0% 

How to fix your Steam listen server!

Post New Thread Reply   

Nexus
Old 06-06-2004 , 05:38  
Reply With Quote #51

listenserver = lan server
dedicatedserver = online server

but it shouldn't be a big problem to compile this for linux...

can you tell me why the mysql module is recognized as incompitable with metamod 1.17.1 and amxx mod 0.16 ?
BAILOPAN
Old 06-06-2004 , 05:44  
Reply With Quote #52

About lag: What do you want me to say? That there's a cvar, make_it_not_lag? This happens with AMX too so maybe try a different bot.

Nexus:
Quote:
listenserver = lan server
A listen server is one that you create from a client, so the game you are playing is the server, and if you leave the server goes away.

Quote:
but it shouldn't be a big problem to compile this for linux...
Actually, is it... but I won't get into that now

Quote:
can you tell me why the mysql module is recognized as incompitable with metamod 1.17.1 and amxx mod 0.16 ?
Our official mysql module should work with AMXx fine. If you have any specific errors, please post them. (btw mysql module does not use metamod so that's irrelevant).
Old 06-06-2004 , 06:36  
Reply With Quote #53

k

[AMXX] Module is not a valid library (file "cstrike/addons/amxx/modules/mysql_amx_i686.so")L 06/06/2004 - 11:29:40: [AMXX] Make sure that modules are compatible with AMX Mod X 0.16
L 06/06/2004 - 11:29:40: [AMXX] Please fix the problem then start the server again
So Jun 6 11:29:41 CEST 2004: Server Quit

testetd with i368 and i686 compiles.

2.6.4 Kernel + BadMem patch
Mallent
Old 06-07-2004 , 11:26  
Reply With Quote #54

Where can I get Metamod 1.17X3? I am currently using the latest version of Metamod and its not loading Amxx.
Spector
Old 06-08-2004 , 09:53  
Reply With Quote #55

(NOOB MISTAKE MADE TOPIC NOT POST B4 THIS SOZ GUYS)
Just registered to help you guys out. First of all I am playing CS:CZ. I have downloaded metmod 1.17.1.0 and amxx 0.16 (including BAILOPAN's dll fix). I'm only on a LAN so i'm using win32 and it is a Listen Server. All default plugins apart from PimpDaddy's Wc3FT mod.

It has been working well and all (fully knowing its not stable on CS:CZ)

Situation:I was in a t'spawn (fy_pool_day?),k.
i saw a terrorist being spawned (during play) ,which blinked for just a second then disapered again. now straight after that the game froze.

Just a slightly educated guess but im sure it has something to do with Wc3FT (only during game spawn bug not round start) but hey its probably amxx too?

I just thought i'd let you awsome creators know about this problem so you can check this out
Spector
Old 06-08-2004 , 10:01  
Reply With Quote #56

Need more info on whats happening to it...
Does it hang where? what happens??
{NM}Jason
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-08-2004 , 10:05  
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallent
Where can I get Metamod 1.17X3? I am currently using the latest version of Metamod and its not loading Amxx.
try the New offical Ver brfore ya try others :-) it should work you just doing Somthing wrong your Server dosent Like you j/k j/k kiddind post any error messages your Getting some one should beable to help ya out :-)
Shortly after posting that image, Jason crushed the truck into a ball with his hands, and tossed it over his shoulder.
Send a message via ICQ to {NM}Jason Send a message via AIM to {NM}Jason Send a message via MSN to {NM}Jason Send a message via Yahoo to {NM}Jason
Spector
Old 06-08-2004 , 10:17  
Reply With Quote #58

Me again...
Hey with your problem try this... only suggesting.
MY CS:CZ Setup
Get Amxx 0.16 (WON or Steam) and unpack
Get Metamod 1.17.1.0
Create folders (addons/metamod/dlls/[place dll here])
Tweak or make metamod plugin.ini
On the first page BAILOPAN' dll (amxx_mm.dll)..replace old one
Everything may be sweet now
....if not try this. inside your scripting/include folder open amxconst.inc down about 16 odd lines or so no #define NO_STEAM will have two // infront of it... delete them. Recompile your plugins and replace them all
then if not done already which i dont think it is when you download it, open up your modules.ini file and take the ";" out from infront of the moudules
I did this a while ago so dont get to pissed off if i doesnt work
Mallent
Old 06-08-2004 , 17:26  
Reply With Quote #59

Ok, I'm running Amxx 0.16 Steam, Metamod 1.17.1.0, I have made the plugin.ini (win32 addons/amxx/dlls/amxx_mm.dll) I have replaced the old amxx_mm.dll with the new one, and what happens is when I start my server metamod loads properly, but when I type in meta list it says zero plugins running. From what I know that means Amxx has not been loaded...correct?
Mallent
Old 06-08-2004 , 17:34  
Reply With Quote #60

Spector. I've also taken out the two // in front of #define NO_STEAM, I took the ; out from in front of the modules. I recompiled the plugins, but am not sure by what you meant by replacing them all? I just have the default plugins in that file...cut and paste em?