Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Insurgency (2014)
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Displays a compass on screen, in center text, on left panel or on bottom hint text without the use of a command
    Old 03-11-2015 , 13:26   [INS] MyCompass
    Reply With Quote #1

My Compass V1.4
    (There is now a version 2! Read further posts)

This plugin displays a compass in game without the need for a player to type in a command. It has three choices of placement that you set in the config file.

The compass is also visible to spectators; showing in which direction the person they are spectating is looking at. This is good for servers that have coms open between the dead and the living.

* Credits *
    I made this plugin based on the one jballou made, which can be found here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=252288

Install
    download the smx, and place it in your sourcemod\plugin directory. Restart the server.

A config file named: plugin.MyCompass.cfg will be created in insurgency\cfg\sourcemod in which you set your cvars.

Cvars

sm_comp_enabled - 1 to enable the plugin, 0 to disable it.

sm_comp_pos - sets the position of the compass on the screen.
    Choices
    1. center text
    2. left panel *note: Insurgency doesn't allow weapon selection through 1,2,3,4 num keys when this option is selected.
    3. bottom hint text.

Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (MyCompass.sp - 900 views - 5.1 KB)

[IMG]http://s1.************/hxzfirnu3/donate.gif[/IMG]

Thank you in advance for your generosity!
    wribit

Last edited by wribit; 03-27-2015 at 11:19. Reason: typo
    mikehawk
    Old 03-13-2015 , 05:52   Re: [INS] MyCompass
    Reply With Quote #2

Works good!

Not a lot of Insurgency plugins out there so thank you for your efforts
    Wolfseye
    Old 03-13-2015 , 09:01   Re: [INS] MyCompass
    Reply With Quote #3

Its nice that one doesn't need a command for that, but also this one here is less specific. It just says North, South etc but no specific values as for the degrees. Also updating from one to another direction takes quite long. Can you improve the speed and maybe add more detailed info on the direction like with the other Plugin ?

Of course it would make sense if there would be any chance for a real visual compass, with what I mean that it actually shows a round compass instead of just the compass data. But I suppose thats not possible with Insurgency. Since the Devs dont see a point to include something simple and commonly used tool with every military unit, as a compass, we can only hope that plugins can provide such functionality.

Hope you can do something about what I suggested. Otherwise many thx. Until then I will keep using the other Plugin and watch this topic if you can make some updates.

Cheers
    Send a message via Skype™ to Wolfseye
    Anoobis
    Old 03-13-2015 , 20:51   Re: [INS] MyCompass
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wolfseye View Post
    Also updating from one to another direction takes quite long. Can you improve the speed and maybe add more detailed info on the direction like with the other Plugin ?
    Hey Wolfseye...I can tell you that the updating can be modified. wribit tweaked this one because it conflicted with another plugin we have on servers, show damage I believe. They're both in the same location on the screen so adding a slight delay allowed us to have both plugins on the servers and working in harmony.

Regarding the degrees not sure how much help that would be. It could be. But wribit created the compass by demand (from myself) and from others who play with us. We all play and are in a TeamSpeak server so it became simpler to call out "Friendly entering Alpha from the North". If you catch my meaning.
    wribit
    Old 03-14-2015 , 07:33   Re: [INS] MyCompass
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wolfseye View Post
    Its nice that one doesn't need a command for that, but also this one here is less specific. It just says North, South etc but no specific values as for the degrees. Also updating from one to another direction takes quite long. Can you improve the speed and maybe add more detailed info on the direction like with the other Plugin ?
    I was actually thinking of updating this plugin for this exact reason. I will be working on it today, and will upload the new version once testing is done. As Anoobis as said, the timing had been done for a specific server with another plugin that also printed to the center screen. This is easily set back and will be in the next version.

Thank you for your feedback! it's greatly appreciated
    wribit
    Old 03-14-2015 , 10:18   [INS] MyCompass V.2
    Reply With Quote #6

My Compass V.2

After Wolfseye brought to my attention that it would be nice to have the bearing showing as well as the direction, I made this update to the plugin.

The plugin now has a cvar to control whether or not to show the bearing. The timer was also accelerated so the direction updates instantly. If you use this plugin with another that prints to the screen in the same place, they might come into conflict - causing the other plugin never to show on screen. If I see this being an issue with many people, I will implement a cvar to control the timer directly.

**Credits**
    As mentioned before, JBallou's plugin is the inspiration behind this one. It can be found here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=252288

V.2 Changes
    • Changed the timer so there's no delay in printing the direction.
    • Added choice to show bearing as well as direction.
    CVars

sm_comp_enabled (1 for enable, 0 for disable)
    sm_comp_pos (1=center text, 2=left panel, 3=hint text * insurgency doesn't allow for selection of weapons through 1,2,3,4 number keys when opt. 2 is selected)
    sm_comp_bearing (1 to show bearing, 0 to hide)
    Install
    Place the MyCompas.smx file in your sourcemod\plugins folder and restart the server.
    A config file will be created in insurgency\cfg\sourcemod called plugin.MyCompass.cfg in which you set your CVars.

Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (MyCompass.sp - 773 views - 6.3 KB)

[IMG]http://s1.************/hxzfirnu3/donate.gif[/IMG]

Thank you in advance for your generosity!
    wribit

Last edited by wribit; 03-27-2015 at 11:20.