Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Jetpack

Post New Thread Reply   

L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 10-08-2006 , 22:03   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #81

I doubt I will add a model to this. It is possible (I've attached models of a different sort in a test plugin, AWE XP) but it is a lot of work and it breaks easily on updates.

The sound could be changed easily if there is another sound in the standard HL2/CSS sound set that you like better (it has to be a looping sound). I don't want to add a custom sound because so many people have cl_downloadfilter on that a lot of players wouldn't hear it.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 10-09-2006 , 11:23   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #82

The rocket launcher's rocket sound (not the shooting, but the consistent sound of when it's flying)
TwistedPair
Old 10-20-2006 , 22:29   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #83

Don't want to parrot but, damn fine plugin sir. I run your weapon restricts2, VIP, and this one.

I know this one isn't your top priority, but I was curious if it's just me, or if typing "jetpack" is only returns info via the server console itself...?

If it's not just me, I would love for players to be able to type that in their console to see if it's on or not, and it would allow me to set up some announcements for the uninitiated.

Probably the most amusing thing about Jetpack is when someone logs in who's not familiar with it, sees people flying around and starts shouting "HACKS!". That's also a bit frustrating though because that person ends up leaving before we get a chance to explain it.
chuck
BANNED
Old 10-20-2006 , 23:05   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #84

all the noobs on my server accuse everyone of haxing when they see people flying around..lol

and yes, damn fine plugin..
xlkiller
Old 10-28-2006 , 11:58   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #85

This plugin work in DOD Source ?
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2006 , 14:40   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlkiller View Post
This plugin work in DOD Source ?
No. I've never tried changing a player's movetype in DODS so I don't know if it could be modified or not. I do know that it there's no posiibility of it working in HL2.
TwistedPair
Old 10-30-2006 , 15:42   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPair View Post
I know this one isn't your top priority, but I was curious if it's just me, or if typing "jetpack" is only returns info via the server console itself...?

If it's not just me, I would love for players to be able to type that in their console to see if it's on or not, and it would allow me to set up some announcements for the uninitiated.
Did I get overlooked?

Any chance you can add that functionality, or does it exist and I'm missing it...?
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2006 , 22:28   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #88

I haven't added anything like that for the players to know if it is off or on. It's a good idea though.

Lex Talionis added a "jetpack" command to the mani config that showed a webpage telling players how it worked and how to bind a key.
TwistedPair
Old 11-01-2006 , 14:30   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #89

That's exactly what I do too. Mani's webshortcutlist.txt which loads up http://deathcomesripping.nuclearfall...t/jetpkhlp.htm when someone types jetpk or jetpack in say.

Glad you like the idea on the command. Having that return something in client consoles would make this absolutely perfect.

chuck
BANNED
Old 11-01-2006 , 15:23   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #90

On my server i have jetpack instructions on the MOTD. I have "type motd for jetpack instructions" set to show in adverts every 10 seconds. Seems to work well although we still get alot of people that are either too lazy or too stupid to follow the instructions. They usually snap out of it though and follow the instructions after they start getting pwned.