Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Biohazard [0.0.3.0] [31/03/20]

Post New Thread Reply   

doroemon
Old 06-05-2015 , 01:44   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [20/01/15]
Reply With Quote #61

I'm using this plugin for Sourcemod 1.7.2-dev+5203,

TF2 Biohazard is 0.0.2.74 (download from GitHub)

and not have any erorr log and message,The server was crashed,

Can you fix it plz?

Last edited by doroemon; 06-05-2015 at 01:46.
x6herbius
Old 06-08-2015 , 17:45   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [20/01/15]
Reply With Quote #62

I'll try and look into it this week.
Send a message via Skype™ to x6herbius
x6herbius
Old 06-20-2015 , 06:12   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [20/01/15]
Reply With Quote #63

This weekend is the only time before July that I'll have time to myself, so I'm looking into it. It seems to crash silently but in different places, and I'm suspecting this is to do with calls to entities within the game to do things like setting health, so I'm looking to see whether the newest snapshots of SourceMod/Metamod fix it.

EDIT: Sorted. The plugin itself is fine, but you need the new snapshot of TF2Items from here.

Last edited by x6herbius; 06-20-2015 at 06:41.
Delfy
Old 10-18-2015 , 17:05   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [20/01/15]
Reply With Quote #64

Pushback scale and sentry scale didnt worked, why?
x6herbius
Old 10-19-2015 , 03:11   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [20/01/15]
Reply With Quote #65

Not sure. I can try testing things when I get home.
Delfy
Old 10-19-2015 , 07:37   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [20/01/15]
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6herbius View Post
Not sure. I can try testing things when I get home.
Alright
Also bug report:
1. As i said, sentry pushback scale and weapons pushback scale didn't work. Even if i set 10.0 pushback scale, weapons still pushing zombies back normally, looks like 1.0 as in normal game. Sentry guns the same.
2. When new round comes, all players who was zombied, and who has green-colored skin, even after new round starts and they became survivors in RED team, still have this green-colored skin.
3. Not a bug, but... when all 24-30 players on server became zombies, and then when new round starts and plugin forced them to join RED, here is alot spam in chat "player joins red\player join blu, etc".
Also, when all players changed team to red on new round, they all die first, and ALOT of corpses generate on spawn. it is make FPS down on 50%.
Maybe you have any idea, how to move players from BLU zombies to RED survivors on new round wuthout die?

Also, offerings:
1. Make timer! How much seconds\minutes left to win the game (survivors), something like "Survive *timeleft* to win!" And for zombies "Kill all in *timeleft* to win!"
2. Make timer before first infection starts. For example, "*timeleft* until first infection!"
3. Make sounds, music or something. When BLU zombie turn survivor into BLU zombie, we need sound of it. Like it was in CSS. Zombie scream or something.
4. I really think need turn off all crits for zombies. It is bad for FPS (too much effects on map). Just make 1 hit - and survivor turn into zombie. As it was in CSS.
5. Somehow need to "turn off" all voice lines for BLU team. It is possible? Zombies cant talk
5. Make attribute for fire. For example, in CSS burned zombies walk on 50% slower. Why not make the same here? All burned zombies will move slowly.
6. Block suicide please. Both team, red and blu. I mean sucide by write "kill" in console or if you change class.

Fuuuuh! Thats alot, but... i really think this will make awesome gamemode better.
Also you can just add me on steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/yippiee/ (But pls tell me your's steam name, i has alot invites).
It will be much easier to report bugs to you.
Sorry for bad english, i hope you understand what i mean.

Last edited by Delfy; 10-19-2015 at 10:16.
x6herbius
Old 10-19-2015 , 11:51   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [20/01/15]
Reply With Quote #67

I'll have a look at the pushback - is this something that has worked at all before, or has it just broken? I seem to remember having trouble with it when I was developing but I thought I'd sorted it.

The green tint bug I'll look into, but I'd like to make sure you're not just looking at Spies - when Red spies disguise as Blue players they are tinted to blend in with how the zombies generally look. Because the tint is global server-side, it shows up for everyone. If it is actually a bug, it should hopefully be an easy fix.

The player death thing on respawn is annoying but I'm not sure there's a way around it. Saxton Hale uses the same system (RespawnPlayer()) so I just ran with it, but it's possible that I could potentially use the same system as I'm doing for changing the zombie teams in-place if it works. I dunno whether I can block the "player has joined red" messages though.

The mod should use the standard TF2 round timer to show "Time left until infection/end of round/etc", unless you're talking about printing some messages to the screen for extra clarity, which would be possible.

In terms of zombie crits, the idea was to give the very first zombies to become infected (the "Patient Zeroes") crits to give them something of a helping hand in getting the round going. After having played the mod it appears that the zombies don't generally have too bad a time at winning, so the crits may not be necessary. I do want to keep the crits on rage though, because that's supposed to be in order to allow a tactical advantage if required.

I could look into blocking/changing the Blue voice lines and sticking music in - I'll see what's available to utilise.
Delfy
Old 10-19-2015 , 12:30   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [20/01/15]
Reply With Quote #68

Pushback just not working. I not tested old versions
All what i know - or 1.0 scale or 1000.0 - weapons still has default pushback scale.

Green bug: Yes, its not the spy (i even not allowed spy ons erver, too easy can kill zombie). All who was "green" in blu team, after team switch have still green body.

Strange, timer didnt show gamemode time. I think, extra timer on screen will be better
Also, possible to make this mode work at all maps?
x6herbius
Old 10-20-2015 , 05:35   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [20/01/15]
Reply With Quote #69

The problem with maps is that ideally zombies should have a number of spawn points to guard against spawn camping, so I've been tending to make edits to previous maps. It doesn't take too much effort but still requires a bit of tweaking to get right.
Delfy
Old 10-20-2015 , 08:41   Re: [TF2] Biohazard [0.0.1.55] [20/01/15]
Reply With Quote #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6herbius View Post
The problem with maps is that ideally zombies should have a number of spawn points to guard against spawn camping, so I've been tending to make edits to previous maps. It doesn't take too much effort but still requires a bit of tweaking to get right.
Im not see the problem in spawn camping. In CFG make 99999999 zombie hp, and rage stun they has.
So... its fine i think.
But i mean, possible to make plugin works on maps without setup time?

Also any news about pushback and other fixes?

Last edited by Delfy; 10-20-2015 at 08:42.