Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Custom Boss Spawner (v.5.0.2) [11/13/2016]

Post New Thread Reply   

luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2013 , 07:51   Re: [TF2] Automatic Halloween Boss Spawner (v.2.1) [11/16/2013]
Reply With Quote #51

Chaosxk, have you added some code for Eternaween?

For example not to spawn bosses while enabled or precache new Merasmus lines ?
Old 11-19-2013 , 15:03   Re: [TF2] Automatic Halloween Boss Spawner (v.2.1) [11/16/2013]
Reply With Quote #52

Is there a possibilty to chance the countdown, so i can disable it in the cfg or enable it.

Further dont know if it is possible to add more cool bosses or creeps.

Great plugins.

Last edited by Happy DODs player; 11-19-2013 at 15:17.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2013 , 02:13   Re: [TF2] Automatic Halloween Boss Spawner (v.2.1) [11/16/2013]
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ.C.XXX View Post
I've made map cfgs for custom maps in order to spawn bosses in specific locations. The bosses do not spawn without sm_boss_position "" in the bossspawner.cfg. The bosses also spawn in the same spot no matter what coordinate I put them at, which somehow is different each time on the maps automatically, even in the bossspawner.cfg manually I have a coordinate for a specific custom map that changes on another map while in-game, do to the boss spawning somewhere I dislike.
Remove sm_boss_position from bossspawner.cfg
Then put sm_boss_position in your map configs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luki1412 View Post

Don't know anything about Eternaween. I didn't know Merasmus has new lines, i'll add that to this and the Merasmus plugin whenever i have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy DODs player View Post
Is there a possibilty to chance the countdown, so i can disable it in the cfg or enable it.

Further dont know if it is possible to add more cool bosses or creeps.

Great plugins.
Whenever i'm free, i'll add that and the coordinates of where to place the HUD.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 11-22-2013 at 02:15.
kem008
Old 11-25-2013 , 15:04   Re: [TF2] Automatic Halloween Boss Spawner (v.2.1) [11/16/2013]
Reply With Quote #54

This plugin can cause sometimes player can get godmode mean immortal cant die?
Because I am using this plugin and there are some bug I tried to delete every other plugin what I have downloaded but nothing changed
The plugin cant save the coordinates to the original boss spawner cfg I have to remove it and the plugin sometimes dont want to spawn the boss and the other the godmode giving but why? I cant understand it.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 11-25-2013 , 17:16   Re: [TF2] Automatic Halloween Boss Spawner (v.2.1) [11/16/2013]
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by luki1412 View Post

Shit, I forgot about the new Merasmus lines in my Boss Spawner plugin. I also need to precache skeleton lines.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2013 , 20:49   Re: [TF2] Automatic Halloween Boss Spawner (v.2.1) [11/16/2013]
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem008 View Post
This plugin can cause sometimes player can get godmode mean immortal cant die?
Because I am using this plugin and there are some bug I tried to delete every other plugin what I have downloaded but nothing changed
The plugin cant save the coordinates to the original boss spawner cfg I have to remove it and the plugin sometimes dont want to spawn the boss and the other the godmode giving but why? I cant understand it.
I will look into the godmode issue, but it may not be this plugin.

As for the boss not spawning, the console might print something out that should say something along the lines of "Coordinates not yet set", try to redownload the boss_spawner.cfg from the O.P. But the plugin alone can auto-create a config file. (Note: the config file is located in sourcemod/config)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Shit, I forgot about the new Merasmus lines in my Boss Spawner plugin. I also need to precache skeleton lines.
Should be fine, except the console might show that the sound isn't precached. and the sounds won't play.

Last edited by Chaosxk; 11-25-2013 at 20:51.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2013 , 13:04   Re: [TF2] Automatic Halloween Boss Spawner (v.2.1) [11/16/2013]
Reply With Quote #57

I know you're a busy man but when you get some time, if it is possible, can you add functionality for skeletons, including the king.
Chaosxk
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2013 , 01:37   Re: [TF2] Automatic Halloween Boss Spawner (v.2.1) [11/16/2013]
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
I know you're a busy man but when you get some time, if it is possible, can you add functionality for skeletons, including the king.
It's on my too-do list.
Old 12-02-2013 , 11:36   Re: [TF2] Automatic Halloween Boss Spawner (v.2.1) [11/16/2013]
Reply With Quote #59

I have sm_boss_position "3250,1932,-649" in my config file, the coords were given to me using the command in the plugin so I know they are right. But when the boss is spawned, he is nowhere to be seen (Monoculus). It comes up with the message that he has spawned and it plays his music, but he just isn't there.

Edit
Okay I don't understand this bug at all. Here is what I'm doing.
  1. Using sm_getcoords to get the position of the spawn point
  2. Entering said coords into the configuration file
  3. Reboot server
  4. Enter sm_boss_position into console, it outputs the correct coords I entered
  5. Using sm_forceboss
  6. He spawns somewhere else

The only way I can resolve this bug is to then manually change the coords again using the console. It seems to just be ignoring my input and using its own, even though it's outputting the correct values to me.

PHP Code:
17:50:19 "sm_boss_position" "3250,1932,-649" def"" )
          - 
Spawn Position of the boss
On the map this was tested on, even though to above is the correct coords it's spawning him roughly around 16,-6,0

Last edited by Snaggle; 12-02-2013 at 12:51.
kem008
Old 12-02-2013 , 13:45   Re: [TF2] Automatic Halloween Boss Spawner (v.2.1) [11/16/2013]
Reply With Quote #60

There is another method to give coordinates not from server cfg or plugin cfg like a map cfg but I dont know how can I make it becuz I only have seen the map cfg method in obsidian conflict and I dont know it is working in normal valve games.