Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

terminator2k2
Old 06-10-2010 , 08:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #831

right ive got my host looking over this with me but 1 thing i cant change as it upsets the website is the config.php on the website..... when ever i change $mysql_server = "127.0.0.1"; the site doesnt work......is this the correct settings? or am i supposed to leave the $mysql_server = "127.0.0.1"; as is?

// MySQL information for L4D Stats DB
$mysql_server = "127.0.0.1";
$mysql_db = "chris2k2_doa";
$mysql_user = "chris2k2_chris2k";
$mysql_password = "******";
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2010 , 08:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #832

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator2k2 View Post
right ive got my host looking over this with me but 1 thing i cant change as it upsets the website is the config.php on the website..... when ever i change $mysql_server = "127.0.0.1"; the site doesnt work......is this the correct settings? or am i supposed to leave the $mysql_server = "127.0.0.1"; as is?

$mysql_server = "127.0.0.1";
$mysql_db = "chris2k2_doa";
$mysql_user = "chris2k2_chris2k";
$mysql_password = "******";
Technically that looks OK. If your MySQL service is hosted at the same server, it should work. But if you use that same login from your game server (located in some other computer), it will fail unless you have remote access filter set to % (which allows connecting from anywhere). In that case, you must have a second login for the game server and remote access set correctly from the game server IP.

Did I understand you correctly: If you change $mysql_server to for example the WAN IP of the server or some other than the localhost IP (127.0.0.1), the web stats stop working?

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.

Last edited by muukis; 06-10-2010 at 08:41.
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 06-10-2010 , 08:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #833

127.0.0.1 is if you after running the database and website on same server..

You mentioned your database is at deadonarrival.eahosters.info, which if you ping, the ip for that url is 64.120.253.90

Your config.php first couple lines would be:

$mysql_server = "localhost";
$mysql_db = "aaquac5_l4d2stats";
$mysql_user = "aaquac5_game";
$mysql_password = "password";

If your database and website are not on the same server, then you change the $mysql_server line.

Last edited by .=QUACK=.Major.pain; 06-10-2010 at 08:42.
terminator2k2
Old 06-10-2010 , 12:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #834

hi there, it is on the same server so that should be correct then.....

im just trying to narrow things down as to what is causing it not to connect.....

according to my cpanel all the details in my server cfg are correct......

ive put the l4d_stats.smx in plugins folder
ive put the l4d_stats.txt in gamedata folder

i never had this happen before where the server timeouts even if the details are incorrect......it usualy comes back on line within seconds of a server restart......

im using an older version aswell which i know was working on my game server...before my previouse host disapeared "Custom Player Stats" (1.4B66)

ive also tried the new version........exactley the same......
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2010 , 14:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #835

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator2k2 View Post
hi there, it is on the same server so that should be correct then.....

im just trying to narrow things down as to what is causing it not to connect.....

according to my cpanel all the details in my server cfg are correct......

ive put the l4d_stats.smx in plugins folder
ive put the l4d_stats.txt in gamedata folder

i never had this happen before where the server timeouts even if the details are incorrect......it usualy comes back on line within seconds of a server restart......

im using an older version aswell which i know was working on my game server...before my previouse host disapeared "Custom Player Stats" (1.4B66)

ive also tried the new version........exactley the same......
So in another words, you had a working Custom Player Stats environment before, but for some reason it does not work for you anymore? And the reason for the failure is not necessarily in the new version of the plugin, because the old version that used to work fine, does not work anymore? Did I get it right?

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
DmanWCG
Old 06-10-2010 , 14:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #836

You know what. I had the exact same problem after I upgraded after the passing and using the latest release here a few weeks later. I could not get it connecting and nothing changed. I ended up exporting users stats and making a new DB, then imporing stats back in via PHPMYAdmin
Old 06-10-2010 , 14:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #837

@mukkis yea i had them working before and after the passing update using "Custom Player Stats" (1.4B66) i also upgraded the site and stats a couple of weeks ago to a newer version and everything was fine....it was all working fine till my web/mysql host disapeared......so ive now found a new host and havent had them working since......old or new versions of your stats

my servers are also linux.........

ive also had the game server reinstall l4d2 and a clean install of source and metamod.....

update:

ive just put the latest files on game server and website......

game server loads up fine with no errors and stats plugin shows up in hslw..no errors, but when i try to join the game, the server crashes....no errors either

does any one have " Custom Player Stats v1.4B76 " i can try? this was the last known version i had working......

update: same as above with v1.4B76

starting to think this is a linux game server problem

Last edited by terminator2k2; 06-10-2010 at 16:55.
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 06-10-2010 , 17:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #838

And you said you added your ip 89.238.163.198 in the remotesql to allow access to your stats website database?

Another question, more for Muukis:

I do notice that he uses a different ports for his game server.
28012 appears in the banner in his posts.

I know mine uses 27015 which I think that is standard for the North American hosts.

Would the port cause issues?
terminator2k2
Old 06-10-2010 , 18:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #839

hi there, yes i added the game server ip addy to the mysql allowed ip connections......

im sure this is a linux game server problem as before with the older stats and the correct details the server crashes on startup......

and with the new stats, the server starts but crashes on player join......

could these be linked in any way ?

also is there anyone willing to give me there databases.cfg and l4d_stats plugin so i can verify it is my game server and not anything else.?

this would only take 2 seconds to prove? then the person would have to allow my game server to connect to there mysql database.........

im not gonna hijack anyones stats hehe......just to prove its what i think....

****does the latest stats work with l4d? as i have just booted my l4d server up and have exactley the same problem on there.......****

cheers chris

Last edited by terminator2k2; 06-10-2010 at 18:39.
GrossKopf
Old 06-10-2010 , 18:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B101
Reply With Quote #840

I have L4D stats set up to get stats from 3 servers that are running the custom campaign "I Hate Mountains" for L4D. Unforunately it seems at some point that one of the servers switched over to some of the stock maps, so those stats were recorded in my database.

Is there a way to block stats from being recorded if they are from maps other than ones that I specify?