12% 

[L4D1+2] Perkmod

Post New Thread Reply   

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2009 , 12:00   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #101

By which he means the standing melee-Swipe attack

player_death is also a misborn thing of event. It triggers on frustrated tanks -.-

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 08-10-2009 at 12:04.
tPoncho
Old 08-10-2009 , 18:06   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #102

@ Grosskopf: Ah, no, the convar you're talking about (l4d_perkmod_bot_tank) only sets what perks bot tanks will use (in campaign and survival, and in versus if it gets frustrated enough). To disable tank perks completely... hmm... I don't think you can disable tank perks outright, best you can do is disable them all individually, then set the default tank perk to, say, Juggernaut and set Juggernaut to 1 HP bonus.

@ AtomicStryker: Hm, totally didn't notice that before... well, good thing the routines I got for frustrated tanks and dead tanks do similar things =P

Yeah, old school was just a sort of joke perk I put in to make hunters more resemble what they were like early on, where hunters did 10 damage on melee swipes, and claw-and-runs were a more viable strategy because it did so much. Compared to the other perks I dunno if it's actually attractive or effective at all, I just thought I'd leave it in just for curiosity's sake =P
tPoncho
Old 08-10-2009 , 18:24   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #103

@ Edhmelus: Thanks for the suggestions and feedback there.

Funny enough, earlier on when I was just doing "closed testing" with some buddies of mine one of them suggested Body Slam was overpowered and Grasshopper was fine (I think it was 50% back then) o_O the argument went something like, well what happens if the hunter gets shoved off but pulls off another pounce? Or two more? Counterargument was that that sorta thing doesn't happen often. But I think now it actually seems underpowered, because even with Grasshopper at 20%, which isn't *that* much, Grasshopper makes landing 20+ pounces waaay easier just because it lets you overshoot a little and adjust mid-air, rather than having to get it perfect and barely touching their toes. So I think instead of nerfing Grasshopper, I might just set Body Slam to deal an extra 2 damage on pounces doing more than 9 damage. Let's just hope I don't introduce a bunch of more bugs in doing so =P

And yeah the other day when I playtested on a larger scale, saw how bad Metabolic boost was >.> I was actually afraid that MB was underpowered compared to the others, so I just went with an arbitrary number... the idea was that normal tanks have little hope of catching up to survivors when under gunfire, and that MB would make it much easier. As it is... yeah, they're like speeding bullets now >.< I'll lower the default, same with Tongue Twister, seems like it's much too attractive compared to the other smoker perks.

I think in order to save people's preferences long term (like WC3mod for CSS I think) I'd have to include SSQ or whatever that database thingy is, and truth be told I'm not interested in bothering with databases... I'd be happy if someone decided to do it themselves though =P but yeah, my original idea was something like CoD4 again, where you start off with some perks and have to level to unlock others and stuff... but then I'm not sure L4D really lends itself to this. CSS did, because it used the server browser and you could set favorites and so on, but L4D's matchmaking system makes it harder to do this. Yeah, it's possible still, but for the average guy who stumbles on a server with this plugin he probably won't be able to find that server again. That, coupled with my aversion to having to deal with databases =P led me to decide on just giving access to every perk right off the bat. That way, people can enjoy the mod to its fullest, even if it's just for one game.

Atm, I don't know how to *actually* damage players in a way that the game recognizes. I don't think the extra damage done by perks atm "registers" in that events like incapping and dying and stuff is accurately picked up, hence why I had to write giant functions to emulate damage by just reducing health before the damage is applied. So that was a long way of saying, I can't do something like Acidic Belcher... very well =P Yeah, it could do "damage" and all, but if they're at 1 health and you use acidic belcher on them, they're going to still be at 1 health - or just fall over and die, nothing in-between like incapping >.<

finally, @ spiderlemur: Gonna try and get a version up tonight with Motion Sickness, assuming no bugs =P
spiderlemur
Old 08-10-2009 , 18:46   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by tPoncho View Post
finally, @ spiderlemur: Gonna try and get a version up tonight with Motion Sickness, assuming no bugs =P
I'm free tonight if you wanna playtest that before you post it.
Send a message via AIM to spiderlemur
Edhmelus
Old 08-10-2009 , 19:51   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #105

I think you could leave grasshopper as it is. It gives perfect acceleration and all that <.< I to be honest like it alot and so do most of my mates. Though, one of my mates is just taking the shred damage increase and pounces someone when he's alone for a sec, does lotsa damage. Bodyslam is perfect too, why? Because when in narrow areas (Mercy hospital) You can deal a LEAST damage.

What about Speed Demon. Going to re-implement or not? I -loved- it. I could finally have my fun clawing and making them run after me instead of "Hit hit hit hit *Dead*"

Yeah. MB is OP all along. The other perks arent, that is why its so great x.x

And tounge twister is perfectly fine. It only gives range and a bigger window of opportunity. But does not increase damage even if the survivor may travel longer, he doesnt take bigger pulldamage due to that. So can leave it like that, haven't seen smokers being OP with that apart from places at like ladders you climb up (but they always are OP there, with that or without!) or at a roof like in MC_sewers.

Anyhoo ^^ Enuff written.
spiderlemur
Old 08-10-2009 , 21:43   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #106

Suggestion: Merge Speed Demon and Old School
Send a message via AIM to spiderlemur
Edhmelus
Old 08-11-2009 , 09:24   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlemur View Post
Suggestion: Merge Speed Demon and Old School

Since some people, like me, never really get that easily killed with speed demon.. They would EASILY kill Survivors if they also had a damage boost in clawing.

No. It would be "nice" but too OP.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2009 , 10:06   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by tPoncho View Post

Atm, I don't know how to *actually* damage players in a way that the game recognizes. I don't think the extra damage done by perks atm "registers" in that events like incapping and dying and stuff is accurately picked up, hence why I had to write giant functions to emulate damage by just reducing health before the damage is applied. So that was a long way of saying, I can't do something like Acidic Belcher... very well =P Yeah, it could do "damage" and all, but if they're at 1 health and you use acidic belcher on them, they're going to still be at 1 health - or just fall over and die, nothing in-between like incapping >.<
Check my Smoker Cloud Plugin's damage function. It works on normal and temporary health and incaps and kills just like damage should.
Ja-Forces
Old 08-11-2009 , 10:38   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #109

In coop mode player does not see the menu from the beginning of a following level. Сommand !perks does not work. The menu gets out if the player has died and after a connect/reconnect on a server. Use no-steam game and create through map l4d ... Install MetaMod 1.7.1 and SourceMod 1.2

Plugins:

01 "Admin File Reader" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Admin Help" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Admin Menu" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "All4Dead" (1.4.5) by James Richardson (grandwazir)
05 "Anti-Flood" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Chat" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Basic Comm Control" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Basic Commands" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "Basic Votes" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "CD Announcer" (2.3) by Fredd
13 "Client Preferences" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
14 "Fun Commands" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
15 "Fun Votes" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
16 "Ghost Tank" (PLUGIN_VERSION) by Mr. Zero
17 "L4DSwitchPlayers" (1.3) by SkyDavid (djromero)
18 "L4D Broadcast" (1.0.0) by Voiderest
19 "L4D Survivor AI Pounced Fix" (1.0.0) by AtomicStryker
20 "mv_l4d_takeoverbot.smx"
21 "PerkMod" (1.1) by tPoncho
22 "Player Commands" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
23 "Reserved Slots" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
24 "Damage Info Display" (1.3.5) by Dionys && -pk-
25 "L4D Force Mission Changer" (1.3.3) by Dionys
26 "Sound Commands" (1.2.1) by AlliedModders LLC
27 "[L4D] Spawn Minigun" (1.0) by 4nt1h4cker
28 "Very Basic High Ping Kicker" (1.1) by msleeper
29 "Votekick Autoban" (1.3) by n0limit

Last edited by Ja-Forces; 08-12-2009 at 06:03.
Da_Man
Old 08-11-2009 , 12:12   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #110

I am running the HP regeneration plugin and it seems once an infected claws a survivor, that survivor and infecteds health regens by 10 hp every 7 secs instead of 2.
Send a message via MSN to Da_Man