Module: Fake Server Queries

Post New Thread Reply   

Neeeeeeeeeel.-
Some Guy Yellin'
Old 01-21-2015 , 14:06   Re: Module: Fake Server Queries
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokomo View Post
Well done valve, you did a good job to filter fakeclient. But your GoldSrc engine still sucks as always.
It is a 17 years old game engine and a loooooooooooooooooooooot of people is still having fun with games using it, how can you say it sucks?
Surprise Ascot!
Old 01-21-2015 , 15:00   Re: Module: Fake Server Queries
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeeeeeeeeel.- View Post
It is a 17 years old game engine and a loooooooooooooooooooooot of people is still having fun with games using it, how can you say it sucks?
Because they allow fakeserver to be listed on their masterserver.

**Edited**

And because of that shitty fakeserver, The real server with playable bot is meaningless. Imagine.. you have a server with 6 playable bots on server (0 human) and player just tick "Has user playing" and then your server disappear from serverbrowser because of that bot filter thing. I use bot to motive player to stay on server and wait for others to join. And now it useless..
✅ MultiMod -- 103.179.44.152:27016
✅ Zombie Plague -- 103.179.44.152:27015
✅ Zombie Escape -- 103.179.44.152:27017
✅ Klassik Kombat -- 103.179.44.152:27018
✅ Boss-Battle -- 103.179.44.152:27019

Last edited by yokomo; 01-21-2015 at 15:06.
meTaLiCroSS
Gaze Upon My Hat
Old 01-21-2015 , 15:37   Re: Module: Fake Server Queries
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Because they allow fakeserver to be listed on their masterserver.

**Edited**

And because of that shitty fakeserver, The real server with playable bot is meaningless. Imagine.. you have a server with 6 playable bots on server (0 human) and player just tick "Has user playing" and then your server disappear from serverbrowser because of that bot filter thing. I use bot to motive player to stay on server and wait for others to join. And now it useless..
That's not fault of Valve or GoldSrc itself. Did the game was created for being edited? No sir, this is fault of us. We created all those craps. If you want players, make a nicely done server, don't wait for a bot trap for having people. If they don't like it, start thinking how shitty is your server. It's easy as pie
yokomo
Surprise Ascot!
Old 01-21-2015 , 21:06   Re: Module: Fake Server Queries
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by meTaLiCroSS View Post
That's not fault of Valve or GoldSrc itself. Did the game was created for being edited? No sir, this is fault of us. We created all those craps. If you want players, make a nicely done server, don't wait for a bot trap for having people. If they don't like it, start thinking how shitty is your server. It's easy as pie
Even classic public server with default amxmodx addons too.
✅ MultiMod -- 103.179.44.152:27016
✅ Zombie Plague -- 103.179.44.152:27015
✅ Zombie Escape -- 103.179.44.152:27017
✅ Klassik Kombat -- 103.179.44.152:27018
✅ Boss-Battle -- 103.179.44.152:27019
Shooting King
RAAASENGAN
Old 01-26-2015 , 06:53   Re: Module: Fake Server Queries
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Or this project is dead already?
I am here xD

Donate - Here

Last edited by Shooting King; 01-26-2015 at 06:53.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 02-06-2015 , 15:44   Re: Module: Fake Server Queries
Reply With Quote #76

I prefer to run my stuff on Linux, but module didn't load, so I tried it on windows and got same results. Stock amxmodx install with no additional plugins.

I even tried to re-compile it for Linux, but it didn't work either. This is my first time compiling a module on Linux, so chances that I made a mistake are pretty high.

PHP Code:
make
mkdir 
-p Release
mkdir 
-p Release/sdk
make 
-/home/steam/sdk/new/fake/Makefile fake_queries
make
[1]: Entering directory `/home/steam/sdk/new/fake'
gcc -I. -Isdk -Iinclude -I../sdk/hlsdk/ -I../sdk/hlsdk//public -I../sdk/hlsdk//common -I../sdk/hlsdk//dlls -I../sdk/hlsdk//engine -I../sdk/hlsdk//game_shared -I../sdk/metamod/metamod -DLINUX -DPAWN_CELL_SIZE=32 -DJIT -DASM32 -DHAVE_STDINT_H -fno-strict-aliasing -m32 -Wall -DNDEBUG -O2 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-delete-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -o Release/sdk/amxxmodule.o -c sdk/amxxmodule.cpp
In file included from sdk/dllapi.h:40:0,
                 from sdk/meta_api.h:40,
                 from sdk/amxxmodule.h:17,
                 from sdk/amxxmodule.cpp:40:
sdk/sdk_util.h: In function ‘char* ENTITY_KEYVALUE(edict_t*, const char*)’:
sdk/sdk_util.h:73:33: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
sdk/sdk_util.h: In function ‘void ENTITY_SET_KEYVALUE(edict_t*, const char*, const char*)’:
sdk/sdk_util.h:79:57: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
sdk/sdk_util.h:79:57: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
sdk/sdk_util.h: In function ‘void SET_SERVERINFO(const char*, const char*)’:
sdk/sdk_util.h:92:39: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
sdk/sdk_util.h:92:39: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
sdk/sdk_util.h: In function ‘void SET_LOCALINFO(const char*, const char*)’:
sdk/sdk_util.h:105:39: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
sdk/sdk_util.h:105:39: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
In file included from sdk/amxxmodule.cpp:40:0:
sdk/amxxmodule.h: At global scope:
sdk/amxxmodule.h:415:22: error: variable or field ‘UTIL_HudMessage’ declared void
sdk/amxxmodule.h:415:22: error: ‘CBaseEntity’ was not declared in this scope
sdk/amxxmodule.h:415:35: error: ‘pEntity’ was not declared in this scope
sdk/amxxmodule.h:415:44: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
sdk/amxxmodule.h:415:77: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
sdk/amxxmodule.cpp: In function ‘int Meta_Query(const char*, plugin_info_t**, mutil_funcs_t*)’:
sdk/amxxmodule.cpp:2243:104: error: declaration of C function ‘int Meta_Query(const char*, plugin_info_t**, mutil_funcs_t*)’ conflicts with
In file included from sdk/amxxmodule.h:17:0,
sdk/meta_api.h:134:17: error: previous declaration ‘int Meta_Query(char*, plugin_info_t**, mutil_funcs_t*)’ here
In file included from ../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/cbase.h:666:0,
                 from sdk/amxxmodule.cpp:3030:
../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/basemonster.h: At global scope:
../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/basemonster.h:21:2: error: ‘Activity’ does not name a type
../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/basemonster.h:22:2: error: ‘Activity’ does not name a type
../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/basemonster.h:47:10: error: ‘Activity’ does not name a type
../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/basemonster.h:48:2: error: ‘Activity’ does not name a type
sdk/amxxmodule.cpp: In function ‘void UTIL_LogPrintf(const char*, ...)’:
sdk/amxxmodule.cpp:3063:33: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
make[1]: *** [Release/sdk/amxxmodule.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory 
`/home/steam/sdk/new/fake'
make: *** [all] Error 2 
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 02-09-2015 , 12:38   Re: Module: Fake Server Queries
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxperts View Post
Good Job
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
Oh, don't quote me \o/.
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting King View Post
How are this, this and this useful ?

And please don't ask repeated (retarded) questions again and again. If it wasn't useful why would you think we will make it ? My intention is to make more players get into the server. If there is only one player on the server people will be refusing to join to the server. So we will use this module and show the wrong number, after a while all the player on the server will be real. And similarly isn't it interesting to give two names to the same server(and i am not forcing it) ? And why should server give its configuration (A2S_RULES) to others ? (I am talking about HL1 Games ONLY)
What about if VALVe would do some update so all the game servers will randomly show numbers in range : 16, 32 ?
Because, if they are empty, people will not join. Would you REALLY like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia View Post
That was just my opinion, if I join a server thinking it is full, but then see it is not and realize it fakes that information, I would never ever join that server.
And why should you hide your configuration to others? There is no point in hiding that information.
You've got a manager, owner and proprietary life. You should play no more. I mean, you've got so many cute reasons to hate a game server not playing on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joropito View Post
Also, some comments (not tested yet)

1- Hooking sendto isn't good. You can overload sendto calls under high traffic situations
2- I like you use chooker
3- It goes agains Valve's Policy of Truth so this should be deleted
4- There're better ways to achieve this (better in performance, but harder because responses are now handled by steamclient)
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_ninja View Post
There is a problem with loading the module. If I have it listed in the modules.ini on server start, the module loads and gives a running status but the functions do not work. However, if I have it unlist in modules.ini on server start and re-list it in modules.ini(while server is running) then restart map, its natives start working. Please fix this. It should work correctly loaded on start up not on post start up.

EDIT: Header from Server_SendTo() isn't very usefull when it not readable text. This is what it gives me. Completely unusable and does not match anything displayed on valve's wiki page about it.
Agreed. Get some eyeglasses so you can read them further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
I prefer to run my stuff on Linux, but module didn't load, so I tried it on windows and got same results. Stock amxmodx install with no additional plugins.

I even tried to re-compile it for Linux, but it didn't work either. This is my first time compiling a module on Linux, so chances that I made a mistake are pretty high.

PHP Code:
make
mkdir 
-p Release
mkdir 
-p Release/sdk
make 
-/home/steam/sdk/new/fake/Makefile fake_queries
make
[1]: Entering directory `/home/steam/sdk/new/fake'
gcc -I. -Isdk -Iinclude -I../sdk/hlsdk/ -I../sdk/hlsdk//public -I../sdk/hlsdk//common -I../sdk/hlsdk//dlls -I../sdk/hlsdk//engine -I../sdk/hlsdk//game_shared -I../sdk/metamod/metamod -DLINUX -DPAWN_CELL_SIZE=32 -DJIT -DASM32 -DHAVE_STDINT_H -fno-strict-aliasing -m32 -Wall -DNDEBUG -O2 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-delete-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -o Release/sdk/amxxmodule.o -c sdk/amxxmodule.cpp
In file included from sdk/dllapi.h:40:0,
                 from sdk/meta_api.h:40,
                 from sdk/amxxmodule.h:17,
sdk/sdk_util.h: In function ‘char* ENTITY_KEYVALUE(edict_t*, const char*)’:
sdk/sdk_util.h:73:33: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ [-fpermissive]
sdk/sdk_util.h: In function ‘void ENTITY_SET_KEYVALUE(edict_t*, const char*, const char*)’:
sdk/sdk_util.h: In function ‘void SET_SERVERINFO(const char*, const char*)’:
sdk/sdk_util.h: In function ‘void SET_LOCALINFO(const char*, const char*)’:
In file included from sdk/amxxmodule.cpp:40:0:
sdk/amxxmodule.h: At global scope:
sdk/amxxmodule.h:415:22: error: variable or field ‘UTIL_HudMessage’ declared void
sdk/amxxmodule.h:415:22: error: ‘CBaseEntity’ was not declared in this scope
sdk/amxxmodule.h:415:35: error: ‘pEntity’ was not declared in this scope
sdk/amxxmodule.h:415:44: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
sdk/amxxmodule.h:415:77: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
sdk/amxxmodule.cpp: In function ‘int Meta_Query(const char*, plugin_info_t**, mutil_funcs_t*)’:
sdk/amxxmodule.cpp:2243:104: error: declaration of C function ‘int Meta_Query(const char*, plugin_info_t**, mutil_funcs_t*)’ conflicts with
In file included from sdk/amxxmodule.h:17:0,
sdk/meta_api.h:134:17: error: previous declaration ‘int Meta_Query(char*, plugin_info_t**, mutil_funcs_t*)’ here
In file included from ../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/cbase.h:666:0,
                 from sdk/amxxmodule.cpp:3030:
../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/basemonster.h: At global scope:
../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/basemonster.h:21:2: error: ‘Activity’ does not name a type
../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/basemonster.h:22:2: error: ‘Activity’ does not name a type
../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/basemonster.h:47:10: error: ‘Activity’ does not name a type
../sdk/hlsdk//dlls/basemonster.h:48:2: error: ‘Activity’ does not name a type
sdk/amxxmodule.cpp: In function ‘void UTIL_LogPrintf(const char*, ...)’:
sdk/amxxmodule.cpp:3063:33: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
make[1]: *** [Release/sdk/amxxmodule.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory 
`/home/steam/sdk/new/fake'
make: *** [all] Error 2 
Error : Invalid converting (const char *) to (char *). As I think, your compiler is set to threat warnings as errors. Constant variables might be converted to non-constants since you promise you won't alter their content.
Search for : GNU C/ C++ compiler - threat warnings as errors.
Also, you've got missing header files (.h, .hpp) and functions prototype problems.
RAAASENGAN
Old 04-27-2015 , 09:19   Re: Module: Fake Server Queries
Reply With Quote #78

Tested on Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x64) with HLDS v6132. Found to be Working fine.

Donate - Here
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2015 , 10:29   Re: Module: Fake Server Queries
Reply With Quote #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting King View Post
Tested on Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x64) with HLDS v6132. Found to be Working fine.

IP or didn't happen.
Old 04-27-2015 , 11:07   Re: Module: Fake Server Queries
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
IP or didn't happen.
What ?

Donate - Here