isn't max 18 survivors + max 18 infected = 32? town's max 18

DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-24-2009 , 16:12   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sky View Post
isn't max 18 survivors + max 18 infected = 32? town's max 18
Why limit the plugin at 18 now when 30/32 may become the limit at some suspicious time?

Also by allowing people to limit as much as they want, you could have a 18 player survival game? It's offering the option, it's not an option you have to use.
Old 05-24-2009 , 17:47   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Khat View Post
Why limit the plugin at 18 now when 30/32 may become the limit at some suspicious time?

Also by allowing people to limit as much as they want, you could have a 18 player survival game? It's offering the option, it's not an option you have to use.
i tried using yours to put max 18 for both teams and what happened is bots were counted as human players so players get valve reject server full when attempting to enter the server even though i changed the value of visible max players to 32 and l4d_maxplayers 32

Zeusbba
Old 05-25-2009 , 00:58   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sky View Post
i tried using yours to put max 18 for both teams and what happened is bots were counted as human players so players get valve reject server full when attempting to enter the server even though i changed the value of visible max players to 32 and l4d_maxplayers 32
Also had the reporting of server is full on our new server with 8 v 8 and we had at least 4 bots in.

!jointeam2 wouldnt work either.
-Sky
Old 05-25-2009 , 02:00   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #55

absolutely, only if downtown fix it for 32 human players, and khat to fix the "bot recognized as human players" bug

Damizean
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-25-2009 , 02:33   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #56

Bots are indeed counted as players because they are fake clients, so the only fix needed to be done is Downtown's (if he's capable to hack the engine to allocate more clients)
Send a message via AIM to Damizean Send a message via MSN to Damizean
-Sky
Old 05-25-2009 , 05:32   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #57

yup.. please don't use hack. cos we're legally responsible bout "hacking".
valve and steam takes it very seriously bout their engines being hacked.

Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2009 , 17:14   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #58

Survivor limit + infected limit should be limited to <= GetMaxClients() since it's simply impossible to have the sum be any higher.
Zeusbba
Old 05-25-2009 , 19:17   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
Survivor limit + infected limit should be limited to <= GetMaxClients() since it's simply impossible to have the sum be any higher.
That part I have, mine is set to 16 as I want 8 players on each side, how do we go about setting it so we can get full of human players? I'm not sure exactly how many were in mine as its tough to keep track with the scoreboard, but I know I had 4 bots on Survivors yet I kept getting IM's on steam from friends who said the game was being reported as full and they couldnt join. Those 4 bot slots should have been joinable.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2009 , 01:57   Re: [L4D] Super Versus
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeusbba View Post
That part I have, mine is set to 16 as I want 8 players on each side, how do we go about setting it so we can get full of human players? I'm not sure exactly how many were in mine as its tough to keep track with the scoreboard, but I know I had 4 bots on Survivors yet I kept getting IM's on steam from friends who said the game was being reported as full and they couldnt join. Those 4 bot slots should have been joinable.
I was told at the steam forum that the new version of Left 4 Downtown dosen't work when you put l4d_maxplayers 16 in your server.cfg
You will have to change your command line instead. If you don't wanna do that I can PM you the old version, 0.2.0
Quote:
l4d_maxplayers is now restricted to <= +-maxplayers set from command line.