: It's fixed now.

EDIT2: Also, I am a retard. The whole interface has to be written using Maui or Avalonia. WPF (Windows Presentation Framework) does not work on anything else than... Windows. But at least, it compiles in .NET Core (3.1) now..
A project for the future!
Send a message via ICQ to ratawar Send a message via AIM to ratawar Send a message via Yahoo to ratawar Send a message via Skype™ to ratawar
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-14-2021 , 15:39   Re: SPCode - Fork of SPEdit
Reply With Quote #15

Very good, fixes all major problems SPEdit had!
BANNED
Old 02-23-2021 , 00:13   Re: SPCode - Fork of SPEdit
Reply With Quote #16

I'm compiling a list with the most significative changes SPCode has received since the latest update from the developer(s):

As of 1.7.1.0:
  • Updater received a facelift, now containing the new version's number and prettier changelog
  • Fixed updater to be less prone to errors in the future
  • BAILOPAN's Lysis decompiler has been replaced with peace-maker's powerful and updated Java port
  • Implemented a compact, complete and clean Java detection and installation solution to enable plugin decompilation
  • Object Browser's top buttons improved, added a scripting directory combo box at the bottom to browse through all defined directories in the currently selected config
  • Attempted to fix scripting directories proper detection and usage not working properly
  • Replaced scripting directory's text box selection with a cleaner list box at the configs window
  • The program can now be installed anywhere without any problems (that we currently know of)
  • Tons of small visual and user experience improvements such as animations, translations, extra information, crash fixes and more.

To check the full changelogs, check out the releases pages.
Don't hesitate to help us make SPCode grow and improve by sending your issues!
Join our brand new SPCode Community Discord Server, to keep in better touch with us!
kratoss1812
Old 08-06-2021 , 19:35   Re: SPCode - Fork of SPEdit
Reply With Quote #17

Good work guys. I've been looking for a new code editor / compiler for a few weeks now. I tried VS Code(with different extensions), Sublime text(which ATM just installed), BasicPawn and SPEdit(which I've been using for years), but every editor has something missing.

So here are my ideas for future updates:
- Auto completation for variables(iClient, hArray, hMenu, etc. )
- "Go to definition" function for variables created inside the code(global one expecially)
- The ability to set a main file. For projects that have their sourcecode divided in more files, so while editing a sub-file I don't have to to go the main file to press F6 to compile.
- Auto completation for while, for, if, switch statements.
- Theme teamplates so the community can create themes(colors) based on other editors. I would like to have the colors from Sublime text(JoinedSenses' plugin) but I'm too lazy to actuall edit it by myself
- Auto generated function callbacks(used for when you have to work with lots of Menus and copy-ing the handler callbacks are too time consuming)
- Auto completation for enum structs(created inside or outside the sourcecode).
- The ability to choose if the compiled plugins files are placed in one folder(for every compiled plugin), or in the folder where the source code is. I want this because in WinScp/FileZilla you can just drag & drop the file from the app itself and you don't have to open the folder on your desktop - everything is cleaner when working with multiple plugins/files.

I'm sorry if some of the above are already avalabile. These are just few of the features I would love to see. At the moment this is my favorite editor out of all.

Last edited by kratoss1812; 08-06-2021 at 20:05.
ratawar
BANNED
Old 08-09-2021 , 11:29   Re: SPCode - Fork of SPEdit
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratoss1812 View Post
Good work guys. I've been looking for a new code editor / compiler for a few weeks now. I tried VS Code(with different extensions), Sublime text(which ATM just installed), BasicPawn and SPEdit(which I've been using for years), but every editor has something missing.

So here are my ideas for future updates:
- Auto completation for variables(iClient, hArray, hMenu, etc. )
- "Go to definition" function for variables created inside the code(global one expecially)
- The ability to set a main file. For projects that have their sourcecode divided in more files, so while editing a sub-file I don't have to to go the main file to press F6 to compile.
- Auto completation for while, for, if, switch statements.
- Theme teamplates so the community can create themes(colors) based on other editors. I would like to have the colors from Sublime text(JoinedSenses' plugin) but I'm too lazy to actuall edit it by myself
- Auto generated function callbacks(used for when you have to work with lots of Menus and copy-ing the handler callbacks are too time consuming)
- Auto completation for enum structs(created inside or outside the sourcecode).
- The ability to choose if the compiled plugins files are placed in one folder(for every compiled plugin), or in the folder where the source code is. I want this because in WinScp/FileZilla you can just drag & drop the file from the app itself and you don't have to open the folder on your desktop - everything is cleaner when working with multiple plugins/files.

I'm sorry if some of the above are already avalabile. These are just few of the features I would love to see. At the moment this is my favorite editor out of all.
Yo man what's up, thank you for your feedback, extremely valuable. I'm preparing an interesting update and I'll definitely take some ideas from here to add to this update.
Regarding auto completation for variables and "Go to definition" function for variables created inside the code, those are already existint features, even though go to definition for local variables definitely needs some polishing, it's not perfect.
Lastly, if you go to the Configurations and edit your current configuration, you will see the Copy Directory field, where your compiled plugin will go, ONLY if you checked the "Auto Copy after Compile" checkbox. In addition, with the press of the compile plugin key, you can compile, upload plugin to FTP, and reload it in the server, you just need to fill the pertinent text boxes in configurations, such as the FTP details of your server and the RCON credentials. Make sure the "Upload .smx after compile" and "Send RCON Commands after compile" (in case you want to send commands) are checked for this to happen. Let me know if you need further help with anything.
kratoss1812
Old 12-10-2021 , 16:35   Re: SPCode - Fork of SPEdit
Reply With Quote #19

great updates guys, love to see the work <3
Old 12-12-2021 , 08:08   Re: SPCode - Fork of SPEdit
Reply With Quote #20

Also I'm having fun taking this project over since I have little experience with C#, so I'm learning a new language.
Instasave

Last edited by Yosratilak; 12-27-2021 at 05:12.