AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-29-2008 , 12:02   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiotSavant View Post
One suggestion might be to wait a full second or so before you spawn the bot. That way the player will more than likely not be shooting and having recoil from the kill. Then place the bot for a full second or two and see if that gets hit.

Just an idea.
But the logic behind the plugin is to catch the players string of fire as he is killing an enemy. He will more than likely already moved on and released his shoot button after a second.
Old 09-29-2008 , 21:33   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #72

hey yow bugsy can u create new plugin that server host can create fake both whereever he want to map.cfg via menu or /type

in that request:
.)both permanently stays there untill host chooses a new location.
.)checks only weapons and not explodes.

its like for aimmaps or awp maps or those art very good.the aimhack will detect and kill ever the fake both bevor that player on the other side

regards

Last edited by mahooo60; 09-29-2008 at 21:35.
Exolent[jNr]
Veteran Member
Old 09-29-2008 , 22:31   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #73

Just an idea:

If a player has aimbot enabled, couldn't that player also have ESP enabled. That would then show the fake player's name that you place next to the other player being killed, and the cheater would see the name, but no player, and the distance is the same as the victim. Seeing this, wouldn't the cheater turn them off or leave?
I love you exolent!
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-30-2008 , 00:39   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exolent[jNr] View Post
Just an idea:

If a player has aimbot enabled, couldn't that player also have ESP enabled. That would then show the fake player's name that you place next to the other player being killed, and the cheater would see the name, but no player, and the distance is the same as the victim. Seeing this, wouldn't the cheater turn them off or leave?
But the bot doesn't exist until the enemy dies so there is no bot for the esp to see. The plugin intends on catching any extra shots fired after the enemy is killed. The instant the enemy dies, the bot is spawned and his fire will instantly be directed at the bot.

Based on how it is currently configured (point system for body hits) detection is done via a bot spawn over multiple enemies. I am going to remove this method because it can lead to discovery by aimbot player. Once a bot is spawned the first time, the player more than likely would become aware of something weird going on and will toggle off the aimbot.

I am trying different numbers to make it a little more sensitive but still trying to avoid false detections from recoil.

Last edited by Bugsy; 09-30-2008 at 01:30.
freamer
Old 09-30-2008 , 08:53   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #75

Discovery by aimbot player isn`t the thing we should afraid.
I think, this plugin is very useful even if it will just frighten our beloved cheators
I suggest keeping current system,but making it a bit more sensitive to aimbotters who don`t tune their cheat options like fov or...,as even if aimbotter will disable then enable his cheats after some time again,he will be caught.
Also, why don`t you leave legs point the same,but up the body points? Do you think recoil can affect something higher than legs? +1,2 points might be okay.

Most of the cheaters are kids,majority of which, won`t notice the bot spawning for sure .

Edit:
Just wanted to add,that aimbot is very easy detectable without any plugins,and cheaters that use it,just don`t know this fact .

In my view, the plugin is almostly accurate now and can stop wild cheaters from kicking your server population off,what else do we need?
The best anticheat is our mind,isn`t it?

Last edited by freamer; 09-30-2008 at 09:02.
IdiotSavant
Old 09-30-2008 , 10:15   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #76

Another bad idea from me... how about spawning the bot and if the bot is hit, spawn a second bot back at the place the player was killed. This way recoil can't be responsible for the hits to the second bot. If he is shooting up and the second bot spawns, then BAM, he hits the lower bot and you KNOW he is cheating.

Just an idea.

Like GunGame? Visit www.gungame.org today!
Earn Admin just by playing at GunGame.Org Servers!

Come visit our GunGame.Org server at 174.34.146.107:27015
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-30-2008 , 11:48   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdiotSavant View Post
Another bad idea from me... how about spawning the bot and if the bot is hit, spawn a second bot back at the place the player was killed. This way recoil can't be responsible for the hits to the second bot. If he is shooting up and the second bot spawns, then BAM, he hits the lower bot and you KNOW he is cheating.

Just an idea.
That is not a bad idea. Maybe down the road that can be added.
Old 10-01-2008 , 09:29   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #78

Also, I would recommend not to count or pass aim checks when player holds awp,or some slow-shot weapon,as it`s useless.
ehha
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-01-2008 , 11:04   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #79

I got a suggestion, you could make it so the punishment occurs only if the bot gets hit a couple of times, or example if i set amx_aimattempts to 5, the player will get punished if he hits the bot 3 times, or a customizable ratio.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-01-2008 , 11:26   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #80

freamer, good idea. I will implement that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehha View Post
I got a suggestion, you could make it so the punishment occurs only if the bot gets hit a couple of times, or example if i set amx_aimattempts to 5, the player will get punished if he hits the bot 3 times, or a customizable ratio.
That is pretty much already configurable, albeit via const and not cvar. I lowered these because I am trying to either catch the player on first bot spawn or not at all. After a bot is spawned once and the player sees his crosshairs fly up to an invisible player, he will know something is up and most likely toggle off or disconnect. I also increased BOT_STAY_TIME to 2.0

PHP Code:
#define HEADHITS    2    //Points added if bot gets hit in the head
#define MIDBODYHITS    2    // " " " " " " " " "  arms/chest
#define LEGHITS        1    // " " " " " " " " "  legs
//Hits needed to punish player
#define HITSNEEDED    2    //If total points reaches this value, player gets punished.