Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Kigen's Anti-Cheat 1.1.9

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Kigen
BANNED
Old 09-18-2008 , 23:33   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Well, for one I'd have to look and have FTP and other such access to that specific server.

But meh.
bug
Old 09-19-2008 , 12:28   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Hey Kigen I have a new idea for a detection that would be possible for TF2.

Count how much players crit, but don't count kritzkreig, end of round, the streams of crits for doing much damage, backburner and other weapons that does not crit at all or has controlled crits. There is hacks that makes every shot a crit, so there would also be possible to create hacks that is more discrete if they doesn't already exist, like making only 15% of all shots crits.

Default its random, but the chance is usually 5% and for melee 10%, more info here http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Crits

So if a player has a crit percentage that is high, its likly to be a cheater. Of course he had to be monitored for an extended time to ensure he wasn't just very lucky that round.

Last edited by bug; 09-19-2008 at 12:32.
Kigen
BANNED
Old 09-19-2008 , 12:58   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

I plan to base my detection off of a player doing something that is impossible, not how they are doing in game.
bug
Old 09-19-2008 , 21:31   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
I plan to base my detection off of a player doing something that is impossible, not how they are doing in game.
That is what I am saying. The chance to get a crit in TF2 is 5% for normal weapons and 10% for melee, with a few exceptions that should not be counted (like kritzkreig). However there is hacks that changes that percentage so that even 100% critical hits is possible.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-19-2008 , 21:36   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
That is what I am saying. The chance to get a crit in TF2 is 5% for normal weapons and 10% for melee, with a few exceptions that should not be counted (like kritzkreig). However there is hacks that changes that percentage so that even 100% critical hits is possible.
Crits are calculated on the server side, I really highly doubt a hack could do this.
bobdole
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-19-2008 , 22:12   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

they dont force 100% crit what it does is guesses when a crit is going to happen and fires if it dosnt think its a chance for a crit it dosnt fire
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-19-2008 , 22:50   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

That doesn't make sense. It's calculated when you fire, not at a specific time before that.
Kigen
BANNED
Old 09-20-2008 , 00:23   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

Its probably similar to "no spread" type cheats. HL randomizer isn't really all that random to clients, since it uses it for legit prediction reasons. (Bullet hole placement, Crit annoucements, etc) I haven't disassembled TF2 or in any way looked at the code but that's how I guess its possible to have 100% crits. (delay firing until a predicted crit comes up)

To be honest VALVe over-uses prediction tools to smooth online game play. It would be fine if there wasn't a cheater problem, but there is pretty much always going to be a problem in any multiplayer game you play of people wishing to cheat. The best anti-cheat is designing a game to not be exploited. I saw such tactics in an older game I used to play, TRIBES. It apparently dynamically allocated the space where player information was going to be stored in an attempt to make it harder to build aimbots. Though aimbots were later built it was like 8 years after the game's release and none of the people that have built aimbots for TRIBES has ever released it. In the end the only problem ever presented was a wallhack and no fog cheat. Which in the end weren't significant to really pose a problem.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 09-20-2008 , 00:38   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

I miss the good old days of TRIBES . Administering servers without having to worry about whether or not Player A is hacking or Player B is walling .
bobdole
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-20-2008 , 00:49   Re: Kigen's Anti-Cheat

something you have to realize is that a program can never be 100% random, they have to follow some sort of algorithm if you find that out you can easyaly guess the next object. it works the exact same way with no spread it guesses where the spread will be then moves the clients angle to make it center (thats why it causes a shake)
Closed Thread