Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors

Post New Thread Reply   

Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-16-2013 , 14:43   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #671

I'm having some difficulties with the sm_reloadccc command on my servers. I'm using a version of nineteenelevens panel which sends the sm_reloadccc command to my servers when a change is made (SQL module). The problem is, the command appears to be doing nothing if sent from my webserver. If I execute it myself in HLSW it reloads the configs as normal.

The command is defo sending as I see it in my logs and if I edit the webpage to send a different command like sm_noclip Snaggle 1, that works.

So it just appears to be sm_reloadccc that isn't doing anything. nineteeneleven has said he is not getting any similar problems, so I'm just wondering what could be causing that 1 command to fail?

Last edited by Snaggle; 12-16-2013 at 14:44.
Beebs
Old 12-22-2013 , 17:40   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #672

Hello. This plugin works perfectly except for one thing. It sometimes posts double of what is said to anyone who has a tag or color customization on their name. It seems like it only happens when a round begins and they have already talked beforehand, or if they respond and have talked beforehand. Is there any fix to this? I'll post the configuration below for clarification's sake.

Edit: I apologize for the lack of indentation in the code. Too lazy to fix it lol.

Quote:
"admin_colors"
{
"admin"
{
"tag" "[Admin]"
"tagcolor" "#3300AA"
"flag" "z"
}
}

Last edited by Beebs; 12-22-2013 at 17:42.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 12-22-2013 , 18:19   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
Hello. This plugin works perfectly except for one thing. It sometimes posts double of what is said to anyone who has a tag or color customization on their name. It seems like it only happens when a round begins and they have already talked beforehand, or if they respond and have talked beforehand. Is there any fix to this? I'll post the configuration below for clarification's sake.

Edit: I apologize for the lack of indentation in the code. Too lazy to fix it lol.
Update Simple Chat Processor.
Old 12-23-2013 , 10:47   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Update Simple Chat Processor.
Much appreciated.
Ownkruid
Old 12-28-2013 , 13:46   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #675

Anyway to make it work with Insurgency?
Ms. Trooper
Old 12-29-2013 , 22:06   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #676

I'm using this on a CS:GO server and the tags work, but I cant get any color to work. Please help! Also, the download link for the CS:GO version of SCP doesn't work, so I had to get it from the bitbucket project.
Code:
"admin_colors"
{
    "STEAM_1:1:19346307"
    {
        "tag"                "[Owner] "
        "tagcolor"            "G"
    }

}

Last edited by Ms. Trooper; 12-29-2013 at 22:07.
Remy Lebeau
Old 12-30-2013 , 05:06   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #677

The simple chat colours plugin had the by product that people who had custom tags also had allchat enabled (they could talk to alive people when dead). Can custom chat colours replicate that functionality? We offered it as a VIP perk...
Snaggle
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-01-2014 , 12:52   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #678

I might just be confused but I don't really understand the ordering for the SQL module. You say
Quote:
Index is a unique numerical identifier. Entries will be loaded from the database from lowest index to highest index. Just like how order is very important in custom-chatcolors.cfg, so is order important here. Ideally Steam ID entries should have the lowest indexes, followed by higher admin flags. For example, if you want to configure STEAM_0:0:23071901, admin flag "b", and admin flag "a" to have separate colors, you would need to do this (assuming "b" admins also have "a"):
Is that correct? Should it not be that SteamIDs should have the higher index as you're most likely going to be adding more SteamIDs than you're flags?

E.G
Code:
index        identity                flag
-----------------------------------------
1            Admins                  b
2            Donors                  a
3            STEAM_0:0:23071901      
4            STEAM_0:0:12345678
5            STEAM_0:0:91011121
I only ask because I just have a bunch of SteamIDs in my SQL database, no flags or groups and it doesn't appear to be recognising any but the last SteamID when I use sm_ccc_mysql_dump. Even though I have about 20 entries, it only prints the last.

Last edited by Snaggle; 01-01-2014 at 12:55.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 01-01-2014 , 15:48   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #679

Steam IDs can really have any index you want. The recommendation was more for convention.
Old 01-01-2014 , 16:13   Re: [Source 2009] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #680

Would you have an idea why it only appears to be dumping the last SteamID and not the entire database?