Post New Thread Reply   

Hambone
Old 12-20-2005 , 13:49  
Reply With Quote #51

Bot joined the channel!

Couple of notes:
  • Initial "meta refresh" after install crashed the server
  • "meta unload" then "meta refresh" will crash the server
  • First time, bot connected to the IRC server, but wouldn't join the channel. Restarted the server and the bot joined the channel correctly.
Thank you for the hard work sslice.

UPDATE:
It seems that there's something odd going on here. The server wont always stay running after a restart. It will start and then immediately crash. The bot will join the channel and immediately leave with:

WarReporter has left irc.gamesurge.net (Excess Flood)
Gameserver: 204.228.197.75:27015
sslice
Old 12-20-2005 , 13:56  
Reply With Quote #52

Well, whenever CVARs are changed, it sends that info to IRC by default. If a lot of CVARs are changed (like in server.cfg), I can definitely see it disconnecting because of excess flood. You can disable that and other info you don't want to see by commenting it out in cstrike.cfg

As for the crashing, I'm definitely going to have to look into that.
Old 12-20-2005 , 14:07  
Reply With Quote #53

Thanks sslice.

I wish I could provide you with more information about the environment it's running under. I've asked but haven't gotten a response from CS.
Hambone
Old 12-20-2005 , 14:13  
Reply With Quote #54

If I flood the bot off the IRC server, say using the players command, it crashes the CS:S server...
tahvo
Old 12-20-2005 , 15:06  
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone
If I flood the bot off the IRC server, say using the players command, it crashes the CS:S server...
same here
sslice
Old 12-20-2005 , 17:09  
Reply With Quote #56

If you have any .mdmp files in the same folder as srcds.exe is in, I would appreciate it if you could send a PM with it/them attached. If not, try running in debug mode by adding -allowdebug to parameters.
Old 12-20-2005 , 23:04  
Reply With Quote #57

Release 0.71
- Fixes known crashes
- Changed !info to !gameinfo because of ChanServ conflicts

Note: I'll be gone for a couple of weeks while I go to family's house across the country for the holidays. If you run into any crashes, try to reproduce them in debug mode (by using -allowdebug in parameters) and attach the .mdmp files srcds.exe produces as a reply or as a PM (only for windows users). Actually, it might even be a good idea to run in debug mode as long as this plugin is in beta. Any other information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-22-2005 , 21:57   WoW got it to load on my server and WoW...
Reply With Quote #58

I have nothing but happiness now lol... But I'm a complainer hopefully not really I just want to ask a few questions.

Can I add lines to the output for example the results of !gameinfo?
I would love to see that information posted on every round start.
Can I get frags to show next to each player? after every kill or death?
Can I team scores to show at the end of each round?
Finally Can we get console replies like to "rank", "timeleft", "nextmap" and "Top Killer (seperate plugin but uses mani to express comments)"

Also these are some things I have noticed cause server shut down
!gameinfo - done 2 times in a row
!players - done more than once after server is started

I'm just guessing but you previously had to adjust nicks or steam id's for not registering correctly. Since the "skins" update I have noticed nicks are a little screwy lots of extra spaces and so on.

I thank you for all you have done and being so eager to communicate with me in particular. Keep up the great work.

also I have some ".mdmp" files if you need them I'm on your aim messenger
Send a message via AIM to neiltoe
neiltoe
Old 12-25-2005 , 12:36   I have a question for anyone....
Reply With Quote #59

I don't quit undstand how to get this plugin to "send to irc". Ok now I'll elaborate. I know how to use the player command "/irc" to send to irc but I have tried to script a few lines using event scripts to send vital info to IRC so people watching never are inclined to use "!gameinfo" and
"!players" . Unfortunately those 2 commands are a sure way to shut down my server. If anyone understands sslice's work and what variables it uses to acquire such data please inform me. Also I have tried the Application called "HLSW" latest version and It is actually a perfect solution to the vital info but, I am unable to keep the "get log" and "update automatically" after 1 map change. So I ask of anyone to please help me solve these 2 things so I can make my Channel on IRC complete. Thank You in advance for any reply.
Send a message via AIM to neiltoe
FiRem00
Old 12-26-2005 , 07:19  
Reply With Quote #60

Could you add the ability to display something in IRC when someone attacks a teammate AND when one is killed? (differentiate from normal kills)