Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D/L4D2] Infected Bots Control (1.0.0)

Post New Thread Reply   

LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2010 , 10:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Bots (1.9.0)
Reply With Quote #961

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacKLER View Post
Thanks for making one of the most brilliant plugin of all time! There seems to be quite some problems on certain occasions though when using the latest version, particularly on panic events and finales

Most of the times SI stop spawning during/after panic events, finales or when a tank spawns, and sometimes 2 or 3 SI of the same type spawn together at exactly the same location during panic events, even though I've set the limits of all SI to 1

Could you please look into these matters? Would really be great if those can be fixed! Thanks again for the efforts put on the cool plugin!
that happens when director spawn is on, it's not really his fault.

you can use z_hunter_limit to make sure that doesn't happen.
however i am not sure fi that fixes anything, i tried it and double SI keep spawning, i think is determined by chapter, meaning you habe to make the change manually (everytime a round starts, type in the console sm_cvar Z_smoker_limit 1)

:S
Blu3star
Old 03-20-2010 , 15:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Bots (1.9.0)
Reply With Quote #962

Valve should hire you. If you already don't work for them.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2010 , 15:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Bots (1.9.0)
Reply With Quote #963

has any of you guys experienced a glitch related to spitter's spit not causing any effect?
advarp
Old 03-20-2010 , 23:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Bots (1.9.0)
Reply With Quote #964

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
This is a continuation thread for Infected bots. l4dinfectedbots.txt file.

More questions soon with your help
Hi, well I have 1 silly + 2 normal questions pls:

1) (silly) Is joining infected not making the game a versus ? How is it different then?

2) I have this plugin enabled and when we played adv realism coop it was madly difficult - I did not change any vars except disabling infected from being joined (with the var in the .cfg). Literally the SIs were spawning non stop in groups of 3-4. While this is GOOD for training and skills etc and for ppl that are bored with expert I would like to play normally in coop. So my questions is, is this plugin spawning infected in a more aggresiove mode or was it just my impression?

3) (linked to 2) ) is it possible to add something (or already there) to disable the plugin completely in coop? I know I can use sm plugins unload etc.smx, but usually I forget - so can the plugin detect gamemode x and disable itself / do nothing ? What woudl I need to add / change in the code - I saw the gamemode case switch...take the case out for 1 - will this do it (I have a feeling not)

Thank you
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2010 , 09:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Bots (1.9.0)
Reply With Quote #965

Quote:
Originally Posted by advarp View Post
Hi, well I have 1 silly + 2 normal questions pls:

1) (silly) Is joining infected not making the game a versus ? How is it different then?

2) I have this plugin enabled and when we played adv realism coop it was madly difficult - I did not change any vars except disabling infected from being joined (with the var in the .cfg). Literally the SIs were spawning non stop in groups of 3-4. While this is GOOD for training and skills etc and for ppl that are bored with expert I would like to play normally in coop. So my questions is, is this plugin spawning infected in a more aggresiove mode or was it just my impression?

3) (linked to 2) ) is it possible to add something (or already there) to disable the plugin completely in coop? I know I can use sm plugins unload etc.smx, but usually I forget - so can the plugin detect gamemode x and disable itself / do nothing ? What woudl I need to add / change in the code - I saw the gamemode case switch...take the case out for 1 - will this do it (I have a feeling not)

Thank you

1) no, not really. you just play as the infected but you den't get any of the features of versus (like, for example, hitting multiple survivors as the tank)

2) director spawning was off, probably. set it on next time, having infected every 25 seconds can be very difficult in campaigns where such a thing is not supported.

3) l4d_infectedbots_directors_spawn 1

have fun
lexantis
Old 03-21-2010 , 10:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Bots (1.9.0)
Reply With Quote #966

can you make it so that when on survival mode and using bots, they cant spawn until the start switch is pressed?
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
TacKLER
Old 03-21-2010 , 13:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Bots (1.9.0)
Reply With Quote #967

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTR.2 View Post

however i am not sure fi that fixes anything, i tried it and double SI keep spawning, i think is determined by chapter, meaning you habe to make the change manually (everytime a round starts, type in the console sm_cvar Z_smoker_limit 1)

Thanks for your tips, but the most bothering problem is actually not double spawning...instead it is the SI not spawning after events

Really hope that this can be fixed...
TacKLER
Old 03-21-2010 , 13:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Bots (1.9.0)
Reply With Quote #968

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTR.2 View Post

Thanks for your tips, but double spawning is actually not the major problem. What bother the game play most is the SI not spawning after events.

Really hope that this will be fixed...
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2010 , 13:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Bots (1.9.0)
Reply With Quote #969

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
can you make it so that when on survival mode and using bots, they cant spawn until the start switch is pressed?
...never expereinced something like that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacKLER View Post
Thanks for your tips, but double spawning is actually not the major problem. What bother the game play most is the SI not spawning after events.

Really hope that this will be fixed...
can you describe more the problem?
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2010 , 14:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Infected Bots (1.9.0)
Reply With Quote #970

Does this finally allow Left 4 Dead 2 to have more than 2 infected at one time? Or is L4d2 Still hardcoded? And what about disabling jockey and charger?
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR