Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2011 , 21:22   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #651

Those are debug logs, I really should add a convar/compile option to disable those, but I figure it's useful for server owners to know if their custom models are being found or not (I'll be putting up these missing models as soon as I can, but it's only a debug message, not an error).

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Dethl
Old 01-02-2012 , 00:25   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #652

I installed this plugin on one of my new servers and it keeps crashing when I give any weapon, And there is nothing in the logs that say why... other than the usual model missing errors for the randomizer weapons.

Neither of my other servers started crashing until I upgraded giveweapon on those servers... now all 3 crash with the same symptoms.

This particular server at the moment is running nothing but barebones metamod/sourcemod with tf2items extension and this plugin.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2012 , 03:05   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #653

Try updating TF2Items (especially gamedata, as the last update had something funny about the gamedata that was later fixed), and make sure you grab the tf2items.randomizer.txt file from the randomizer thread and put that in the gamedata folder.
If you crash on-give, that probably means that you have an outdated TF2Items extension.

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 01-02-2012 at 03:06.
Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-03-2012 , 08:21   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #654

Can you make it so that admins with ceratin flags can access valve weapons? For example, I want to make it so that only admins with custom flag "o" can use vlave weapons?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-03-2012 , 17:53   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #655

Not sure, the current system has a passcode-type thing for valve weapons, so that if the cvar is set correctly then people can use Valve weps. I suppose I could make a config system for accesses to weapons.

Psyduck likes replays.
Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-12-2012 , 15:42   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #656

Also, is it possible to make this plugin just automatically read the items_game.txt file instead of having to update it every time?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2012 , 16:25   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #657

Unreal1: I can do that for item indices, quality, level, etc, EVERYTHING except attributes, using Mecha the Slag's ItemsGame Manager. I've even modified the ItemsGame Manager so that it can read prefabs, since Mecha hasn't updated that thing in a long time. However, it can't read attributes yet, so no :/
I'm working on it though (but it's near the bottom of my list).

None of the weapons were updated were they? GiveWeapon should have all of 'em, though I know they changed the ManMelter a bit.

Psyduck likes replays.
Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-12-2012 , 21:47   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #658

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Unreal1: I can do that for item indices, quality, level, etc, EVERYTHING except attributes, using Mecha the Slag's ItemsGame Manager. I've even modified the ItemsGame Manager so that it can read prefabs, since Mecha hasn't updated that thing in a long time. However, it can't read attributes yet, so no :/
I'm working on it though (but it's near the bottom of my list).

None of the weapons were updated were they? GiveWeapon should have all of 'em, though I know they changed the ManMelter a bit.
Yah I think everything is up to code. But do you mind pointing mentowards Mecha Slangs Gamemanager? I can't seem to find it -_- And also, why do u need to modify attributes too? Don't you just keep them as they are?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2012 , 00:39   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #659

Not modify attributes. I have to code the attributes of every single weapon into the plugin, else they'd have no attributes. The ItemsGame manager can't read attributes.
So that's that.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=154480
It's really not that useful for much, though. Maybe getting a weapon's slot (though you can lie by giving weapon index 0 tf_weapon_flamethrower, which is slot 0 but itemsgame manager reads as slot 2 because index 0 is a melee weapon).

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 01-13-2012 at 00:40.
humbugtheman
Old 01-21-2012 , 17:53   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.09, 12/16/2011)
Reply With Quote #660

Great plugin!

The sm_resetex command seems to not properly reset custom weapons if the client has the same item index equipped in their "steam" loadout as the custom weapon. Let me try to explain it better...

Say you have this in your tf2items.givecustom.cfg:

PHP Code:
"6001"

{

"classname"        "tf_weapon_flamethrower"
        "index"        "21"
        "slot"        "0"
        "quality"        "0"
        "level"        "29"
        "attribs"        "2 ; 1.25"
        "ammo"        "200" 

If you have 6001 equipped and, in your steam loadout, you have 21 equipped in your steam item server loadout, and you use sm_resetex @me, then it will not reset that weapon.

If, instead, you have a weapon equipped in your steam item server that is not 21, it WILL work as usual.

Is there any way around this or am I just being stupid?

Last edited by humbugtheman; 01-21-2012 at 18:57.