Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)

Post New Thread Reply   

Theray070696
Old 10-14-2015 , 15:57   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #661

If you haven't bookmarked my post yet, you may want to. Pretty soon (I hope), I will upload a couple new attribute plugins, both of which depend on another plugins functionality to work properly.

I'll hint at them here:
One plugin requires a couple buildings from a single plugin to work. Amp node (deathrues figured it out)
The other one needs something from MvM in plugin form to work. It's not medic shield.

I will say whether or not something someone answers is correct.

Crafting and 404 may not participate in this, unless they want to ruin it for everybody.

EDIT: WELP. IT BROKE. I'm having 404 do some testing, and he broke it. Why am I not surprised. I need to do some fixes before I will upload it. I think people would rather wait for a finished plugin than get a rushed, broken plugin.

Last edited by Theray070696; 10-14-2015 at 22:03.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2015 , 21:35   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theray070696 View Post
One plugin requires a couple buildings from a single plugin to work.
Amplifier? Repair Node?
Quote:
The other one needs something from MvM in plugin form to work.
Instant sentry building? Robots? Giants?

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 10-14-2015 at 21:36.
Theray070696
Old 10-14-2015 , 21:37   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
Amplifier? Repair Node?

Instant sentry building?
First one is correct!

Second one is incorrect. hint 2: it's not medics shield
Old 10-14-2015 , 22:01   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #664

Quote:
First one is correct!

Second one is incorrect. hint 2: it's not medics shield
Obviously, cause that just needs TF2Attributes

*cough*edit*cough*

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
Theray070696
Old 10-14-2015 , 22:04   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
Obviously, cause that just needs TF2Attributes

*cough*edit*cough*
Updated hint post
Old 10-14-2015 , 22:06   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #666

Quote:
EDIT: WELP. IT BROKE. I'm having 404 do some testing, and he broke it. Why am I not surprised. I need to do some fixes before I will upload it. I think people would rather wait for a finished plugin than get a rushed, broken plugin.
Yeah I found a buncha weird issues including:

- When a Repair Node is healing another building, you can haul it and it will continue repairing the building no matter how far away from the repaired building you get. The medigun beam it uses to indicate repairing can stretch for MILES if you noclip way out into the void.

- Upgrading the Repair Node/Amplifier to Level 2 causes both to switch models back to the Dispenser (should be an easy fix)

- Randomly (and I only saw this once and I don't know how to trigger it) when using the Repair Node, the Dispenser model re-appears in the same spot as the Repair Node, becoming merged together with it. However, the Dispenser model appears to be in its "T-Pose", as the belt hanging off the side is hovering completely horizontally in the air. Picking up the building can cause the Repair Node model to disappear but the T-Pose Dispenser model to stay visible over top of the 3D Dispenser blueprint lines.

As well, I still think we need to get someone who is really good with texturing to retexture the Repair Node and Amplifier and make them look less like complete ass. They could also use some form of proper building animation (the Amplifiers hologram animation thing looks stupid to me). And the Amplifier's little wheels on the backside don't actually have a complete looping animation. They spin 180 degrees then reset to their original rotation and repeat (you can tell by watching the texture on the smaller wheel). So yeah, better textures and some actual animations would be wonderful.

Heck, a completely new Amplifier model would be wonderful because I honestly dislike the current Amplifier model (no offence to whomever made it)

As well, for future custom buildables, we could inquire with the respective creators about using any of the listed models:

- Mini-Dispenser by BANG!
- The Rayzar by BANG! (Possible Repair Node model replacement? Or if we can at least get the Repair Node retextured, we could use this as an Amplifier replacement?)
- The Defensive Engie Pack by Jal (Come with a "Shield Generator" and a robotic bear trap, I've got ideas for both already...)
- The Energy Sentry (All Levels) by Druida (If we can hook into the bullet firing of the sentry and replace it with a different projectile, we could make this work. Level 1 and 2 use the Righteous Bison particle, Level 3 uses the Cow Mangler particle)
Theray070696
Old 10-14-2015 , 22:13   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #667

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Yeah I found a buncha weird issues including:

- When a Repair Node is healing another building, you can haul it and it will continue repairing the building no matter how far away from the repaired building you get. The medigun beam it uses to indicate repairing can stretch for MILES if you noclip way out into the void.

- Upgrading the Repair Node/Amplifier to Level 2 causes both to switch models back to the Dispenser (should be an easy fix)

- Randomly (and I only saw this once and I don't know how to trigger it) when using the Repair Node, the Dispenser model re-appears in the same spot as the Repair Node, becoming merged together with it. However, the Dispenser model appears to be in its "T-Pose", as the belt hanging off the side is hovering completely horizontally in the air. Picking up the building can cause the Repair Node model to disappear but the T-Pose Dispenser model to stay visible over top of the 3D Dispenser blueprint lines.

As well, I still think we need to get someone who is really good with texturing to retexture the Repair Node and Amplifier and make them look less like complete ass. They could also use some form of proper building animation (the Amplifiers hologram animation thing looks stupid to me). And the Amplifier's little wheels on the backside don't actually have a complete looping animation. They spin 180 degrees then reset to their original rotation and repeat (you can tell by watching the texture on the smaller wheel). So yeah, better textures and some actual animations would be wonderful.

Heck, a completely new Amplifier model would be wonderful because I honestly dislike the current Amplifier model (no offence to whomever made it)

As well, for future custom buildables, we could inquire with the respective creators about using any of the listed models:

- Mini-Dispenser by BANG!
- The Rayzar by BANG! (Possible Repair Node model replacement? Or if we can at least get the Repair Node retextured, we could use this as an Amplifier replacement?)
- The Defensive Engie Pack by Jal (Come with a "Shield Generator" and a robotic bear trap, I've got ideas for both already...)
- The Energy Sentry (All Levels) by Druida (If we can hook into the bullet firing of the sentry and replace it with a different projectile, we could make this work. Level 1 and 2 use the Righteous Bison particle, Level 3 uses the Cow Mangler particle)
I was just going to make a custom building model attribute. And the amp node stuff.
Old 10-14-2015 , 22:34   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #668

Well if memory serves me correct, BANG! is a pretty cool guy and likes doing stuff for the community (TF2MV for example). Maybe he'd be down to let us use the Mini-Dispenser and Rayzar?
Yet Another Modding Nooby
Old 10-15-2015 , 03:46   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #669

Hello,

how do replace multiple weapons' sounds, not just one?
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 10-15-2015 , 04:30   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 2 (Beta 2, Mar 12 2014)
Reply With Quote #670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yet Another Modding Nooby View Post
Hello,

how do replace multiple weapons' sounds, not just one?
Do it all in the same weapon file, if you're trying to replace all of the various sounds that the weapon you're creating would normally make. For example:

Code:
    "sound"
    {
        "player"
        {
            "find"        ")weapons/revolver_shoot.wav"
            "replace"    "weapons/syringegun_shoot.wav"
        }
        "player"
        {
            "find"        ")weapons/revolver_shoot_crit.wav"
            "replace"    "weapons/syringegun_shoot_crit.wav"
        }
    }
That's from my custom Tranquilizer Gun. Just copy the "player" { <code> } bit and paste it, changing the directories.