Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Dominion
Old 07-01-2006 , 15:31   Re: Server redirection

ok i will test your fine version with redirect_check_method 2

or don't you fixed that yet?

Last edited by Dominion; 07-01-2006 at 15:35.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2006 , 15:54   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion
ok i will test your fine version with redirect_check_method 2

or don't you fixed that yet?
as it turned out it had nothing to do with redirect_check_method but with redirect_auto. so you should be fine with redirect_check_method 2.
Old 07-01-2006 , 16:00   Re: Server redirection

ok will test it now on my servers
EDIT: oh nice no crash in my test time. and u build in a fine HUD Message.

EDIT2: oh no, all my server crashed with redirect_check_method 2

Here a AMXX 1.60 compiled version (0.5.0b)
Attached Files
File Type: amxx serverredirect.amxx (22.1 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by Dominion; 07-01-2006 at 17:13.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2006 , 17:24   Re: Server redirection

i could swear that the error was the one i fixed. everything was fitting. additionally, all my servers are running well this time.

we can do 3 things now:
- i can give you a version again that spams debug messages to see which is the last one displayed after a crash
- i can start my 1.6 test server again, because my 1.5 servers are running very well, it seems to be an 1.6 specific issue
- if you could test whether the server crashes with redirect_check_method 1 as well this would be helpful information for me

give me some minutes and i will attach the debug version here. and then please enable debug mode for the plugin by adding the word "debug" to the line in plugins.ini. so the line in plugins.ini would look like this:
serverredirect.amxx debug
Old 07-01-2006 , 17:53   Re: Server redirection

I am for your second suggestion

i test redirect_check_method 1 tomorrow evening
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2006 , 17:58   Re: Server redirection

"good" news: my 1.6 server crashes as well. this means i can trace this error myself.
i now restarted it with v0.5.0b2, full of debug messages
now i can't do more than sit back and wait for a crash

EDIT: it must be murphey's laws. now that the server is running with exactly the same plugin packed full of debug messages it did not crash the whole night. oh and btw, the server is running with your servers in the list of course, see here. to have a good test case i also added some servers that are down (because they just are no servers). try it out on test.n-ice.org:27016 - it's with redirect_check_method 2 of course.
a crash would have told me the position of the error but there wasn't any. i can't do more than waiting longer.

you could speed this up by using the plugin with debug messages and redirect_check_method 2 at least on one of your servers until a crash and then tell me the last messages the server console (or log files) shows.
otherwise i can't say how long it will take until my test machine crashes. hours? days? weeks?

in case someone is interested, it's here.
in this version i also included a change that could possibly solve the crash issue.
you can disable the debug messages by searching for the line "#define REDIRECT_CRASH_DEBUG" and deleting it or commenting it out. then recompile.

Last edited by xOR; 07-02-2006 at 11:11.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2006 , 10:45   update to v0.6.0b

as the crash problem on CS 1.6 with redirect_check_method 2 is independant from normal progress i meanwhile released v0.6.0b now with several new features, a new server list file format (documented in description) and a new auto redirection mode that has been requested by SubStream.
this version as well includes the change from v0.5.0b3 that could fix the crash problem so by a small chance this version could even have solved this issue. time will show.

as always this version is running rock stable on my 1.5 server fleet with AMXX 1.70. no crashes or other issues at all.
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2006 , 14:47   Re: Server redirection

finally my server crashed and i found the exact position of the error through my debug message. no testing needed anymore for now.
currently i have no idea what i can do about this, i posted my question in scripting help section so you read on here.

now that i found the error i know that redirect_check_method 1 will crash as well.

and all this means that redirect_check_method 0 IS stable with the current version. so don't be afraid to install this plugin, just leave redirect_check_method set to 0 until this issue is fixed.
so -=STN=- MaGe as you wanted to wait for a stable version, here you are: v0.6.0b with redirect_check_method set to 0
Old 07-02-2006 , 16:45   Re: Server redirection

i test the 0.5.0b with redirect_check_method 1 and in debug mode
but my servers dont crash, he hang and no debug is possible.
i must manualy restart my servers.

the servers only hang if anybody type /server and switch to another one. but not always only sometimes.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2006 , 16:59   Re: Server redirection

Quote:
but my servers dont crash, he hang and no debug is possible.
actually this is what i mean by "crashing". no matter how you call it, it's exactly the problem that i am speaking of.

Quote:
the servers only hang if anybody type /server and switch to another one. but not always only sometimes.
the times you had the error when using the /server command were probably only at this time by chance. the server crashes randomly, so it will crash at other times as well.

Quote:
i test the 0.5.0b with redirect_check_method 1
yeah i already said that 1 will crash as well, thanks for trying it anyway to be sure. set it to 0 for now and let's hope someone has an answer to my thread as i am running out of ideas how i could fix a function that i didn't write =/ i can't even think of any workaround.