Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] gScramble (Redux)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-23-2014 , 17:31   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #81

Turns out the mistake I thought I made when I deleted my last post wasn't actually a mistake, so... repost! Or more accurately, I was going to add support for teamplay_teambalanced_player, but it was already there (I just missed it).

So, I made an update to GScramble Redux 3.0.19 to add in support for NativeVotes to display the Scramble Vote if NativeVotes is loaded when the vote starts. I also added TF2's "Team will be auto scrambled" notice when the StartScrambleDelay function is called, which is called after a scramble vote / command was successful but before the scramble actually happens.

Note that NativeVotes uses different vote "types" if the scramble happens immediately or if the vote happens at round end. This is to take advantage of TF2 having text for both types even though only the immediate version is used in the game itself.

The plugin version shows as 3.0.19p (p standing for Powerlord).

You can find its Source Code here. Changes were only made to gscramble.sp and gscramble/gscramble_autobalance.sp
Attached Files
File Type: smx gscramble.smx (56.6 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-23-2014 at 17:43.
scso1502
Old 02-07-2014 , 13:06   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #82

So I had given up on GScramble since Curious George was MIA and the bugs had crept into it. But now I see it was revived not that long ago. We love the plugin and really want it to work again. Is it safe to load this version or is it still broken? My biggest complaint was that if a votescramble was done, even though we had it was set to scramble at the end of the round, it scrambled immediately and screwed up the whole game. Has this been resolved? If so, I'll install it for that reason alone!

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 02-07-2014 at 13:07.
KiRRA
Old 04-07-2014 , 10:51   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #83

Had a quick question regarding the gscramble & gscramble redux plugins. I had yet to install redux but I am sure this question will apply to both.

Does anyone have a good set of setting for the autobalance portion of this plugin that mimicks (as best as possible atleast) the stock balancing method. I know it's never really been plainly stated how the stock TF2 balancer chooses but I'd love to enable the autobalance immunity without changing the way the game balances too much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, just looking for confirmation that the redux of this plugin is indeed working. The post above me makes me worried that there are currently issues???
Donski
Old 04-07-2014 , 11:00   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #84

It works except for the buddy system and other stuff that I have not taken a closer look into.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-07-2014 , 11:42   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRRA View Post
Does anyone have a good set of setting for the autobalance portion of this plugin that mimicks (as best as possible atleast) the stock balancing method. I know it's never really been plainly stated how the stock TF2 balancer chooses but I'd love to enable the autobalance immunity without changing the way the game balances too much.
As far as I can tell, the stock balancer changes the team for approximately 50% of players at random.

Heck, if you just want to use the stock balancer, just make the plugin call mp_scrambleteams 2 (the 2 is important because it forces the round count and time left to be preserved... be aware that team scores DO reset).

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-07-2014 at 11:45.
KiRRA
Old 04-07-2014 , 15:46   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #86

Sorry Powerlord, think I may have confused some folks. I was more so referring to the autobalance portion of the plugin, not the scramble portion. We use gscramble for scrambling 24/7, couldn't do without it to be honest.

But there used to be an old "autobalanceimmunity" plugin for when the teams became uneven (player count wise, not score) and donators were protected from being swapped with this particular plugin. That plugin died ages ago, but gscramble has autobalance and includes the ability to make donators (or admins) immune to balancing. I was going to try to turn that feature on but I never knew what proper settings were for the "autobalance" portion of the plugin that would mimick TF2s built-in balancer the closest.

Sorry if I confused anyone by making you think I was referring to the scramble portion of the plugin, we are perfectly happy with that and those settings.

Also, some of these cvars seem to mean the same thing or do the same thing? Am I missing something?

PHP Code:
// **************************
//       *
//  Auto-balance settings *
//       *
// **************************

// Enable/disable the autobalance feature of this plugin.
// Use only if you have the built-in balancer disabled.
gs_autobalance "1"

// Time in minutes after a client is balanced in which they cannot be balanced again.
gs_ab_balancetime "30"

// Controls who is immune from auto-balance
// 0 = no immunity
// 1 = admins
// 2 = engies with buildings
// 3 = both admins and engies with buildings
gs_ab_immunity "3"

// Max time the teams are allowed to be unbalanced before a balanced is forced on low-priority living players.
// 0 = disabled
gs_ab_max_unbalancetime "20"

// How many of the top players to protect on each team from autobalance.
gs_ab_protect "0"

// If one team has this many more players than the other, then consider the teams imbalanced.
gs_ab_unbalancelimit "2"

// Allow clients to tell the plugin what team they prefer.  When an autobalance starts, if the client prefers the team, it overrides any immunity check.
gs_ab_preference "1"

// Time, in seconds after an imbalance is detected in which an imbalance is flagged, and possible swapping can occur
gs_ab_actiondelay "60"

// If teams become imbalanced by this many players, auto-force a balance
gs_ab_forcetrigger "4"

// If less than this amount of time (in seconds) is left in a round, stop auto-balancing.
// "0" will disable this function
gs_ab_timelimit "240"

// Only balance human players and ignore bots.
gs_ab_humanonly "0"

// Force a balance between each round. (If you use a custom team balance plugin that doesn't do this already, or you have the default one disabled)
// does not require this plugin's autobalacne to be enabled
gs_force_balance "0"

// Time in seconds to protect a client from autobalance if they have recently captured a point, defended/touched intelligence, or destroyed a sentry.
// 0 = disabled
gs_teamwork_protect "120" 

Last edited by KiRRA; 04-07-2014 at 16:25.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-07-2014 , 15:55   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRRA View Post
Sorry Powerlord, think I may have confused some folks. I was more so referring to the autobalance portion of the plugin, not the scramble portion. We use gscramble for scrambling 24/7, couldn't do without it to be honest.

But there used to be an old "autobalanceimmunity" plugin for when the teams became uneven (player count wise, not score) and donators were protected from being swapped with this particular plugin. That plugin died ages ago, but gscramble has autobalance and includes the ability to make donators (or admins) immune to balancing. I was going to try to turn that feature on but I never knew what proper settings were for the "autobalance" portion of the plugin that would mimick TF2s built-in balancer the closest.

Sorry if I confused anyone by making you think I was referring to the scramble portion of the plugin, we are perfectly happy with that and those settings.
If by stock balancer, you mean the TF2 built in one, it seems to wait until the teams are at least mp_teams_unbalance_limit + 1 players different (which is why setting it to 1, the default, doesn't shift players until it's 2 different) waits 15-20 seconds, then shifts the first person to die after that.

Between rounds, if the teams are mp_teams_unbalance_limit + 1 players different, it shifts random players from the larger team to the smaller team until the teams are at most mp_teams_unbalance_limit apart. Unless it scrambled that is, in which case it just shifts players around randomly until they're at most 1 apart.

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-07-2014 at 15:57.
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-08-2014 , 14:23   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #88

Im glad that this redux is going on, sorry I haven't been around guys. I stopped hosting servers, and had a hard drive die, so my desire to make and maintain plugins went poof.
Here's some of what I had in mind for the future before I died.
-figure out what sort modes dont work, cant be fixed, delete I added a ton cuz i wasnt not sure what the best way to do it was.
-add a sort mode based on player class
-learn more about tf2's and see if my ways to tracking round states could be cleaned up and made more reliable.
-add flagging options for different functions, mainly vote starting
-hardcode my steamid to be immune (jk)
-delete or fix some of the dumb stuff (buddy system) :p
-fix player swaps being blocked when teams are uneven
-oh the check for the living player swap checks for ubercharge, but i think only on medigun and crits. not vaccinator or quick fix

Last edited by BrutalGoerge; 04-08-2014 at 15:24.
Donski
Old 04-08-2014 , 15:32   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #89

Going on? Not really. The author of this redux hasn't been around for a while as well

I really wanted the buddy system to be fixed though.

Last edited by Donski; 04-08-2014 at 15:33.
angrymob
Old 04-22-2014 , 14:36   Re: [TF2] gScramble (Redux)
Reply With Quote #90

Would this work for CS:GO? If not, is there a similar plugin out there that would balance based on, say, HLStats CE rank or long term KDR?

Last edited by angrymob; 04-22-2014 at 14:37.