Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

Neal121
Old 04-14-2007 , 15:20   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #281

Where/What in the code do I have to change to increase the levels? Do i need to change all the 1800's to what I want?
Silencer123
Veteran Member
Old 04-15-2007 , 07:53   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #282

Replace all:
with

Replace once:
with

to set higher max level.
Note that this will not allow to
deal more skillpoints on the skills.
BANNED
Old 04-16-2007 , 00:22   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #283

I've made alot of changes to your plugin Silencer including adding 7350 levels too it, alot of math. Anyway wanted to say thanks for the plugin and good luck.
Silencer123
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2007 , 12:25   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #284

Mh... I am just getting to my mind that if you put the max level far higher than 1800
(Like 2000) then the xp variable cannot save that high xp amounts anymore.
Old 04-27-2007 , 19:59   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #285

This is just a favor, but:

Could somebody maybe post a .sma of this plug in with the levels totaling 5000? With the ability to add more skill points than 450?
It would be greatly appreciated!
Send a message via AIM to Fadeproof18 Send a message via MSN to Fadeproof18
pcfdo.bat
Old 05-01-2007 , 06:36   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #286

Hi Silencer
I was thinking about the SQL version (Still looking forward to it )
But does it support "prefix" so the so the tables could get a "nickname" in the front.

Regards
pcfdo.bat
Old 05-02-2007 , 12:07   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #287

Not yet but I could easily add that to be an additional field in the table if requested much.
You could also easily add that by yourself when the plugin comes. ^^
Old 05-02-2007 , 13:13   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #288

what about, in a possible future version, a cfg to add and subtract levels, like levels.ini

amx_maxlevel 1800
amx_maxskillpointlevel_armor 450
amx_maxskillpointlevel_nano 450
amx_maxmedals 10
amx_maxskillpoints_awarness 100

But all of the max level have to total the max level, hell, maybe have it add up each of these to determine the max level of the plugin.

I dont know if this would be more of a pain than anything, but would certainly improve the flexibility of this plugin.
Just a suggestion.
Send a message via AIM to Fadeproof18 Send a message via MSN to Fadeproof18
Silencer123
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2007 , 17:26   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #289

I just can't understand how people are not busy enough with 1800 levels.
Why don't you just decrease the xpgain cvar to 0.2 if you want to expand
the time a players levelup career takes?
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2007 , 09:46   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #290

*doublepost*
The changelog starts to grow up to unexpected sizes.
Here is the most recent one:

Version 20.0: Added support for SC 3.5 (The new weapon). Added support for SQL - see the new CVar and the converting plugin, which adds Experience from a maybe already existing SQL Database and vault.ini together and then uploads that new data onto the Database. Rewrote most ranks and added many - there are now 55 different ranks. Easified some functions to save more CPU. Now using custom sound and sprite for Level Up Event. Fixed 30 possible sources of overflow errors and with that removed the random-executing-of-wrong-functions-sometimes-issue. The personal Data-HUD-Message now features an Experience Bar and a Progress-In-Percent Indicator instead of the old +XXXX experience to go and an indicator for when you will get ammo again and for if you are currently able to block an attack or not. Fixed a bug with the setlvl function where the player got more experience than usual for the given level and then got more levels than wanted if the players level was lowered. Added the possibility for each player to customize his Data-HUD-Messages color with setinfo scxpm_cc X123123123X (XRRRGGGBBBX) ('X', Red, green, blue, 'X') (0-255) - if the feature is not used, the classic blue color is shown. Added my Steam ID to the Plugin Information MOTD-Window (Good when I want to proof my authority *grin*). Changed some things in the Skills Information MOTD-Window. Data-HUD-Message and Experience calculation now happen every 0.5 seconds instead of just every second - it will not make the game slower, unless my pocket calculator is faster than your server. Directly raised the Version number to 20.0, because big changes have been done and Cozmic Shredder was that shameless to call their Version 18.0. Added one of those big arrogant @-Made-Of compositions saying "SCXPM" as a comment at the beginning of the sourcecode. Added some define values to the code, which you should have a look at before putting the compiled standard code into your plugins folder. These define values are about the starthealth and startarmor, so it now is always read correctly. In order to be more precisely, the new define values are "SQL_HST" (The IP or Domain of the SQL Host (a Server)), "SQL_USR" (The SQL Username), "SQL_PWD" (SQL Password), "SQL_DBN" (The name of the Database), "SQL_TBL" (The name of the Table), "SV_CFG" (The servers config file - needed if it is changing starthealth or startarmor), "SV_MPCF" (Can be "YES" or "NO" ("NO" by default) and says if your servers config file is executed after each maps one or not), "SV_XPCF" (The destination of the new config file for SCXPM, which handles its (P)CVars, which by the way are also saved at the end of each map or if there is a planned servershutdown), "SNDFOLD" (The Folder for SCXPM specific sounds - only change if you use custom ones) and "SPRFOLD" (The Folder for SCXPM specific sprites - only change if you use custom ones). Added a 0.2 seconds delay after giving health and armor after spawn because of a bug where the player did not get the health. The commands you see under amx_help are now selected more wisely. Fixed a bug where setting a players level with setlvl command did not refresh the players rank. The Plugins Information (3 lines in chat) are now always shown to every player who connects, not only to players who started their carrier on the server (level 0) because there are many people out there who do not seem to know all the commands. The keys from 0 to 9 are now automatically bound on connect so there should be no more people saying that they cannot select every menu entry unless they are not using a hack to block that. Added support for LAN. If you connect you are registered with your Steam ID. When you leave your data is saved with your ID. If LAN is enabled your data will be saved under the name you had when disconnecting. So there are no problems when changing sv_lan in the middle of gameplay. The players just have to reconnect then. When a player dies the time needed until he gets ammo again is set to 3.0 seconds if he had less than 3.0 seconds on dead when he spawns so the player has some time to select a weapon he wants ammo for. On top of that the ammo delay now also still keeps counting down (to 3.0 seconds) while being dead. If you now say or team_say something via Chat the format is now no longer "Name: Bla", but "Name [L:123]: Bla", where 123 is the Players current level, if the new CVar amx_scxpm_rename is set to anything other than 0. The plugin is now using PCVars, which are better than the usual CVars. The Team Skill is now much weaker - not even half as strong as before, because it was too mighty. Tweaked the Ammunition Reincarnation Skill - if you now have full ammo for your current weapon or a weapon that does not need ammo, you will now be given ammo for a weapon which you have and which does not have full ammo(, too), properly, without being in the danger of getting an overflow error due to CPU Stackage with looped random_num function. Note that this random ammo only includes one single clip and no AR Grenades. You will now get equal Experience from every Monster - this is due to Version 3.5 of Sven Cooperative. Now using the remove_task function to prevent recently connected players from getting the influence from functions called by recently disconnected players. Added 3 Commands to toggle 3 of the 4 CVars On or Off and a added a fourth command to change the XP Gain/Multiplier Cvar. Note that outrageous values can discompose the plugin and players data. Whenever someone gets a Level Up, everyone on the server will be notified about that, not only the Levelupper. Fixed the Function which sets the players gravity - in earlier versions it permanently set the gravity which as no effect except wasting the Server CPUs Capacity. Improved Playerskills MOTD List so names with many little or many much pixels using Chars no longer misfit in the table. Improved the HUD MSG Info which you see when you look at players. It now also displays their Level and Rank. This can be disabled with the new CVar amx_scxpm_dpname. Do this through scxpm's new config file. Added Command to open MOTD window with additional information, say /moreinfo. When holding a single Uzi you will get a second one if your Ammo Reincarnation ist at Level 30 and you are Level 50 or higher - but only once per life so you cannot give them away to other players for free. Fixed an uncountable amount of bugs with the Team Power Skill. Wasting less CPU Power by setting health and armor only once at the same time. Health and Armor regeneration now always go for the little luck chance so you can get up to 2 health points or armor points from it each half second, not only 1 as before. That is very useful on higher levels. Now using add instead of format where possible and also using less to save more CPU usage. The Data of other Players in the MOTD Window is now being ordered by their Medals, then by their Level and then by their Entity ID.

And don't forget:
SCXPM 17.0: 1526 lines of code.
SCXPM 20.0: 2531 lines of code.
Just to let you all know how many big changes there are already.
In the end the code will probably be 3000 lines, 200% of the former version,
because of some stuff I will have to add because of SvenCoop 3.5, like lose
1 HP every 2 seconds when having more than 100 health.

Last edited by Silencer123; 05-13-2007 at 09:53.