Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2008 , 08:37   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #61

Uploaded new version with Immunity check fix.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
nbtc971
Old 11-20-2008 , 15:00   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
I think I'll only implement this if more people want it because it's not really generic. It's more tailored to what your server does. When you could just make admins immune.
By the way, it's kicking my admins out of spectate when I don't even have the move to spectate option on. I would think it would disable kicking from spectate for any reason if you have this setting:

Quote:
sm_movespec "0"
Is that something you could change? If sm_movespec is set to 0 I think spectate should be usable. Seems like you'd be able to add another condition to your spec kick IF statement that checks f_MoveSpec and if it's false, won't kick people out of spectate. Otherwise i'm afarid i'll have to remove the plugin.

Last edited by nbtc971; 11-20-2008 at 15:24.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2008 , 17:01   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #63

Not really, it is an AFK kicker so it will kick an idle player regardless of where they are?

As said before if someone joins spectator and walks away from their computer they are still AFK.

The move to spec is just an interim where it will move to spectator before kicking the client. Without move to spectator it will just kick the client if they haven't moved in the time period.

If you think it should be done another way and have a method that is _generic_ as in would benefit everyone feel free to suggest it but I am not going to code in a bunch of personal fixes as it will just bloat out the code
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
nbtc971
Old 11-20-2008 , 20:21   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #64

It's your plugin do as you will with it. But if the user has set the plugin to NOT move anyone to spectate then I would think it could be assumed that they don't want people kicked out of spectate. How about another cvar that can be used to decide the plugins behavior? Kick from spectate AND game, kick from game only, kick from spectate only.

And if you don't like that, could you please tell me on what lines I would need to add to your existing IF statements so I could customize this plugin to fit my needs? I just want to be able to say if sm_movespec is set to 0, do not kick anyone out of spectate. Thanks.

Last edited by nbtc971; 11-20-2008 at 20:27.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2008 , 01:22   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #65

Forgot to mention in the latest release the cvars have been changed. Please either delete the config file in mod/cfg/sourcemod/afk_manager.cfg

Or update with the new values on the front page.

I have done this for a number of reasons:

A) it was most likely going to happen sooner or later anyway
B) Some of the cvars were fairly generic and might have caused conflicts with other plugins.
C) I think the new cvars are more consistent name-wise.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2008 , 06:41   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #66

I am uploading here not on the front page a new version 2.5k

It has a new cvar sm_afk_kick_players

Where:
[0 = DISABLED, 1 = KICK ALL, 2 = ALL EXCEPT SPECTATORS, 3 = SPECTATORS ONLY]

Please run this plugin in Debug mode and tell me if there is any "abnormal" messages particularly any of the following:

When a player joins spectator:
"Client: %d joined spectator team and spectators should not be kicked due to settings? Stop Timer?"
"UnInitializePlayer - Closing AFK timer for client: %d"

When a spectator joins a valid team:
"Client: %d joined a team and does not have a valid timer? Re-Initializing client"

When a player leaves the game:
"UnInitializePlayer - Closing AFK timer for client: %d"

If a player is on a valid team, it's set to kick spectators only and the player has been AFK longer than the move time???
"ERROR: Client %s has an active timer but should not be moved or kicked? This should probably not happen."

I am not sure if the options will stay the way they are, I am still interested in how to do the spectator thing and maybe I set it to not kick regular spectators or something. The main reason I have implemented this is to provide an option where people can disable kicking and have it only move players.

Last edited by Rothgar; 03-12-2010 at 02:10.
nbtc971
Old 11-22-2008 , 15:01   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #67

Thanks i'll try it out now..

Compile failed.

Just compiled it myself, will load it and see what happens.

Well I just tried out the plugin with the new features and it seems to work perfectly. I tried out several settings and it seemed to work without error. I will load it up on my 2 most busy servers and see if anyone complains of it doing something wacky.

This plugin just got more flexible. Thanks for your work.

Last edited by nbtc971; 11-22-2008 at 15:38.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2008 , 16:59   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #68

Released 2.5k version of the plugin since there has been no complaints and pred/Liam have now approved this plugin Enjoy.
Harley
Old 11-28-2008 , 05:10   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
L 11/28/2008 - 10:57:53: Info (map "de_castiglion") (file "errors_20081128.log")
L 11/28/2008 - 10:57:53: [SM] Native "IsFakeClient" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 11/28/2008 - 10:57:53: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "afk_manager-compat.smx":
L 11/28/2008 - 10:57:53: [SM] [0] Line 230, afk_manager-compat.sp::Event_PlayerTeam()
last version 2.5k
Old 11-28-2008 , 17:14   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod)
Reply With Quote #70

Erm,

I don't see how that could happen index 0 is console?

How is console changing teams?