Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Release Legacy SourceBans 1.4.11 (Updated 2014/02/17)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 08-06-2008 , 06:19   Re: SourceBans (1.2.0) (UPDATE)

sourcebans.smx is in charge of everything. sourcebans_sample.smx is useless, you can get rid of it if you have it.
WebNoob
Old 08-07-2008 , 13:40   Re: SourceBans (1.2.0) (UPDATE)

I DO wish the system could handle querying the servers better. Our server list stays stuck at "Querying Server Data...", as it's unable to read the special characters we've inserted into our server titles to help them move up the browser list (similar to what these guys do: http://www.game-monitor.com/tf2_Game..._Dustbowl.html , but not to such an extreme extent). Notice that game monitor is able to retrieve all the relevant data that sourcebans should.

Surely if game monitor can correctly interpret that data, than sourcebans should be able to. Funny thing is, even though it's stuck at "Querying Server Data...", when you click the link it will still show the player info (names, score, etc.)

Perhaps an option to manually set the server names, as just have sourcebans retrieve the player/map info?
Olly
Old 08-07-2008 , 13:51   Re: SourceBans (1.2.0) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebNoob View Post
I DO wish the system could handle querying the servers better. Our server list stays stuck at "Querying Server Data...", as it's unable to read the special characters we've inserted into our server titles to help them move up the browser list (similar to what these guys do: http://www.game-monitor.com/tf2_Game..._Dustbowl.html , but not to such an extreme extent). Notice that game monitor is able to retrieve all the relevant data that sourcebans should.

Surely if game monitor can correctly interpret that data, than sourcebans should be able to. Funny thing is, even though it's stuck at "Querying Server Data...", when you click the link it will still show the player info (names, score, etc.)

Perhaps an option to manually set the server names, as just have sourcebans retrieve the player/map info?
Querying works fine. The problem is that your host obviously blocks socket connections from PHP.

Also, how else do you expect control characters to be displayed?! there is no 'data' associated with them, like 'a', 'b' etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonick View Post
Hey Olly ... Like write in web SteamID (add ban,admin), can do that write (auth) ALL with IP, becouse i have and almost all my server players have non-steam ... And can't ban on that non-steam, just on IP I glad if you do that

p.s. Sry for my english mistakes
Non-Steam is illegal.

Go buy the game...

// Yarrrr!
Send a message via MSN to Olly
WebNoob
Old 08-07-2008 , 14:23   Re: SourceBans (1.2.0) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Querying works fine. The problem is that your host obviously blocks socket connections from PHP.

No, I don't think that's it, because when I add an admin, the server titles appear correctly in the "Server Access" section.

Further, when I remove those characters, the system has no problem querying the server(s) and displaying the information on the "servers" page.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 08-07-2008 , 16:10   Re: SourceBans (1.2.0) (UPDATE)

All those pages use the same script to get the server's hostname, so if it shows fine on one of the other pages, it's a bug in the servers page.
FredJed223
Old 08-07-2008 , 17:25   Re: SourceBans (1.2.0) (UPDATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebNoob View Post
No, I don't think that's it, because when I add an admin, the server titles appear correctly in the "Server Access" section.

Further, when I remove those characters, the system has no problem querying the server(s) and displaying the information on the "servers" page.

I have the same exact issue. If i remove the square symbols everything works fine. When I put the squares back in, it goes back to "Querying server data"
DerHelm
Old 08-07-2008 , 17:38   Re: SourceBans (1.2.0) (UPDATE)

I have 4 admins that will not work.

When I first set them up, I had checked the Use as Admin Password box, which I did nto know was for in game auth at the time.

I've manually removed the values from srv_password on the db.
I've deleted the admins and off teh site and verified they are not in table sb_admins.

Yet when I re add them back, and do a sm_reloadadmins, it puts a password section for them in the admin.cfg. And it's only those with the password that will not work.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Even creepier:
With them deleted from source bans. I can blank the admin.cfg file and run a sm_reloadadmins on via the console and those 4 admins come back with passwords set.

I know I am missing somethign here, please help.

thanks
DerHelm
Old 08-07-2008 , 17:55   Re: SourceBans (1.2.0) (UPDATE)

**UPDATE**

I tested it out on an empty server.
I had to kill the server and bring it back up to correct. So it's was the server caching, which I thought the sm_reloadadmins would have fixed.

So on my full server

blank you admin.cfg
unload sourcebans
sm_reloadadmins
load sourcebans

fixed
ulx
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-09-2008 , 03:44   Re: SourceBans (1.2.0) (UPDATE)

hi all,

admin-panel shows: Latest release: 1.2.0

but

sm plugins list brings: "SourceBans" (1.1.0) by SteamFriends Development Team

before 1.2.0 I hadn't any other version installed.

is this "correct" though?

Last edited by ulx; 08-09-2008 at 03:48.
exvel
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-09-2008 , 03:56   Re: SourceBans (1.2.0) (UPDATE)

Found a bug in page.home.php i think:
fields[13] - always empty so SourceBans dont show who was unbanned on first page, in DB in this filed set symbol "U" (in bans page it works fine).

Another problem. Can't get Sourcebans show player names in UTF-8, it is always something like "???? ??????". All mysql charset settings set to utf-8. It is strange because ban reason wrote in utf symbols and show normal. Tried to remove utf8_decode for player name in page.home.php and now it works fine for Home page, but if i remove utf8_decode in page.banlist.php it shows "Ð*********аÑ*********Ñ********* пÑ*********пкин" in Ban list.

For developers: Colors library

Last edited by exvel; 08-09-2008 at 04:00.
Send a message via ICQ to exvel
Closed Thread