Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Pyro Explosion

Post New Thread Reply   

UJay
Old 07-21-2008 , 23:15   Re: Pyro Explosion
Reply With Quote #61

TechKnow Can you change the AOE sprite flames to a more napalm look? and explosion affect that looks like it came out of Half Life 2.

If you could do that It would be Smashing!!
teh_lame
Old 03-08-2009 , 03:40   Re: Pyro Explosion
Reply With Quote #62

I've never made a mod before, but I wanted it to do a lil more (mostly damage and customizability without recompiling), so I whipped up my first mod tonight (yay!)

Basically, the pyros will explode like the PyroExplode2 someone posted earlier, but it will hurt someone by default. You can change the damage and the radius, as well as who is hurt by the explosion with simple cvars. I know I'm not proficient at this stuff yet, so excuse any common errors.

cvars:
sm_pyro_explode_enable (def 1) - Enable/Disable pyros exploding on death
sm_pyro_explode_radius (def 600) - How far the explosion will damage people
sm_pyro_explode_damage (def 220) - How much damage the explosion does
sm_pyro_explode_mode (def 0) - Who the explosion targets (0=everyone 1=victim's team 2=attacker's team)

I tested it on my server and it seems to run flawlessly, but I'll fix anything if the need arises. Credit for this goes to the people in this thread and someone who made a basic explode mod for SourceMod. I used that to implement actual damage in it all.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (PyroExplode3.sp - 590 views - 3.7 KB)

Last edited by teh_lame; 03-08-2009 at 03:43.
PlasticBOB
Old 03-09-2009 , 17:12   Re: Pyro Explosion
Reply With Quote #63

it work!!!!
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 03-15-2009 , 13:01   Re: Pyro Explosion
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_lame View Post
I've never made a mod before, but I wanted it to do a lil more (mostly damage and customizability without recompiling), so I whipped up my first mod tonight (yay!)

Basically, the pyros will explode like the PyroExplode2 someone posted earlier, but it will hurt someone by default. You can change the damage and the radius, as well as who is hurt by the explosion with simple cvars. I know I'm not proficient at this stuff yet, so excuse any common errors.

cvars:
sm_pyro_explode_enable (def 1) - Enable/Disable pyros exploding on death
sm_pyro_explode_radius (def 600) - How far the explosion will damage people
sm_pyro_explode_damage (def 220) - How much damage the explosion does
sm_pyro_explode_mode (def 0) - Who the explosion targets (0=everyone 1=victim's team 2=attacker's team)

I tested it on my server and it seems to run flawlessly, but I'll fix anything if the need arises. Credit for this goes to the people in this thread and someone who made a basic explode mod for SourceMod. I used that to implement actual damage in it all.

Cheers
does this also set fire to the people it hurts?
teh_lame
Old 03-21-2009 , 20:33   Re: Pyro Explosion
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
does this also set fire to the people it hurts?
No, but I suppose it's easy enough to do. I just need to find the time to update it. You guys will be the first to see it when it does work tho.
Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 03-25-2009 , 12:15   Re: Pyro Explosion
Reply With Quote #66

Ohh good. Also is there a way to turn off explosion based on how the pyro died? Explosion on backstab is really really stupid, same with explosion on headshot/baseball/suicide/change class/explode in console

._.
captain mental
Old 06-06-2009 , 17:25   Re: Pyro Explosion
Reply With Quote #67

Great plugin! I tried it on my server and I liked it. Great work and thank you for taking over this project, i have been hoping someone would make a working exploding pyro plugin for a long time.

Two questions:

#1 Instead of people taking damage, could you make it so they get burned and take fire damage instead?

#2 Can you make a demoman explode plugin? It makes sense than a guy carrying explosives would blow up too when shot.
thenameisbam
Old 06-06-2009 , 21:10   Re: Pyro Explosion
Reply With Quote #68

i hate to sound like a noob, but to make the setting stay, which file to i put the cvar info into? for this plug-in and others?
ApocalypseDan
Old 06-25-2009 , 10:36   Re: Pyro Explosion
Reply With Quote #69

use rcon that should write the cvas to the file automaticly
Old 08-16-2009 , 17:09   Re: Pyro Explosion
Reply With Quote #70

Tried this out and it's a nice mod, but I was wondering if it would be possible to set up cvars that prevented the pyro from blowing up unless certian weapons were used and only if the kill is from behind.

I thought it was silly that they should explode when a spy stabs them or if they are shot from the front.