Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

marvel
BANNED
Old 04-01-2010 , 19:39   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #601

Quote:
Originally Posted by untalented893 View Post
To be honest, I switched out the model for a more common one. A lot of people will get errors unless they have the addon. So I chose a model that everyone has.
Can you tell me how you did that? I'm a real noob at this, I think almost nobody installs addon support (valve should install it by default) so I want to change it too. Besides that the bots seem to get stuck to it.

The same error is showing on Heavy rain by the roof next to the cornfield.
Blakeocity
Old 04-02-2010 , 09:33   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #602

You'll get an error sign on the Coaster in Dark Carnival as well without the sdk, if someone has edited the configs to use models that don't require it then i'd like it as well. hehe

Also, could anyone give me an example of how to spawn a red gascan using Stripper?
I'm using the Crash Course modified campaign and for the last map you need to fill up a generator, so I wanted to spawn more gascans around the place.

Also how to do you find the origin point?
Do you use Hammer and the .bsp map file?

Last edited by Blakeocity; 04-02-2010 at 09:48.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2010 , 14:14   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
Besides that the bots seem to get stuck to it.
bots will always get confused by anything you add with stripper. if its really a blockage, the only way they can get past it is by teleporting.
marvel
BANNED
Old 04-02-2010 , 16:35   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #604

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
bots will always get confused by anything you add with stripper. if its really a blockage, the only way they can get past it is by teleporting.
Yes so I noticed, bots are not really a problem though since they will usally follow the human player and if they get stuck and get killed nobody cares anyway
untalented893
Old 04-03-2010 , 01:29   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #605

Quote:
Can you tell me how you did that? I'm a real noob at this, I think almost nobody installs addon support (valve should install it by default) so I want to change it too. Besides that the bots seem to get stuck to it.

The same error is showing on Heavy rain by the roof next to the cornfield.
For the park, I replaced this
PHP Code:
{
    ;
Park Maze Blocker Left Park entrance blocker

"solid" "6"
    "origin" "-4778 -2864 -136"
    "angles" "0 90 0"
    "model" "models/props_wasteland/exterior_fence002c.mdl"
    "classname" "prop_dynamic"
    "targetname" "medium_route_blocker"

with this
PHP Code:
{
    ;
Park Maze Blocker Left Park entrance blocker(right)

"solid" "6"
    "origin" "-4800 -2864 -190"
    "angles" "0 90 0"
    "model" "models/props_fortifications\barricade001_128_reference.mdl"
}
{
    ;
Park Maze Blocker Left Park entrance blocker (left)

"solid" "6"
    "origin" "-4730 -2864 -190"
    "angles" "0 90 0"
    "model" "models/props_fortifications\barricade001_64_reference.mdl"

The model is a bit smaller in width, so I had to add an extra one, but everyone who has l4d2 has it. Don't forget to replace it for the hard route as well. I didn't use any of the other cfgs provided, built the rest from scratch so I can't help you switch out the models on those.

Quote:
Also how to do you find the origin point?
Do you use Hammer and the .bsp map file?
In game you can find the origin by using the command "getpos." It will give you the coordinates you are at. Z axis is given at about eye level. Hammer won't work with .bsp files, only VFMs. If using the "getpos" command does work for what you want to do, google search decompiled l4d2 maps.

Now for my own question!

Atomic, You said earlier in your posts that you were working on a version of your plugin that will pick paths based on the scores of both teams. Are you still working on this or is this a project that didn't make it? Thanks!
marvel
BANNED
Old 04-03-2010 , 06:04   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #606

Thx untalented, I will test it. I'm only using the hard route btw so that makes it simple ;)

One other question, while I'm in this topic anyway

Does anybody know how to spawn weapons at the start of a map? For instance c1m1_hotel only has pistols, c2m1_fairgrounds only has an SMG and pump shotgun, I would like to spawn other weapons there like spas, m16 and autoshottie.

It's no problem for me to spawn weapons but they only have 1 clip and no backup ammo when you pick them up, and when one survivor picks it up the weapon is gone, so you have to spawn more so what I would like is one weapon that can be picked up by all survivors and has full ammo or if not possible, spawn an ammo pod next to it.

Any idea?
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2010 , 15:11   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #607

Quote:
Does anybody know how to spawn weapons at the start of a map? For instance c1m1_hotel only has pistols, c2m1_fairgrounds only has an SMG and pump shotgun, I would like to spawn other weapons there like spas, m16 and autoshottie.

It's no problem for me to spawn weapons but they only have 1 clip and no backup ammo when you pick them up, and when one survivor picks it up the weapon is gone, so you have to spawn more so what I would like is one weapon that can be picked up by all survivors and has full ammo or if not possible, spawn an ammo pod next to it.

Any idea?
this was already asked several pages back by jane.. and the answer is 3 pages back.
marvel
BANNED
Old 04-04-2010 , 18:05   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
this was already asked several pages back by jane.. and the answer is 3 pages back.
Yes I have already tried that, but what it does is spawn several shotguns, with the ammo I select with the 'ammo' flag.

When I set ammo to 90, it spawns like 5 or 6 shotguns with 90 ammo, when I pick up one shotgung and then another I have 180 ammo and the second shotgun is still there on the ground but empty now.

What I want is just spawn one shotgun (or any other weapon) that doesn't go away when I pick it up and all survivors can pick up and have the ammo I select, just like the guns usually in the saferoom.

Any idea?

Last edited by marvel; 04-04-2010 at 18:30.
marvel
BANNED
Old 04-04-2010 , 18:28   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #609

I was thinking, maybe it's just easier to replace all SMG weapons by rifle's (m16's) and all shotguns (chrome, pump) by the autoshotgun.
marvel
BANNED
Old 04-04-2010 , 20:22   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #610

Ok, I know it's very easy to ask everything but I dropped my laziness and started figuring this out myself. So I used stripper_dump to dump the cfg from c5m5_bridge. It's a map where all weapons (shotgun, M16) are on the table for you to pickup. So I stole those values and made a dump of c1m1_hotel and looked for the origins where the first_aid_kits are, as you know they are also on the table in c1m1_hotel.

I looked up the firstaidkits in c1m1hotel, where they were and replaced them with the values from the guns in c5m5_bridge. So my cfg for hotel now looks like this:

Code:
add:
{
	"origin" "420 5719 2887.87" (origin of first_aid_kit on table).
	"weapon_selection" "tier2_any"
	"spawnflags" "2"
	"solid" "6"
	"skin" "0"
	"disableshadows" "1"
	"count" "5"
	"body" "0"
	"angles" "0 270 90"
	"classname" "weapon_spawn"
	"hammerid" "2338600"
}

{
	"origin" "439 5751 2887.87"
	"weapon_selection" "tier2_any"
	"spawnflags" "2"
	"solid" "6"
	"skin" "0"
	"disableshadows" "1"
	"count" "5"
	"body" "0"
	"angles" "0 270 90"
	"classname" "weapon_spawn"
	"hammerid" "2338600"
}
This will spawn any tier2 weapon (it's random everytime) on the table in c1m1_hotel, if I add 4 I get 4 different tier2 weapons (spas, snipe, military snipe etc). I loaded it up, joined the server and yes, all weapons were there with the correct amount of ammo and for unlimited pickup by all survivors and they were lying on the table, med packs got auto pushed away (at least it looked like that).

Now, tier2_any is good enough for me since I want to spawn all tier2_weapons and let the survivor choose between them, there are 6 tier2 weapons:

- m16
- autoshotgun
- sniper
- m. sniper
- ak47
- spas

Now, dropping all these weapons on the table will make a big mess, sometimes the guns get pushed away and fall behind the table, so let's say I want to place them next to the table on the floor, nicely lined up. How would I know the origins for those positions?

Next, I want to spawn items. I know the models for that too from the c5m5_bridge config where pipes and molotov's are avaiable also standing on the table. So I want to put 4 pipes and 4 molotov's lined up next to each other as well but this time on the bottom shelve of the table (hotel table has one) or maybe I could even add an extra table myself and put all the stuff on that one

Would this be possible as well, if so, how?