Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Grabber:SM

Post New Thread Reply   

teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 09-24-2008 , 18:08   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #51

Oh and incase you think I am on crack about the dispensers on carts. No idea why its seeing this as something you can lift but it does happen

Stripper dump of pl_goldrush cart.

"origin" "-3273 1652 -30"
"touch_trigger" "dispenser_trigger"
"TeamNum" "3"
"targetname" "cart_dispenser"
"spawnflags" "12"
"parentname" "minecart_tracktrain"
"classname" "mapobj_cart_dispenser"
"hammerid" "2222183"
}{
"model" "*150"
"targetname" "dispenser_trigger"
"classname" "dispenser_touch_trigger"
"hammerid" "2222185"
}{

My Crappy Plugins: SuperBuilds, Parent Buildables,
L4D Player Info
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-25-2008 , 16:40   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyruxpin View Post
Load up Goldrush or Badwater and as a red player or blue walk to the cart and stand infront of it.
I did this. I tried pl_goldrush, pl_badwater and pl_dustbowl_b4

Quote:
Use the grabber command and you should see it lift a very small amount and hear the GG sound. Then stop and the cart will be broke for the entire round and will not move no matter how many blue players are standing next to it.
I did use the grabber from every possible angle. The cart NEVER moved an inch and I ALWAYS heard the denied sound and NEVER heard the picked up sound.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-25-2008 , 16:47   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Oh and incase you think I am on crack about the dispensers on carts. No idea why its seeing this as something you can lift but it does happen

Stripper dump of pl_goldrush cart.

"origin" "-3273 1652 -30"
"touch_trigger" "dispenser_trigger"
"TeamNum" "3"
"targetname" "cart_dispenser"
"spawnflags" "12"
"classname" "mapobj_cart_dispenser"
"hammerid" "2222183"
}{
"model" "*150"
"targetname" "dispenser_trigger"
"classname" "dispenser_touch_trigger"
"hammerid" "2222185"
}{
Oh yes, I definitely think you're on crack or something

Again this also proves my point. The code examines the netclass and will only pickup objects that start with "obj_" (or "prop_" unless sm_grabber_props is set to 0).

According to stripper, the classname of the cart is "mapobj_cart_dispenser". When I used env_text, it indicated the class name as "func_tracktrain". Neither one of these starts with "obj_", although "mapobj_" is close, it is NOT "obj_".

I do have another version that is more strict on the types it will pickup and track, but it is not quite ready for release yet. I will also do some more investigation to determine what exacty the netclass is for a cart...

Last edited by naris; 09-25-2008 at 16:50.
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 09-26-2008 , 01:19   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #54

OK then take a look at this demo file

http://72.233.53.200/maps/douchebag1.dem.bz2

You can see I was a douchebag and at the start of the game sticky jumped over to the cart on pl_badwater as a red demo. Picked it little bomb cart up with the Grabber and then put it back down. Chaos ensues. I get my ass handed to me for a min before they figure out my greasy ways.

/\ <-- Sword fight

-Teddy

L4D Player Info
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-26-2008 , 22:33   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
OK then take a look at this demo file

/\ <-- Sword fight
Oh, OK. I found the issue. Apparently there id also a prop_physics on the func_tracktrain and the grabber is grabbing that.

The version that I have been using dosen't allow prop_ objects to be picked up (because health cabinets are prop_dynamic). Apparently, picking up prop_ object in TF2 is a bad idea

I have updated my original post with the newest version of the grabber plugin in. Make sure to disable grabbing prop objects

Last edited by naris; 06-19-2009 at 11:29. Reason: removed old code
teddyruxpin
Overseer of lost packets
Old 10-06-2008 , 15:03   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
Oh, OK. I found the issue. Apparently there id also a prop_physics on the func_tracktrain and the grabber is grabbing that.

The version that I have been using dosen't allow prop_ objects to be picked up (because health cabinets are prop_dynamic). Apparently, picking up prop_ object in TF2 is a bad idea

I have updated my original post with the newest version of the grabber plugin in. I have also attached it here. Make sure to disable grabbing prop objects
Appears to be working so far. I will try some more and see if there is anything left. We did have the cart fall off the tracks and land on its side the other day while playing badwater. I am not sure if this was related to a gravity change or the plugin. I will get more info and let you know regardless.

-Teddy

L4D Player Info
Toe Tag
Old 10-17-2008 , 00:05   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #57

I just installed this plugin for my TF2 server on a windows machine. I was wondering if there was a way to make the SG shoot while you were moving it? If there is and sm command that i might have missed or is this not an option with this mod?
Send a message via AIM to Toe Tag Send a message via Yahoo to Toe Tag
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-17-2008 , 15:09   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe Tag View Post
I was wondering if there was a way to make the SG shoot while you were moving it?
Set sm_grabber_grabsetdisabled to 0
ICECOLD_3000
Old 10-17-2008 , 16:31   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by naris View Post
I have enhanced this plugin for use with TF2. The modifications allow you to pickup (& throw) the engineer's buildings (teleporter, dispenser & sentry gun). Apparently, you can also pick up cabinets.

I also added more sounds for when you throw something, when there is nothing to pickup and when attempting to pickup something that has been disallowed.

I also added a native interface so this can be called from other plugins. THe native interface can also be used give a "gravgun" to specific players. zgrabber.inc defines this interface for the other plugins.
I absolutely love this, naris. I added it to my TF2 server and it works great.

I just have one question: Can admins only use it? Or is it public? (I havent seen clients use it yet.. only admins so far)

And if you have made it for clients, can you add a command or something so you can either have clients only, admins only, or both? (I don't like the idea of clients using those kinds of commands)
icky
Old 10-17-2008 , 16:56   Re: Grabber:SM
Reply With Quote #60

This is a bit of a general plugin question. If I load this up on-the-fly, is there any way to control the default settings of the cvars? I tried sticking the cvars in plugin.zgrabber.cfg, but it didn't work.

Edit: Nevermind, I see that the cvars stay set even if you load and unload and reload the plugin, so I can do it in the server.cfg

Last edited by icky; 10-17-2008 at 17:01.