Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Map Decals

Post New Thread Reply   

berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 05-12-2008 , 10:19   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #71

I guess you added mfcleansmall to the download list, and it trys to download mfcleansmall.vtf, but it can't download it and so it retries it everytime ?

Can you send me those files ? And also the stuff you added to the main config.
tmek
Old 05-12-2008 , 10:43   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #72

certainly! I really appreaciate it. I hope it wasn't something totally stupid on my part.

Here is a zip archive of files and changes I would have made on top of the default srcds install in order to move my server from one host to another.

it's about 4 mb, I wanted to make sure i didn't miss anything that might be the answer.

http://meanfortress.com/mfclean.zip
berni
Old 05-12-2008 , 13:40   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #73

Hm that's what I expected, the .vmt file has a different name than the .vtf file. But it's actually not your fault. I'm going to update the plugin later, to let it read the decal name from the .vtf file, and not use the filename of the .vtf file.
tmek
Old 05-13-2008 , 00:31   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #74

ah i think see. so it's telling the client that it needs a file called mfcleansmall.vtf but that file doesn't exist on the server. so the client just tries to download it each time.

by the way i wanted to say i love the plugin.. it's especially easy to use to now with the admin menu integration.
Stingbyte
Old 05-16-2008 , 21:42   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #75

Yes, thatswhy it tries to load it on every connect.
Thanks tmek :-)

Berni, the handle error came from your changes, from my 0.9s to your 1.0 ;)
Is there a special plan behind the changes in the getaim function, or why are you returning the decal index now?

Last edited by Stingbyte; 05-17-2008 at 09:09.
Stingbyte
Old 05-17-2008 , 10:27   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #76

Berni, you introduced another bug with your changes...
So here the new version, where I fixed it and added reading .vtf filename from .vmt:

17-5-2008 Version 1.02 (Stingbyte)

* Added reading decal filename (.vtf) from .vmt
* Fixed bug: SpraySound was added to DownloadsTable before DownloadsTable was ready
Attached Files
File Type: zip map-decals_v1.02.zip (103.2 KB, 299 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (map-decals.sp - 520 views - 52.7 KB)

Last edited by Stingbyte; 06-21-2008 at 05:05.
berni
Old 05-17-2008 , 16:24   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #77

Dooh, I was already working at this, was about to release it, but then someone took all my time.
I blame your code, you added like 1000 lines to it, it became a way too bloated, thare is the same code again and again, this isn't very handy when you want to change something, and you don't really know what coding style is, you are one time writing it like this and like this... the prob is that I don't got anytime to rewrite it atm.
yes, I replaced the one function because I already coded it for an other plugin, and you credited someone for it

uhm what do you mean with download table ready ? I didn't know that it doesn't work anytime.
Stingbyte
Old 05-17-2008 , 17:37   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #78

berni, whats going on with you??
If my code is to hard to read for you, then tell it to me first, then I would have done, like Sessus said and would have released it as "Enhanced Map-Decals" or whatever...
Hm, you are trying to tell me, that I do not know what coding style is? Your first version of map-decals only compiled with warnings, I enhanced it a lot (and made it more readable too regarding formatting of code: tab spaces, comments...) thats my opinion (as student of informatics). I do not think that there is a lot of code, that is again and again - and it is definitely readable for a progger. Show us the better version and then blame about me or my code.
You didn't replace the function, you added returning of the Decal ID (new entity needed), what is not necessary atm. And I credited Nican132, because I took the function out of his SprayTrace plugin.
You added the spraysound to the downloadtable on plugin start, instead of adding it on map start (at least for me it gave an error, when I tried your 1.01).
The fix and the changes for reading the decal filename from .vmt took me about 15 minutes, testing included - I had the time, so I made it and posted it...

Last edited by Stingbyte; 05-17-2008 at 22:38. Reason: tried to explain it better
ratty
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-19-2008 , 10:10   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #79

Love this plugin.
I'm using it with TF2, and spraying works great, and I can save them to the map, however when the map specific ones are loaded, they never display. The plugin sees them as being there, it sees them when I run the command to list them, also if I try to respray over it, it says there's already a decal at that location. But it doesnt show up! If I spray to another location, I can see those. I tried restarting my client and the server several times, I don't know what I could be doing wrong.
Stingbyte
Old 05-19-2008 , 11:34   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #80

Hmm...I know, that there is a problem, that sometimes people can't see the decals, but after a reconnect (in some cases a steam restart is needed) it always worked (as described earlier in this thread, this also seems to be an engine bug). But the problem you are describing seems to come from your client's settings. r_decal_cullsize (default: 5) could cause this problem. If it's set to high, the decals that are already on the map, not display. Sprayed decals while ingame would work.

Last edited by Stingbyte; 05-19-2008 at 11:38.