Jetpack

Post New Thread Reply   

naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-09-2008 , 13:41   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinux View Post
Negative the console is clean, no missing file messages or so, imo this issue is L4D + SM related.
Hmmm.. a purple (pink/black) checkerboard happens when there is a missing texture. I would think there would be messages about said missing texture in the client's console (not necessarily the server).

The cause is indeed most likely that L4D does not have the textures that the energy splash tempent uses, which is why I suggested finding which texture that is and copying it(them?) from TF2, CSS or some other mod that has it.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-11-2008 , 18:14   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #72

Here is another tweak to the jetack for that adds a sm_jetpack_noflag to prevent flag carriers from using the jetpack in TF2. This flag is automatically turned off for mods other than TF2.
Attached Files
File Type: inc jetpack.inc (4.0 KB, 143 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (jetpack.sp - 531 views - 41.1 KB)
File Type: smx jetpack.smx (20.8 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by naris; 01-26-2010 at 14:28.
bitchslap
Old 12-24-2008 , 11:10   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #73

cant get this working on my server.

Running :

EmpiresMod 2.2 (orangebox engine)
Metamod 1.7
Sourcemod 1.0.4 (also tried 1.1 snapshot hg2425)

any ideas? it loads fine and cfg runs but it crashes the server and simply doesn't work. Its is bindable and the cvar is recognized.
iggythepop
Old 01-05-2009 , 14:47   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #74

Naris was wondering if you could do alittle more work on the jetpack off a L duke reconmendation

Iggythepop from the L.duke meta mod jetpack thread
Quote:
I know Ive threaded ya before on this. Is there anyway that you could just recompile this plugin to the updated meta mod? The movement is so much better. And I installed and got a crash. No biggie if ya dont just would be nice your pack is better even with the sound.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=83150
Reply back from L.Duke same thread
Quote:
I don't have the code, but it basically just changes the movetype to MOVETYPE_FLY and starts/stops a sound. It could easily be done in SM by anyone who can do even basic plugins.
both quotes come from this metamod jetpack plugin
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...=39717&page=15

Anyway was wondering maybe if Naris you could or someone else who understands
coding could make the change L.Duke speaks of in his quote to make the source mod
jetpack fly more like the meta mod jetpack with more forward movement instead of straight up lift when the binded key is pushed. This is better for lunging forward or swooping in fast from high altitudes and getting a good knive this will be running on CSS 24/7 Hangumhigh Gungame DM Turbo. Hope that sounds rite and isnt too drawn out. Thx Iggy

Last edited by iggythepop; 01-06-2009 at 02:13.
Hex.
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-24-2009 , 15:13   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #75

Um i play a game that has 2 phases, build and combat i want it to work in build only, in ftp you have not only server.cfg but phase_build.cfg and phase_combat is there a commad i can put in build.cfg to do it in this only?
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-24-2009 , 16:04   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex. View Post
Um i play a game that has 2 phases, build and combat i want it to work in build only, in ftp you have not only server.cfg but phase_build.cfg and phase_combat is there a commad i can put in build.cfg to do it in this only?
sm_jetpack 1 // enable jetpack
sm_jetpack 0 // disable hetpack
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-24-2009 , 16:08   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggythepop View Post
Anyway was wondering maybe if Naris you could or someone else who understands coding could make the change L.Duke speaks of in his quote to make the source mod jetpack fly more like the meta mod jetpack with more forward movement instead of straight up lift when the binded key is pushed.
Currently the plugin sets the movetype to MOVETYPE_FLYGRAVITY. You can use a simple search & replace using any editor to change that to MOVETYPE_FLY, which is what L.Duke used and then re-compile it.

Also, there is no such word as "binded" -- you should use bound instead.

//I haven't finded binded in any dictionary...

Last edited by naris; 03-24-2009 at 16:11.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-24-2009 , 16:28   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggythepop View Post
make the change L.Duke speaks of in his quote to make the source mod jetpack fly more like the meta mod jetpack
Modified jetpack to add a new parameter:
sm_jetpack_gravity: Set to 1 to have gravity affect the jetpack (MOVETYPE_FLYGRAVITY), 0 for no gravity (MOVETYPE_FLY) deafults to 1.

Set sm_jetpack_gravity to 0 to work like L.Duke's metamod plugin.

Also incorporated topmessage.inc into jetpack.sp so web compiler can compile it.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (jetpack.sp - 634 views - 26.7 KB)
File Type: inc jetpack.inc (3.8 KB, 199 views)
iggythepop
Old 05-21-2009 , 23:16   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #79

The Jetpack has lost its lift after the spy sniper update.
It now just skims the floor.

Edit: Fixed with new snapshot 121 hg 2695

Last edited by iggythepop; 05-22-2009 at 01:46. Reason: fixed
tommytoy
Old 06-16-2009 , 13:59   Re: Jetpack
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
Modified jetpack to add a new parameter:
sm_jetpack_gravity: Set to 1 to have gravity affect the jetpack (MOVETYPE_FLYGRAVITY), 0 for no gravity (MOVETYPE_FLY) deafults to 1.

Set sm_jetpack_gravity to 0 to work like L.Duke's metamod plugin.

Also incorporated topmessage.inc into jetpack.sp so web compiler can compile it.
Hello,

I have installed your Jetpack plugin on my HL2DM server and it works greatly. I have customized the sound, just like the Jetpack from SourceOp; here it is : sm_jetpack_sound "ambient/gas/cannister_loop.wav"

Now the reasonwhy I am posting you is about the way the players have to bind a key to make the Jetpack fly. Some players do not have acces at there console because of the type of keybord the have, I know it is easy to fix it by binding a key to toggleconsole in there autoexec.cfg file. But wen I am playing on the server I pass about 1 to 2 hours just explanning to people how to manipulate and create an autoexec.cfg file.

It would me much easyer if you could had a menu like on your plugin for binding, again just like SourceOp did. For example, you type in the chat area !jetpack (enter), you press the escape key to acces the menu and there you are. Fist menu would be to acces the lettre A to lettre F, G to L, M to Q, R to V, W to Z... arrow and special thing to.

Lets say you pressed the A to F menu, then another menu appears so you select A, B, C, D, E, F. In this case if I select the C, automaticly it will bind C +jetpack.

Thats it and it work perfectly.

So could you do it please, i'm not a coder because I would of done it myself.

Sorry for my bad english, usually I speak french.

Thank You!

TOMMYTOY alias LMPQ M*A*R*I*O