Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

sourceMM sourcemod crashes servers after update? *fixed now FYI

Post New Thread Reply   

Shiverwarp
Old 05-03-2008 , 00:04   Re: sourceMM sourcemod crashes servers after update?
Reply With Quote #81

I seem to get server lag on granary with this new snapshot for some reason...
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-03-2008 , 00:31   Re: sourceMM sourcemod crashes servers after update?
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
I turned on -debug but I dont know how to get gdb working on these core dumps.
If you haven't already, you may need to run the following in order to get usable core dumps: ulimit -c unlimited
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-03-2008 , 03:08   Re: sourceMM sourcemod crashes servers after update?
Reply With Quote #83

BTW the tracespray plugin doesn't cause any problems for me, just the medikits plugin. I even have "sm_medipacks 0" and
"sm_medipacks_ubercharge 0", so it basically does nothing, and still after a few hours, crash. Nobody else has access to the sm_ubercharge command, so I know that is not being executed. But it still crashes regularly after 15-20 minutes.
I disabled only medikits and its been running for several hours without a crash.

And I have a core file, just gdb wont load it. I found this old thread, I'll try running my server with the method mani posted. That was in 2006 though, is there a better way now? srcds_run is even supposed to put some stuff in debug.log but it is always blank.
If I can find a reproducible way to crash it, I'll post that along with the output of "bt" in gdb. If there's anything else I can run to help, let me know.

Last edited by ratty; 05-03-2008 at 03:13.
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-03-2008 , 11:28   Re: sourceMM sourcemod crashes servers after update? *fixed now FYI
Reply With Quote #84

Yesh, updating to the new snapshot builds that have fixes for the new tf2 stuff got all plugins working normally again.
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-03-2008 , 13:03   Re: sourceMM sourcemod crashes servers after update? *fixed now FYI
Reply With Quote #85

Just a quick correction of myself, stupid newbie me, yes I had to change it to ulimit -c unlimited, for some reason I thought it would just write no core dump, or a full complete one, not a truncated useless core dump! So now that I set it unlimited, I can now run proper backtraces when the server crashes.
So I guess the last issue is with the tf2 extension? That would be my assumption.
dann
Old 05-03-2008 , 22:26   Re: sourceMM sourcemod crashes servers after update? *fixed now FYI
Reply With Quote #86

so do I need the latest "release" 1.0.0.1946 or do I need the latest "snapshot" ?

do I still need to replace these files if i change to a snapshot?
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...7&postcount=25

thanks
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2008 , 22:27   Re: sourceMM sourcemod crashes servers after update? *fixed now FYI
Reply With Quote #87

Use the latest 1.1 snapshot release. 1.0 snapshot may work too but im using 1.1 with no problems.

dann
Old 05-03-2008 , 22:57   Re: sourceMM sourcemod crashes servers after update? *fixed now FYI
Reply With Quote #88

alright sounds good, do I need to change those 2 files still or are they already updated with the latest snapshot?
blissend
Old 05-04-2008 , 00:04   Re: sourceMM sourcemod crashes servers after update? *fixed now FYI
Reply With Quote #89

Just to confirm sourcemod 2123 works great with all the mods I use and vanilla stuff. I've been running it all day with both of my 32 player servers full.