Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MySQL Banning - Single DB - Cover Multiple Servers V3.0 [10 Jun 08]

Post New Thread Reply   

Liam
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-09-2008 , 08:52   Re: MySQL Banning - Single DB - Cover Multiple Servers V3.0 [10 Jun 08]
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
Liam: the person who requested unapproval wasn't actually the author.
ACK! -.- Sorry Moggie!

Alternately, any way you could make this threaded for SQL?

Weapon Restrictions w/ Warmup
High Ping Kicker - Lite Edition
AFK Manager
xomp
BANNED
Old 09-09-2008 , 09:15   Re: MySQL Banning - Single DB - Cover Multiple Servers V3.0 [10 Jun 08]
Reply With Quote #102

I don't understand Its a number? Where can I get the most recent version (assuming version 3.0 is the latest and I run version 2.0).
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp
xomp
BANNED
Old 09-11-2008 , 11:24   Re: MySQL Banning - Single DB - Cover Multiple Servers V3.0 [10 Jun 08]
Reply With Quote #103

So.. in an attempt to sound like a broken record. Can someone point me to the version 3.0 of this plugin please? I have version 2.0 and downloading the plugin from the original post yields no 3.0.

Thanks
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2008 , 12:18   Re: MySQL Banning - Single DB - Cover Multiple Servers V3.0 [10 Jun 08]
Reply With Quote #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomp View Post
So.. in an attempt to sound like a broken record. Can someone point me to the version 3.0 of this plugin please? I have version 2.0 and downloading the plugin from the original post yields no 3.0.

Thanks
Go to the first post, press get plugin

That is version 3
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2008 , 12:21   Re: MySQL Banning - Single DB - Cover Multiple Servers V3.0 [10 Jun 08]
Reply With Quote #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
ACK! -.- Sorry Moggie!

Alternately, any way you could make this threaded for SQL?
I wish, I got lost after the changes from Naris.

In a previous post I'm still using one version after the original that works just fine for perm bans with no fancy addons.

If anyone is willing to make this threaded and has the time/knowledge, knock yourselves out.

PS. This version is not threaded, but we've hammered the living daylights out of it with thousands and thousands of people connecting every day to our game servers without a single issue.

EDIT: If you do get issues, its you're provider, swap them or get a dedicated server. Harsh, but the best option imo.

Matt
BANNED
Old 09-11-2008 , 13:01   Re: MySQL Banning - Single DB - Cover Multiple Servers V3.0 [10 Jun 08]
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoggieX View Post
PS. This version is not threaded, but we've hammered the living daylights out of it with thousands and thousands of people connecting every day to our game servers without a single issue.

EDIT: If you do get issues, its you're provider, swap them or get a dedicated server. Harsh, but the best option imo.

Matt
LOL, this is just too easy to rip on. I guess it's always easiest to blame your GSP when problems arise, NEVER a plugin LOLOLOL. I notice lag but it's mainly due to not having threaded capabilities. Also, if version 3.0 is on the first page, then why would it announce as version 2.0 with "sm plugins list"?
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 09-11-2008 , 13:34   Re: MySQL Banning - Single DB - Cover Multiple Servers V3.0 [10 Jun 08]
Reply With Quote #107

if you that bothered, open the source, where it says PLUGIN_VESRION change it to 1337.01, compile it, Job done
BANNED
Old 09-11-2008 , 15:59   Re: MySQL Banning - Single DB - Cover Multiple Servers V3.0 [10 Jun 08]
Reply With Quote #108

If you're pretentious enough to say people should not blame your plugin if issues arrise but rather, blame their GSP and not think that something as trivial as an improperly updated Version # is of no importance, then I'm curious as to what else may have been treated with such "careful consideration".

I don't understand why you had to play coy with me over this and not come out and say "I didn't update the version # and it really is 3.0". Would have been much simpler. I honestly thought I was missing a version, but your obnoxious cadence is clear.
Liam
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-15-2008 , 12:20   Re: MySQL Banning - Single DB - Cover Multiple Servers V3.0 [10 Jun 08]
Reply With Quote #109

There's no reason to be mean or nasty. I forget to update my version numbers sometimes too.

However, a non-threaded plugin that checks *every* single login will cause latency issues if the database lags even a little bit, hence, its not the databases fault it got loaded down, its the plugins fault for not threading it so the rest of the world could keep working.

Weapon Restrictions w/ Warmup
High Ping Kicker - Lite Edition
AFK Manager
arm5ky
Old 10-25-2008 , 09:10   Re: MySQL Banning - Single DB - Cover Multiple Servers V3.0 [10 Jun 08]
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredJed223 View Post
Hi when a banned player joins my server it notices they are banned, but does not kick them.. just says this with error checking on

Query String: <SELECT ban_reason, ban_length, TIME_TO_SEC(TIMEDIFF(ADDTIME(timestamp,SEC_TO _TIME(ban_length*60)),CURRENT_TIMESTAMP))/60 FROM mysql_bans WHERE steam_id = 'STEAM_
I get the same!!!