Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2010 , 16:48   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.1, 11/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #61

I'll add a parameter to sm_givew_ex that lets you choose to give on there too. Like, sm_givew_ex <target> <itemindex> <mode>
mode being 1 = it does givew too.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
thatdarnkid
BANNED
Old 11-30-2010 , 00:28   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.1, 11/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #62

For some reason, "sm_giveweapon <name> 9009" gets returned as "Unknown Command".

Yet when I do sm_giveweapon_ex <name> 9009", it actually gives me the Valve Engineer Shotgun.

As well, are there any plans to add other "Valve" variations of weapons to this?

Robin's got a Valve Chargin' Targe in his backpack

Also, what about the Jag? Possible to add this in seeing as it's already fully textured ingame?
Goog
Old 11-30-2010 , 08:52   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.1, 11/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #63

Item class "tf_wearable_item" dont worked. u add this in new version?

Last edited by Goog; 11-30-2010 at 14:53.
thatdarnkid
BANNED
Old 11-30-2010 , 12:55   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.1, 11/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #64

Alright, so I went ahead and tried to add commands for all these weapons to my adminmenu_custom.txt

The attached file is what I came up with.

Here's how its sorted:
  • Weapon Commands
  • Give Perm. Custom Weapons
  • Give Perm. Valve Weapons
  • Give Perm. Weapons
  • Give Temp. Custom Weapons
  • Give Temp. Valve Weapons
  • Give Temp. Weapons
  • Reset Weapons

Each option brings you to a "Who?" list, which lists all players on the server (currently alive).

The 6 "Give" commands, once you've selected who, bring up a list of weapons. The Temp. Weapons & Perm. Weapons are the biggest, because they list every normal, non-valve, non-custom weapon in the game. Valve & Custom Weapons have the smaller lists.

Tested on my server, works perfectly
Attached Files
File Type: txt adminmenu_custom.txt (18.8 KB, 385 views)

Last edited by thatdarnkid; 11-30-2010 at 15:38.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 11-30-2010 , 17:57   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.1, 11/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #65

thatdarnkid, I mentioned this in the original post, but when you try to give a shotgun to a class that can't use a shotgun, it won't let you give the weapon, and returns unknown command. It's a bug with TF2Items and has no foreseeable resolution.

Give shotguns to only Heavies, Pyros, Soldiers, and Engineers, unless you're using the index 2009. That's a frontier justice model, which for some reason works for all classes.

I'll update the original post with that menu when I update the plugin next. Sometime soon. Probably this weekend.

@Goog, tf_wearable_item is not a weapon, and cannot be given to people. It's a hat/wearable and needs the SDKCall EquipWearable. Don't try to give it through this plugin. Please. PLEASE.

Also, the Jag won't work because it doesn't have a base item index in items_game.txt. However, if I am able to acquire the method to use custom viewmodels and implement attachables, I can give a wrench that looks like the Jag. It's quite complicated and unnecessary though. Use a wrench. The Jag has no attributes of its own at the moment. And probably needs a model if there isn't one already.

Also, thatdarnkid, edit your adminmenu, that 2159 dalokohs bar is the dalokohs bar effect for non-heavies, just saying. It was for Randomizer, where it gave that after you tried to eat a normal dalokohs, effectively giving the +50 max health. And the 8045 is the "DerpFaN".

I'll go through the menu and check everything else later.

Oh, and one more needs to be added, which I shall add when I update.

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 11-30-2010 at 18:02.
Goog
Old 12-01-2010 , 03:51   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.1, 11/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
@Goog, tf_wearable_item is not a weapon, and cannot be given to people. It's a hat/wearable and needs the SDKCall EquipWearable. Don't try to give it through this plugin. Please. PLEASE.
i wanted to create weapons like Gunboats, Razorback & e.t.c

Maybe u can add anything that can disable selected weapon slot?

Last edited by Goog; 12-01-2010 at 06:30.
thatdarnkid
BANNED
Old 12-01-2010 , 09:33   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.1, 11/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Also, thatdarnkid, edit your adminmenu, that 2159 dalokohs bar is the dalokohs bar effect for non-heavies, just saying. It was for Randomizer, where it gave that after you tried to eat a normal dalokohs, effectively giving the +50 max health. And the 8045 is the "DerpFaN".
Yes, I know. But I preferred to name it Rapid Force-a-Nature because it does rapidfire. And personal preference led me to name that Dalokoh's Bar to "Multi-Class Dalokoh's Bar".

Obviously, you can edit it and change the names if you want.

Quote:
The Jag has no attributes of its own at the moment. And probably needs a model if there isn't one already.
True, the Jag has no attributes. But if by "model" you mean World Model, as in giving a prop_dynamic/prop_static a World Model so it shows up on a map you're making with Source SDK's Hammer, then yes it has a model. I've made a map before and created a prop_dynamic and gave it the Jag's world model. It's not hard to find either, I believe it actually has "jag" in it's model name. But that sucks that it would be alot of work to implement it

---------------------------------------

Now, I have an actual question. Would it be possible for me to somehow set the "Temp. Weapons", "Perm. Weapons", "Temp. Custom Weapons" and "Perm. Custom Weapons" sections to be accessible by normal players, and have the Temp./Perm. Valve Weapons admin only?

I'm finding that alot of the players on my server want me to give them this weapon, or that weapon, and it's becoming a chore. I figure giving players the ability to access some of the weapons would work.

I've also been Googling around to see if it's possible to take the Weapon Commands part of my admin menu, and add something like "sm_weaponmenu" to give the weapon commands their own menu. Would that be possible?

And I've also been trying to figure out how you add weapons to this plugin (not custom weapons) because I want to add in other Valve Weapons that you've forgotten (small list below)

This plugin is missing:
- Darwin's Danger Shield (ID: 231)
- Frying Pan (ID: ID: 264) (2nd post says something about a "frying pan quote in the code", but I haven't checked out the code yet so I don't know if you left the frying pan out for a reason)
- Valve Eyelander
- Valve Chargin' Targe
- Valve Equalizer (Listed here)

I'm not trying to nitpick or anything. This is an excellent plugin. I'm just abit of a perfectionist, I guess

Last edited by thatdarnkid; 12-01-2010 at 10:26.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2010 , 19:29   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.1, 11/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #68

Yes, there is. Also:
Frying Pan is not missing, READ WHAT I SAID -.-
If you try to give a tf_weapon_shovel-based item (the frying pan is one) to a class that isnt demo or soldier, it won't work.
The Danger shield is a wearable not an weapon. DO NOT TRY GIVING THE TARGE, RAZORBACK, OR GUNBOATS EITHER. They will not work. If you try enabling them (I disabled them) you will crash.
Valve targe, same reason.
Valve eyelander is no different from normal eyelander, other than fire.
Same with valve equalizer. I figured neither was important enough, like the other valve weapons:
All the other valve weapons were the OLD valve weapons, the ones with OP attributes. Plus Robin's Rocket Launcher. The community one should go in Valve Weapons, btw. It was "Robin's Rocket Launcher" given to the PCG members. Definitely not to be used by non-admins.

I know how to make the those temp wep menu commands accessible to normal players, but I forgot :C I'll put it up sometime soon.

Also you can add valve weapons like any custom weapons, using the keyvalues. Valve quality is 8, etc.

Update will probably be this friday.

Psyduck likes replays.
thatdarnkid
BANNED
Old 12-02-2010 , 00:09   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.1, 11/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
Yes, there is. Also:
Frying Pan is not missing, READ WHAT I SAID -.-
If you try to give a tf_weapon_shovel-based item (the frying pan is one) to a class that isnt demo or soldier, it won't work.
The Danger shield is a wearable not an weapon. DO NOT TRY GIVING THE TARGE, RAZORBACK, OR GUNBOATS EITHER. They will not work. If you try enabling them (I disabled them) you will crash.
Valve targe, same reason.
Valve eyelander is no different from normal eyelander, other than fire.
Same with valve equalizer. I figured neither was important enough, like the other valve weapons:
All the other valve weapons were the OLD valve weapons, the ones with OP attributes. Plus Robin's Rocket Launcher. The community one should go in Valve Weapons, btw. It was "Robin's Rocket Launcher" given to the PCG members. Definitely not to be used by non-admins.

I know how to make the those temp wep menu commands accessible to normal players, but I forgot :C I'll put it up sometime soon.

Also you can add valve weapons like any custom weapons, using the keyvalues. Valve quality is 8, etc.

Update will probably be this friday.
So I've got a to-do list then. Remove Gunboats, Razorback, etc.

I'd still like to add the Frying Pan in though =\ I could add like "(Soldier Only)" to the end of it on my admin menu.

As for adding in my own Valve Weapons, what program do y'all modders use to create/edit plugins like this? I'd love to get into this plugin and add Valve versions of other weapons with the same stats as the currently-in-this-plugin Valve Weapons
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2010 , 22:05   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.1, 11/19/2010)
Reply With Quote #70

Nono, don't remove Frying Pan, it works on Soldiers and Demomen! Shovel, bottle, pain train, equalizer, and frying pan only work on soldiers and demomen, and its not worth having a separate menu for those.

Psyduck likes replays.