Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 08-29-2013 , 10:32   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronwin87 View Post
I have been using this, which i found in an online guide, DEDICATED SERVER ENABLER FILES, How else can I host my dota 2 server, since this is the only way I know. I attached some screenshots of the rar enabler files.Attachment 124970

But i will delete if this is frowned upon
Don't use that.

The only files that you need aside from a standard Dota 2 client download in Steam are srcds.exe from either Alien Swarm or apparently L4D2 dedicated server, MM:S, and D2Fixups.

If you want to use lan mode, you just set the sv_lan mode cvar to 1, which can be done on the startup line as "+sv_lan 1"
PAJ019
Old 08-29-2013 , 10:48   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronwin87 View Post
This pic here, I get that when my server closes, randomly crashes or when I enable source tv and start the map, is there anyway to stop it from crashing when I start Source tv??
bronwin87
Old 08-29-2013 , 11:47   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

@Psychonic

Thanks man, got it working again
Ghost.Hunterzz
Old 08-29-2013 , 14:26   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

is there any console command to record dota 2 gameplay?it would be better if there were a way to save replays like wr3 or css
PAJ019
Old 08-29-2013 , 15:55   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.Hunterzz View Post
is there any console command to record dota 2 gameplay?it would be better if there were a way to save replays like wr3 or css
Yes there is (tv_enable 1) but when you start a map it will crash but if you connect to your server and then do 'map dota' it will kinda work, i've not got a replay thou because its not giving the recording a name so it discards it :L

Last edited by PAJ019; 08-29-2013 at 15:57.
sile
Old 09-02-2013 , 09:19   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idossul View Post
It says in the guide that the lateset MM:S might not be your best bet, so try an older version which might work for you.

McM3yer, a few posts back there was a guy who listed the method (but deleted it for some reason).

Apparently (since i haven't tested it myself), the way to get CM mode working is;

Have radiant team join first, with 5th person who joins radiant team being designated as the one who picks - dire can join randomly, and it should work.
idossul
bro it was me who posted that link i tryed for several days to make work of cm mode then i posted that link after that no one replied to it so i deleted....
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2013 , 21:44   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAJ019 View Post
Hows it cheating?
Giving yourself infinite gold while other team flails to kill you? I mean with sourcemod, you can do things that are normally not meant to do, especially if you do it on purpose in your favor...Correct me if I am wrong, but you can give yourself gold, etc for Dota 2. I always thought this uses Steamworks servers so that you had to use their servers in order to play.
Old 09-03-2013 , 07:40   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Hello

I set up everything like the instructional post in this thread said and it seems to be working but I have one problem:

Other computers are able to connect to the server via the ip and port in the dota client.

But the computer running the server is not able to connect to it (Tried both 127.0.0.1 and the real IP).

Is there something I´m missing or is this a known problem?

Thank you so much for your time and effort!
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 09-03-2013 , 07:49   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoshape View Post
Hello

I set up everything like the instructional post in this thread said and it seems to be working but I have one problem:

Other computers are able to connect to the server via the ip and port in the dota client.

But the computer running the server is not able to connect to it (Tried both 127.0.0.1 and the real IP).

Is there something I´m missing or is this a known problem?

Thank you so much for your time and effort!
If you're connecting to a server from the machine running it, you need to set the clientport cvar on your client to something other than 27005.

The easiest way is to just right click Dota 2 in Steam, Properties, Set Launch Options, and add +clientport 33333 (or some other port that's not 27005).
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 09-03-2013 , 09:56   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Dota 2 is on the Source Engine? Who'd have thunk it.

Although, I don't see much practical use for this, other than having a private server where there's no CD timers or, Mana costs. Would kind of ruin the whole point of the game, where as games such as GunGames or Mini-games for CS:S make the game more enjoyable instead of a competition to see who gets the most OP champion and can build him up fast enough to ruin the game for everyone else.
Closed Thread