Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

Striker black
Old 03-22-2021 , 00:45   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
Thanks, updated.
Hello Marttt,

Thank you for upgrading, you can do so they only have 2 character change attempts per map

!s , !f "[SCS]!you reached the maximum allowable change limit per round!"

Thank you!
Old 04-06-2021 , 13:26   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #842

I have a question about this plugin (I am using Merudo's Survivor Chat Select 1.6.1 (Forked))

Whenever I change model from L4D1 survivors to L4D2 in L4D1 maps, the icon and the first person arms remains as L4D1 survivors.

Changing Zoey to Rochelle turns the whole model (Including voice) to Rochelle, but her arms and icon appears as Zoey. The same goes for the rest of the L4D2 models.

Is this normal?
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2021 , 01:04   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku View Post
I have a question about this plugin (I am using Merudo's Survivor Chat Select 1.6.1 (Forked))

Whenever I change model from L4D1 survivors to L4D2 in L4D1 maps, the icon and the first person arms remains as L4D1 survivors.

Changing Zoey to Rochelle turns the whole model (Including voice) to Rochelle, but her arms and icon appears as Zoey. The same goes for the rest of the L4D2 models.

Is this normal?
Yes.
Maku
Old 04-07-2021 , 02:35   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
Yes.
Okay, thanks for letting me know!
Shao
Old 04-07-2021 , 12:53   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku View Post

Is this normal?
It's possible to fix this by editing the mission files in the vpk's, however it requires everyone to have the files and the work can be tedious. Just to shed some light on the issue thing, L4D1 maps have no idea that L4D2 exists due to the way that Valve has ported L4D1 content, this is why everything uses an equivalent place holder.
LordVGames
Old 07-25-2021 , 03:02   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #846

Does the versus scoring fix for l4d1 survivors in l4d2 campaigns/vice versa still work? It makes me appear as "dead" for the versus scoring wherever I changed characters.
Le0nidas
Old 11-02-2021 , 16:55   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #847

Hey sorry if this has already been asked before I'm new to this and just set this up, I'm using the 2.5 A version of the mod on my server, but I'm limited to the survivors from their original campaigns? Is there a most recent version of the mod that I can use to play as ANY Survivor from ANY campaign? I'm going to be playing with a 5-6 man group and we're trying to avoid having duplicate survivors.
thewintersoldier97
Old 11-04-2021 , 09:03   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #848

Quote:
-snip-
Hello Martt, my server is currently running your CSM version along side with Merudo's The Passing CSM Fix 2.0, but the L4D1 survivors bot on that map seem like just vanished, no interaction, no helping on final map, no matter if I'm playing as the L4D1 or L4D2 survivors...

Spoiler

Looking for some fun!
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-04-2021 , 09:17   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #849

I did this a long time ago maybe has better newer versions. I also don't support it anymore.
Btw usually the fix is removing the survivors for 4+ modded servers, that's why they don't appear.
Is a trade-off to make the campaign playable. Maybe there is another workaround but I don't have to analyse now.
Old 11-05-2021 , 00:04   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #850

Quote:
I did this a long time ago maybe has better newer versions. I also don't support it anymore.
Btw usually the fix is removing the survivors for 4+ modded servers, that's why they don't appear.
Is a trade-off to make the campaign playable. Maybe there is another workaround but I don't have to analyse now.
Damn, thanks for explaining Marttt. Hope someone will come up with a workaround

Looking for some fun!