Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D1+2] Perkmod

Post New Thread Reply   

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2009 , 05:39   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #71

About your Double Trouble woes: Check my Dual Tank Plugin for reference.

You must spawn the second tank AFTER the lottery is through, or he will disappear.

Does your tank counter (using player_death) work fine? I tried using the tank_death event initially but its seemingly random
Edhmelus
Old 08-08-2009 , 06:18   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by tPoncho View Post
Update! (finally... phew)

After a fair bit of extensive playtesting (thanks to spiderlemur!) I think I've gotten rid of much of the game-breaking tank bugs, however two major ones still remain: Double Trouble doesn't always spawn a second tank; and with Double Trouble (again), when two tanks are alive and one becomes frustrated, the frustrated tank disappears. Gone. Not even a corpse, which makes me suspect Valve left some code that tries to only allow one tank to be alive in versus. Gonna hafta find a way around that...

Also included a crapload of more CVars to disable perks - you even get to choose which gamemode a survivor perk gets enabled or disabled in. There's another to disable Spirit from messing with the survivor_allow_crawling CVar, and added in more details to the descriptions to show what range of values will be used by the plugin.

Also, thanks to AtomicStryker's ingeniuty, I managed to get the original incarnation of Speed Demon working - Grasshopper, which allows the hunter to pounce 20% faster/farther.

I might adjust some of the default values for perks; ie., Tongue Twister seems too powerful compared to other smoker perks in its current state, and metabolic boost might be a little too fast. Also, look for a new boomer perk that will allow vomiting while running in the next release!

Again, big thanks to spiderlemur for letting me use his server!

Mh. IMO. that in double trouble not always a tank spawns, is okay <.< should make it a 50% chance or so, because it's simply very powerful to have 2 tanks even if at 70% HP.
Edhmelus
Old 08-08-2009 , 06:19   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #73

Going to test the new plugin update later on my server again, I tried to fix the tankbug myself by manually raising TankHP to 10K so that the 4K get removed => regular tankHP are usually 6K, so that wouldn't make a difference.
Edhmelus
Old 08-08-2009 , 07:12   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #74

Grasshopper seems to be nice from reading but.. I will miss speed demon horribly much ._. Was too much fun to be removed!

Can't you add some kind of speed demon perk back in seperatedly from grasshopper? <_< Like with just speed increase, that being 30-40% instead of 60%.
spiderlemur
Old 08-08-2009 , 13:54   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #75

Your debug messages are still there for me
Send a message via AIM to spiderlemur
Edhmelus
Old 08-08-2009 , 15:28   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlemur View Post
Your debug messages are still there for me

And yes, that too - It's spamming a bit at times. Could you try to hide them ? <.<;;
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-08-2009 , 16:06   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #77

I don't know if you're willing to do this, but heck, you've written this BOOK of a plugin ..

- for better managing id suggest SPLITTING it for individual Perk Plugins of all Player Classes.

- dump changing game server convars, at all

- also, dump the Double Trouble Perk. Its too much a GameChange to work with other Plugins

Also, at some points in the Plugin you use constant values for things server owners might have set differently in their .cfgs. For example you assume everyone has pz_claw_damage 6 (Hunter Claw Damage), or that every server uses the default gun ammo settings.
spiderlemur
Old 08-08-2009 , 16:21   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #78

He was debugging on my server to try to fix melee fatigue, I guess he forgot to remove it =\
Send a message via AIM to spiderlemur
Edhmelus
Old 08-08-2009 , 16:44   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #79

Well, I also see debug lines..

Teamswap phase end ect.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2009 , 06:59   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #80

As for Martial Artist not working, i believe the solution is rather simple

change

PHP Code:
SetEntData(i,g_iMeleeFatigueO,0); 
to

PHP Code:
SetEntData(iCid,g_iMeleeFatigueO,0); 
You use your MA index integer instead of the client index integer.

Im currently customizing a version for myself, with no global var changes (have to whip up custom perks too, mostly Smoker). I hope you dont mind ^^